• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
its friday and I dont wanna go out with my friends

36045d1371724973t-gjamy.png

It's Friday and I'm an anti-social troglodyte with the next 10 days off.

11075872775_c7efbd6c5a_o.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, I'm surprised at how different fights can go with a bit of tactics.

Had to fight Maerwald 3 times. First time I just flat out lost, second time he killed a party member and everyone else was badly beaten, third time I drew him out, had the preast dump several buffs on the team, had the Chanters make a ton of summons, and then had the wizard dude use a 1 time use fire beam spell and two others use ranged weapons, and we won without a scratch

Anno

Man, a good fight in this game is so satisfying. The range of outcomes in any given fight is higher (based of execution) than basically anything I've played in a long, long time. One or two clicks mean all the difference. I really do feel like I'm back in my D&D days where we'd gather around one particular roll that we knew could make or break the party.

injurai

Banned
Geez, I'm surprised at how different fights can go with a bit of tactics.

It's pretty insane. It's a reason I love these games. Tbh, there were a number of Fights in mass effect 1 that went the same. That game was practically a RTwP third person shooter. With overheating that was pretty much your attack cool downs. Shame they changed those mechanics.

Ozium

Spirit shaping into a boar is like dual-wielding arbalests shaped like knives.

You non-druids are missing out.

I was a druid last night and rerolled just now into a wood elf wizard and now you are making me regret my decision :(

btw, are there DRAGONS in this game?

hemtae

Act 2 spoiler
I think I could have imprisoned the guy impersonating Purnisc but I haven't upgraded the dungeons yet. Oops.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I started over (again... =D) and actually got a change in the outcome of the very first little scene/quest, dungeon...

I chose to rush the dude holding the Rogue. He slashed the Rogue's chest. When we beat the raiders and escaped into the ruins, the Rogue asked if we could find a place to rest. I said "sure" and Calista got angry. Once we camped out, she took everything and bounced.

We found her dead by the floor trap with three tiles unlit. =(

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I've had a piece of monster carcass in my quest items since near the start of the game and haven't found a quest for it, so I believe so.

Monster carcass from near start of game? Might have passed that part to use it if its the one im thinking of.

It sounds like some meat i gave to a little kobold guy in the very first dungeon/ruin. When you approach a dialogue box comes up and one of the choices is "raise you hands." The meat is used there.

Durante

Monster carcass from near start of game? Might have passed that part to use it if its the one im thinking of.

It sounds like some meat i gave to a little kobold guy in the very first dungeon/ruin. When you approach a dialogue box comes up and one of the choices is "raise you hands." The meat is used there.
36045d1371724973t-gjamy.png

One tiny wish I would want to add to this game is on the quests screen to be able to hide completed quests somehow. I like a clean quest interface.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, is there any potential reason to horde all these junk weapons, like for me keep, or should I just dump them for cash?

Skeletron

This game has me hooked. I started a character last night but I can't devote any more time to it until next week at the earliest. Work is terrible. Aaauuuughhhhhh

The game is smart enough that I can get quest items/updates without having the quest first right?

Yes, I cleared out a zone before talking with an NPC in that zone that asked me to do a couple of things I had done already, so it was only a matter of me saying, "yep, already killed those guys - yep, already got that item".

Yea, same happened here.

I am ashamed to say I bought a barbarian adventurer to roll out the last of the
Shades in the Eothasian temple. And then I remembered it's mostly pointless from an XP standpoint.
Then I went and clobbered those goddamn
bears.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know where I can find some meat? I need two as ingredients for some dishes.

I tried killing a deer in Magran's Fork but didn't get anything, so I'm wondering what enemies drop it if they don't. Or maybe someone sells it later.

Kimaka

That is what that is for!?
I left him alone since I thought killing him/not killing him was the quest and would come up later. Didn't think to go back and feed him.

I haven't had any trouble so far outside of the
rodrick
fight but I've been having at least one guy get knocked out in most fights. Not the best way of fighting, lol.

I honestly can't remember enjoying the opening hours of a game more than this one since, like, 1999 and Planescape: Torment. I've enjoyed this more than the opening hours of BG2.

Salsa

fast forward all the time + quicksaving every 1 minute + quick loading when you get fucked for using fast forward all the time

( ͡ ͜ ͡)

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Yea I mapped scrolling to WASD and put slow mo on Q and fast forward on E. Works great.

I need to do this. The bug that causes cage cursor to randomly turn on and off is driving me insane when trying to scroll to the right with the mouse. And like others, I don't want to keep having to move my hand to different parts of the keyboard.

I need to do this. The bug that causes cage cursor to randomly turn on and off is driving me insane when trying to scroll to the right with the mouse. And like others, I don't want to keep having to move my hand to different parts of the keyboard.

Thanks to years of PC gaming my fingers permanently hover over WASD on reflex. I need to do this to.

Ozium

Wait what do you use for attack?

probably just the icon in the bottom left, attack are auto-attack unless you are near death or you've used a secondary command, in which case you are probably unpausing and pausing anyways.

plus if you hold shift you can queue command so you could shift click a secondary attack that causes interrupts and then shift click the attack icon and unpause.

infi

Got a quick question about level 3 of Od Nua if anyone can help me

I'm guessing that you need to put a sabre in the hands of the statue on this level but I can't find it. Is it not on this level of Od Nua or have I missed it somewhere?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
probably just the icon in the bottom left, attack are auto-attack unless you are near death or you've used a secondary command, in which case you are probably unpausing and pausing anyways.

I regularly confuse/charm targets so i like to have A handy for force attack.

Top Bottom