• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So I gave Grieving Mother a blunderbuss and now I suddenly know what true power is like.

Unless I'm mistaken, ciphers gain focus for every hit... and Blunderbusses fire six projectiles. It's truly a match made in heaven.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Is that true? I had no idea. Party shake up might be in order here.

Grazzt

is there any reason why a cypher should ever be in melee range? They are super squishy, they spend half their time casting spells which can easily be interrupted in melee and focus already recharges fast enough with a ranged weapon
My cypher is a dual wielding melee half tank. 50 deflection without shield and very high DR. He gains focus super fast this way, and when things get nasty just equip a shield and use this 2nd level spell to enhance his defense.

petghost

Banned
So I gave Grieving Mother a blunderbuss and now I suddenly know what true power is like.

Unless I'm mistaken, ciphers gain focus for every hit... and Blunderbusses fire six projectiles. It's truly a match made in heaven.

Yeah this is what I been running on my pc cipher. So much focus and all cipher spells are essentially per encounter so it's ridic.

Anyone else getting a bug/weird thing with the Elder Archives at defiance bay? Everything was peachy-keen when I left, now when I go back they all aggro and try to punch me to death. Killing them in self defense gets major negative rep so I just reload. I've got a couple quests in there -_-

Anyone else getting a bug/weird thing with the Elder Archives at defiance bay? Everything was peachy-keen when I left, now when I go back they all aggro and try to punch me to death. Killing them in self defense gets major negative rep so I just reload. I've got a couple quests in there -_-

Don't NPCs go hostile when you steal in front of them? That might have been what happened.

The red cursor is your indictation if a container is owned or not. Stealing will damage your rep if caught, but not if you're... not. Took me a bit to figure that out initially.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Is that true? I had no idea. Party shake up might be in order here.

Yeah this is what I been running on my pc cipher. So much focus and all cipher spells are essentially per encounter so it's ridic.

It must be nice having a cipher that actually gains focus in combat.

WTB patch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I gave up on playing till the first patch, I'm hoping to god its being released in 3mins, even though in my heart I know it will probably be delayed till next week.

Yeah I may just wait too. I mean I've been home from work for about an hour and haven't fired it up yet.

Arulan

From Roby Atadero (Dev) on the Obsidian forums: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74083-is-there-communication-regarding-patching/page-2

Having the patch come out sometime this week is still what the plan is. The exact date depends on when all the issues we've been looking to address are fixed and everything has been cleared by QA.

In response to "Will this week's patch fix the double-clicking equipment and attribute stacking bugs? Those 2 are the biggest IMO that need to be fixed.":

- Yes
- Assuming the fix checks out, Yes.

- And many other ones.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Anyone finish the side quest "Clandestine Cargo"?
I intimidated the quest giver and now can't find the animancer -_-. Anyone know his location? It's the quest where you pick up a bunch of pieces to make a staff in Ondra's Gift.

Volodja

I intimidated the quest giver and now can't find the animancer -_-. Anyone know his location? It's the quest where you pick up a bunch of pieces to make a staff in Ondra's Gift.
The animancer is at the Sanitarium, ground floor. The old lady in the upper right room

I had a weird bug the other day. The character pages autoscrolled down to the bottom no matter what I did. Didn't affect anything but those menus, and persisted until I quit and relaunched the game. No idea what caused it.
RIP TrueMenace, it was not meant to be.

Truly, he is the Guest of us.

Look for someone named Nans in the sanitarium.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Who is the quest giver I apparently missed and failed that quest and i want to go back and try it.

huh? where can I find one?

Well, I got a unique blunderbus in
Dyrwood Village, as a quest reward
which is the sole reason I even gave it to Grieving Mother. Anyways, the normal ones are sold in the same place, and probably in Defiance Bay as well.

Beware: they're pricey.

KePoW

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted but someone has come up with a work around for the stacking stats bug that involves using cheat engine to fix the values, I halted my main playthrough when I heard about this bug, Eder had 100+ deflect among other things.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73...g-stats-to-grow-beyond-intended-values/page-8

Gonna get to pick it back up again tonight.

hmm do u have to install this 3rd-party hack program though? I've never heard of CHEAT ENGINE

I don't want to use outside 3rd-party executables

Anoregon

Not sure if this has been posted but someone has come up with a work around for the stacking stats bug that involves using cheat engine to fix the values, I halted my main playthrough when I heard about this bug, Eder had 100+ deflect among other things.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73...g-stats-to-grow-beyond-intended-values/page-8

Gonna get to pick it back up again tonight.

Does this bork steam achievements the same way using the in-game cheat console does?

pahamrick

hmm do u have to install this 3rd-party hack program though? I've never heard of CHEAT ENGINE

I don't want to use outside 3rd-party executables

Cheat party is perfectly fine and legit, but be sure to to read when you install it as it will offer optional software to install during installation.

Does this bork steam achievements the same way using the in-game cheat console does?

No.

KarmaCow

Is there a way to auto-sort items in your stash? Manually sorting items is a pain.

Also all this talk of bugs with stats has made me weary of continuing. I somehow managed to avoid the double click equipment bug but I think I'll just wait for the patch.

Xiraiya

I've been having a great time playing PoE so far.

I've been wondering what kind of attribute allocation people go with on Paladins.

I went with with 18 Res, 14 Per and 16 Might, I felt like that seemed like a pretty decent layout to get some good deflect and so on while having some good damage behind attacks still.

Volodja

Does anyone know how you calculate base accuracy? There's a formula on the wiki but it looks outdated.
It's just like the defensive stats.
Starting Value + 3/Level

The starting value is 25 for barb, chanter, cipher and paladin
30 for rogue, ranger, fighter, monk
20 for wizard, priest and druid

Ceebs

I really want to play more of this but I have been working every day since it came out and will continue to do so for the next 3 weeks. :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm playing a ranger with a bear and the bear like....keeps dying? but i'm not really sure what to do about it because i've picked talents that are supposed to make it tankier.

Remmy2112

The
bounty
fight against
the <something> the Wise Ogre
was such a tremendous pain in my ass. Took me over an hour of reloads to finally take down.

petghost

Banned
How you guys think torment tides of numenera will measure up? Numenera seems like such a cool setting...to the point that I kinda wish obsidian was involved. Was the writing in wasteland 2 good?

Anoregon

I just did the cheatengine fix, and everything looks good. Eder's defense at level 9, fully geared with modal on, is now 95 instead of 115. Grieving mother no longer has 18 bonus int.

Top Bottom