• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

Lusankya

We don't know all the classes yet, do we?

Only four basic fighter, priest, wizard and rogue + the bonus classes.

We know all eleven classes:

Fighter
Priest
Rogue
Wizard
Monk
Druid
Ranger
Barbarian
Cipher
Paladin
Chanter

See Update #15 for confirmation.

Perkel

Banned
Whoa Ziets as stretch goal.

I like their description of paladins. I hate D&D ones with their religion.

But Spagetti Monster Paladin would be badass. Wow money starter to flow. Just a while ago it was 500 now it's 508

Happy about Chanters, I always like Bard-style classes. I just backed, although all I can afford right now is the 25$ level. Hopefully they'll hit at least 3 million by the end.

Durante

Ziets is a great stretch goal.

And I enjoy how it seems like with every update stuff is added to my tier. I hope it motivates people to upgrade!

adixon

I think the idea of the bard (or chanter) being more literary than musical is really smart when you have a bunch of writers on the team famous for being good at what they do. The music aspect of bards is always so underwhelming in games, click a button and hear a few insipid measures of guitar strumming with your party buff, but a literary bard could make for a really awesome companion if well written.

Dresden

OH FUCK

DRUIDS

e:

OH FUCK

ZIETS

You mean like BG made them cool 10 years ago? And a multitude of other wRPGs years before?

Bards were lame. They only got semi-remotely cool when kits came out for the Blade and that basically stopped being a Bard by gimping every bard ability it had in favor of turning it into a fighter mage.

Unless you thought Haer'Dalis was really cool.

DTKT

I have never played Mask of the Betrayer because I'm too scrub for D&D mechanics. What is so good about Ziets?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I dont really know Zeits, and i imagine others dont either, but if its good news then im okay with it. Anyway i hope the final push is great. Lets keep it up!!

~Kinggi~

Banned
One has to wonder though, how much money are they actually getting after they spend all this money on the reward physical goods.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Give me the option to add the expansion pack to my pledge (like the beta and the strategy guide) and I'll happily increase my pledge.

Tess3ract

Banned
Man I really want beta access, but it's not worth shelling out an extra $25 for. That's the price of a full game just to have beta access. meh..

DTKT

Give me the option to add the expansion pack to my pledge (like the beta and the strategy guide) and I'll happily increase my pledge.

I guess it becomes kind of fuzzy in terms of funding. Does the additional money go to the main project or the expansion?

Zaptruder

Banned
I've just realized that the mega dungeon that they're making is kinda what I was asking for at the very early stages of the kickstarter.

Niceee. Upped my pledge.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man I really want beta access, but it's not worth shelling out an extra $25 for. That's the price of a full game just to have beta access. meh..

I actually don't want beta access: I want to experience the game for the first time when its finished, balanced, polished and complete. I don't want to spoil anything for myself.

Lancehead

Obsolete Gamer's interview with Avellone, part 2.

Some good bits in there. Like this one:
What is the most influential yet obscure game you have ever played and why do you find it so important in your gaming history?

Well, in terms of influential yet obscure, that cuts a lot of games out – I feel a lot of the more common games have had a big influence on my designs (Portal, Chronotrigger, Ultima Underworld). If I were to name some “obscure” ones, I’d probably say System Shock 2 is the top of the list (it’s basically a design doc for how to make a great game), Amnesia: The Dark Descent for introducing a challenge mechanism that could simultaneously terrify you, Bastion’s narration mechanics, and Wasteland for proving to me how you could use game mechanics in the context of a “conventional” RPG to make some truly brilliant levels if you took a step back and thought outside the box.

Micerider

Okay, I waited long enough, and this is actually my first Kickstarter support to date (almost did it for Double Fine's project, but was less confident in the project, even though I love their past work, which was sometimes a bit thin on the gameplay-side).

Went for the 35$ option, can't wait to see the end result. Obsidian has provided some of the best RPG this gen (New Vegas, Alpha Protocol) and I have a little Baldur's Gate 2 cult of my own.

pyros

I went with paypal for shadowrun and wasteland, was wondering if kickstarter accepts payments from Asia, specifically, Singapore

pyros

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I have an Amazon account, and already signed up for the 140 tier(+20 for international shipping..duh, I'm an idiot), but for the life of me, I can't remember why I didn't use it before, so got a bit worried as there's only eight day left.

Top Bottom