• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

That's great, thanks.

I'm in with $280.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
Nobody has been charged yet. If you want to support the GAF Tavern project, you can remove/change your pledge, no need to pay extra.

Yeah, I know. I don't want to remove/change it. Only if donation level isn't enough and I end up paying a bit more than I can chew on.

*runs home from work*

Corto

That's great, thanks.

I'm in with $280.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
Nobody has been charged yet. If you want to support the GAF Tavern project, you can remove/change your pledge, no need to pay extra.

I would transfer my main pledge to GAF inn package but I want that Collector's Edition! I'll throw an extra to GAF though.

Fantastic news. I put in $140. I wish the $250 book was a hardcover, but I'm too poor to spring for $500 at this point, so I'll stick with this. Two copies of the game, goodies, and I'm not paying much more than I would expect to at retail to hopefully help get this made.

Also, this was just announced today? And already at almost 1/3 of the way to goal? Wow.

Khar

Backed as soon as I heard the news. I was hoping the countdown tease was going to be for exactly this.

7KlWB.jpg

I got at least $250 worth of enjoyment out of Planescape: Torment so I couldn't back any less.

I'll chip in some extra for the Gaf tavern too.

Definitely donating to this Kickstarter once I have some extra funds. Big fan of Obsidian and this seems like the perfect avenue for them to do what they do best. Very excited to see what happens with this.

I think I'll try a marathon playthrough of these guys past games. Let's see, out of the games I own, I'm thinking of playing through:

Planescape Torment
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
Alpha Protocol
Fallout: New Vegas

I've never actually played KotoR2, that's on Steam now right? Maybe I'll pick it up. Same goes for Dungeon Siege 3, although from what I've heard about it I'm less excited about that one.

Corto

I like how Alpha Protocol isn't mentioned at all except for a t-shirt cameo.

They're targeting the PC exclusive audience. Avellone said something relating that in the Kotaku interview.

And it'll be PC only, because Avellone is "tired of designing content and interactions that caters to consoles and console controllers."

Riposte

abh35.png

What have I done

Please don't pick a lame name.

They should mention Alpha Protocol, because it might just have the best role-playing system in any of their games. Doubt they are going that route though, if the game is more exploration based.

Just back, can't fucking wait. I don't mind high fantasy as long as it is dark. I hope that is the case here. But ya know what, I like Obsidian for the most part, so I'm fucking down and ready to fucking wrangle this one!

Drazgul

Btw., in case anyone here thinks it's just another Tolkien-inspired high fantasy world:

project-eternstlr2.png

I really hope they do an update soon where they delve a bit more into the world itself.

Azih

I can imagine a stretch goal in the tail end of the campaign including a Mac port. But for now that's completely out of their plans. It will also depend on what engine they will use for this game.

I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't use their own in house engine Onyx for this.

Has Dungeon Seige III been released on the Mac? Does The Stick of Truth have a mac release date?

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't use their own in house engine Onyx for this.

Has Dungeon Seige III been released on the Mac? Does The Stick of Truth have a mac release date?
I really hope they do Onyx. DSIII was so pretty. Not mind-blowing, but undoubtedly pretty.

vazel

Banned
Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. The only way to get this on Steam is to pay upfront here for $20?

Perkel

Banned
And there goes my 100$

rpun21pdxo.gif

Best day in last 5 years !

It will break 1 mln in 24 h and reach 10 mln overall. You can't stop the train

Perkel

Banned
Noth is a beast for kickstarters. He already donated 10k.

It is absolutely amazing it reach 400k in just few hours. 1,1 mln isn't any problem.

They won't menage think out stretch goals if money will be flowing in that speed.

Top Bottom