• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Gvaz

Banned
So folks, I'm curious, how's the game been holding up for you guys bug wise? I've run into a few book titles that were the wrong size, and occasionally because my text is much larger than normal, it scrolls slightly too far past beginning statements, but aside from that I've only seen one enemy kind of slide around in a downed state (and that was a troll, I figured I had to blast him with corrosion or fire).

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/30lmx2/psa_doubleclicking_equipment_bug/

If you double click an item to equip it to your character, your character loses ALL Passives/Racials/Permanent Buffs, forever.

Dragging and dropping works fine, but do not double click or you might find yourself having to restart your game. Loading the game up from a previous save thankfully does fix it.

webm of the bug in action: http://webmup.com/HArIv/vid.webm [1]

As you can see, I lose several passive effects (And am already missing my Wood Elf racial from a previous time before I learned about the bug), including a talent and a class ability. The abilities remain listed in the abilities/talents section, but if they aren't in active effects, then perhaps you've already encountered the bug first hand.

According to reddit!

Burt

Despite being the weeniest of weapon choices, I decided to give the
druid
companion an exceptional 1-handed rapier with extra speed and corrosive damage with no shield for an accuracy bonus, and it's actually super awesome, especially because I gave him some +movement speed boots and he just flies around poking everyone to death.

That's frightening.

UnrealEck

How is it decided whether damage you take gets applied to Endurance or Health? Is it a percentage to your Health and a percentage to your Endurance based on another stat? How does it work?

iammeiam

So on the one hand I've had to lower the difficulty to Easy and Maerwald is still absolutely destroying my dudes, so I'm going to backtrack to town and... like... try to make my party less squishy.

On the other hand I played the game until my laptop battery died mid-combat so I'm enjoying it.

But oh my god am I in over my head.

Almighty

What graphics glitch is that?

After playing anywhere from five minutes to an hour this happens

NmfE8fy.png

I used to be able to fix it with a quick save and reload and that would fix it for a little while, but that stopped working and now I have to either do an area transition or restart the game to make it go away. I updated my video drivers hoping that would fix it, but no such luck.

Durante

After playing anywhere from five minutes to an hour this happens

I used to be able to fix it with a quick save and reload and that would fix it for a little while, but that stopped working and now I have to either do an area transition or restart the game to make it go away.
32 bit OS? And/or low amount of memory?

lazygecko

Ho boy... I completely missed the fact that Éden was a recruitable party member. I just walked right past him and assumed he was part of the rest of the rabble.

Durante

Win 7 64 bit, and 4 gigs of RAM, my video card is old its a GTX 260 and my CPU is a Core 2 Duo E8500.
I guess it's some kind of memory (fragmentation) issue. At least the game is well-written enough not to crash when it can't load the background texture(s).

~Kinggi~

Banned
And thats why i wait a few days to play these types of games. Even though this one seems pretty polished. There are still big bugs out there.

So on the one hand I've had to lower the difficulty to Easy and Maerwald is still absolutely destroying my dudes, so I'm going to backtrack to town and... like... try to make my party less squishy.

On the other hand I played the game until my laptop battery died mid-combat so I'm enjoying it.

But oh my god am I in over my head.
Yikes. What is your party makeup?

Almighty

I guess it's some kind of memory (fragmentation) issue. At least the game is well-written enough not to crash when it can't load the background texture(s).

I forgot to mention a key detail and that is that glitch only happens when my characters are moving around or are in combat. If they are standing still then the game looks normal.

Radogol

AOEs are laughably easy to aim in this game compared to the old ones considering the easy to use selection cursor. Just whenever you want to toss out a friendly fire aoe just make sure your pals are either out of the cursor or only in the green part.

EDIT: Does the making of videos have spoilers? I'd love to watch them but I'm nervous about getting huge portions of the plot spoiled.

What's available right now are just teasers for the documentary. No plot spoilers at all.

Durante

I forgot to mention a key detail and that is that glitch only happens when my characters are moving around or are in combat. If they are standing still then the game looks normal.
Ok, that kills my theory :p

I guess you do have the latest drivers installed etc.

Durante

I already lost my permanent bonuses on my main character at the start of the game I guess. I'll just think of it as hard+ mode until it is patched.

Lingitiz

17 hours in and dammit at that bug. Seriously tempted to re-roll. That's a pretty big oversight, don't know how they couldn't have caught that.

Almighty

Man that bug sucks. I am lucky I was too dumb to realize you could double click to equip stuff.

Also thanks Durante for trying to help me. I reported that bug to Obsidian so if I am lucky they will address it in the next patch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Welp, there goes all my passives I guess. Hopefully they can patch the game to add them back without me restarting.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, can't remember if I've double clicked any eq, but I'm around 15 hours in..

Hold me

Blizzard

Banned
Yikes at that doubleclick bug. Fortunately I haven't encountered the graphical bug 2 people have posted where all the backgrounds go away.

Speaking of friendly fire a few pages back, I am slowly learning about it. Are ALL AOE spells friendly fire? I felt like the basic level 1 wizard AOE spell was not hurting the caster or teammates, even if they overlapped.

If AOE overlap hurts teammates, that seems like a negative to leveling up intelligence and thus growing spell AOEs, almost. :p I haven't yet figured out how to make character move exactly where I want in battle.

Hell of a bug, that double click one. Hell of a game too, though. Witness Obsidian, in all their glory.

Every bit worth the 2.5 year wait or so it took us to get it. I Kickstarted Divinity: Original Sin as well as Wasteland 2, but I feel this one outshines both in the couple hours I have played thus far. I'm not surprised, considering the pedigree.

Time to fire it back up and get Grimgnaw back to punching. Feel the chill touch of the grave!

Nordicus

Speaking of friendly fire a few pages back, I am slowly learning about it. Are ALL AOE spells friendly fire? I felt like the basic level 1 wizard AOE spell was not hurting the caster or teammates, even if they overlapped.

If AOE overlap hurts teammates, that seems like a negative to leveling up intelligence and thus growing spell AOEs, almost. :p I haven't yet figured out how to make character move exactly where I want in battle.
No, not all Aoe are like that. Seems a bit arbitrary at times without showing the Aoe, but with that aid on, when a skill has friendly fire, all friendlies within Aoe glow blue

I probably have that equipment bug and didn't realize it. I'll have to check when I boot up tonight.I hope not, I don't want to restart. ;~;

Kimaka

I might have that on my main character, but no one else. Not a big deal for me since I'm doing okay without those passives. Glad I'm slow compared to other players so I know what game stopping bugs to watch out for (Raedric, Cipher focus bug).

Almighty

Hell of a bug, that double click one. Hell of a game too, though. Witness Obsidian, in all their glory.

Every bit worth the 2.5 year wait or so it took us to get it. I Kickstarted Divinity: Original Sin as well as Wasteland 2, but I feel this one outshines both in the couple hours I have played thus far. I'm not surprised, considering the pedigree.

Yeah. As i have told people before I always felt like Divinity: OS and Wasteland 2 were lucky that Pillars got delayed. If Pillars had released in this shape last year(I assume the delay gave them plenty of time to improve the game) I know for me at least Pillars would of been my GOTY no contest.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I just wanted to check on this thread and see, as I have have a 100% reproducible crash which means 2 hours progress is gone.

I tried various alternative exits but every time I exit
Raedric's keep back to outside world
(Act 1, pretty early) it's all fucked.

Top Bottom