• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Chaos17

I've let go 2 murderers so far (first village)
1 who trapped a guy who beatten up his wife, so the bear can kill him.
1 who let 9 people starve to death in the temple ruins of the first village.

The main reason why I did that it's because my character murderer 3 people who were going to kill the elf mage. I was there "who am I to judge them if I killed someone myself ?". But now I have regrets to have let them go.

You can report the first killer but he won't be caugh if you don't have any proof.
So the game nulify this.
For the second murderer you can't report him, you just don't have the choice.
If you kill the first guy, so you do justice yourself, you gain bad reputation to the village (if my memory is right).
I didn't try to kill the second guy, to see what happens.

The funny thing is that the 3 people that you kill to save the elf, no one will mention that incident. So, no one will come after me even if it was selfdefense, that's still wrong and I though almost anyone suspicious in that village will be punished. Like how the dwarf woman got hanged because the lord was getting paranoid.

But now, I think in my next playtrhough, I will play a paladin who will bring justice and I hope he won't become a fallen paladin because the dev decided it was wrong to do so.

Ouch, that is a scary bug, hopefully a patch fixes it without needing to restart. I don't think I'm affected though, my thoughts are with those that are, I hope you find peace.

Loving Defiance Bay though, brilliant stuff.

Almighty

its funny when the game came out everyone was like wow this so bug free.. and then people found a ton of gamebreaking bugs lol

Honestly I was happy when the game was thought to be bug free, but I fully expected there to be bugs so I am not too disappointed that they are there. Not because this is an Obsidian game, but because you should expect bugs in any RPG as complex as this game is. What will make or break this Obsidian for me is how long it takes them to start pumping out patches.

CoolOff

Two things:

* What do I do with gems and random books?

* Shadows are dicks, always teleporting to my wizard standing in the back.

pahamrick

Honestly I was happy when the game was thought to be bug free, but I fully expected their to be bugs so I am not too disappointed that they are there. Not because this is an Obsidian game, but because you should expect bugs in any RPG as complex as this game is. What will make or break this Obsidian for me is how long it takes them to start pumping out patches.

It still launched with less bugs than Dragon Age: Inquisition, and their Q/A budget was probably larger than Obsidian's entire development budget. :p

Vlodril

yea i got the suppressed issue on my main char (fulvano's gloves). so am i screwed? i have been playing for about 8 hours..

how can i tell if i am losing any of the buffs since i dont actually remember what they were? i have a cipher btw.

Alastor3

I honestly can't recall if I've double clicked anything or not...

exactly same here, but I just finished a big dungeon and im feeling confident with my characters so it doesn't upset me much if it happen, I don't want to restart 15 hours of gameplay

Dsyndrome

Damn, I don't even know if I'm affected by the bug; can recreate it on my companions, have no idea if I've double-clicked armor already for the main character.

Durante

Everyone calm down

Here's how to fix your characters if they are bugged (without replaying the game :p):
  1. Get the "IE mod" from here to enable the required console commands.
  2. Open the console and type "FindCharacter [NAME]" to find the ID for each affected character.
  3. Use "AddAbility [ID] [ABILITY_ID]" to re-add abilities. You can find ability ids from the file names in the [eternity]\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle folder. E.g. "tln_blast" is the blast talent id.

Tovarisc

Found these items some time ago, but just now got to testing them out. Scarab one is ok, but Obsidian Lamp is sick in combat. Those shades destroy face so hard and you get to use it once per battle.

X4GPJNE.jpg

I78ckcr.jpg

Is it expected to grind mobs? I'm getting my ass kicked by some spear spiders (not the one in temple ruins). Figured I'd do some side quests as well but they're one shotting me as well.

Almighty

I just wanted to check on this thread and see, as I have have a 100% reproducible crash which means 2 hours progress is gone.

I tried various alternative exits but every time I exit
Raedric's keep back to outside world
(Act 1, pretty early) it's all fucked.

Dang i was planning to do that quest today. Anyone know if there any way to do this quest and avoid that bug?

Alastor3

Is it expected to grind mobs? I'm getting my ass kicked by some spear spiders (not the one in temple ruins). Figured I'd do some side quests as well but they're one shotting me as well.

mobs don't give exp except filling the beastiary, if it's too difficult, change and do another quest

Everyone calm down

Here's how to fix your characters if they are bugged (without replaying the game :p):
  2. Open the console and type "FindCharacter [NAME]" to find the ID for each affected character.
  3. Use "AddAbility [ID] [ABILITY_ID]" to re-add abilities. You can find ability ids from the file names in the [eternity]\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle folder. E.g. "tln_blast" is the blast talent id.

doesn't this kill cheevos?

Almighty

Don't forget to hire some adventurers if you need to. Having them in the beginning was a big help for me.

Kimaka

yea i got the suppressed issue on my main char (fulvano's gloves). so am i screwed? i have been playing for about 8 hours..

how can i tell if i am losing any of the buffs since i dont actually remember what they were? i have a cipher btw.

That might not be a bug. When you equip something and it says its effect is suppressed, that means you have another item equipped with the same bonus so the effect is not stacking/is being suppressed.

Tovarisc

Dang i was planning to do that quest today. Anyone know if there any way to do this quest and avoid that bug?

Not sure how he did that quest, but I
went in through sewer [at right], then used priest disguises to roam floor and gain favor of "head" priest. He gave me master key that I used to access throne room from priest floor. Killed the king and exited through sewers.

No crashes or game stopping bugs.

Don't forget to hire some adventurers if you need to. Having them in the beginning was a big help for me.

I'm at 4, a chanter (just got him), priest, mage and myself as a barbarian. Figure I need a fighter and one more, (probably a rogue or another mage). I'm only like 3 hours into the game. Suppose I'll scrounge up some GP and make a fighter.

Dario ff

Banned
I've been using double click all the time to equip stuff and I still have all my bonuses on all characters... am I just lucky?

Only bug that has pissed me off so far is the random page sound getting stuck sometimes, and I was expecting far more.

Everyone calm down

Are you just consistently perched on the top of a building waiting for technical issues to happen like some kind of PC Batman? Thanks Durante.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Everyone calm down

Wouldn't doing this disable achievements?

Vlodril

That might not be a bug. When you equip something and it says its effect is suppressed, that means you have another item equipped with the same bonus so the effect is not stacking/is being suppressed.

hm i do have the same effect on an another item. i am not sure if i have lost anything. i can see that i have the bonus stat from human savanah (+1 might and whatever else).

What exactly do you lose with this bug?

wolfhowwl

Banned
I'm at 4, a chanter (just got him), priest, mage and myself as a barbarian. Figure I need a fighter and one more, (probably a rogue or another mage). I'm only like 3 hours into the game. Suppose I'll scrounge up some GP and make a fighter.

There's a fighter you can pick up in the first town by the tree.

Almighty

Not sure how he did that quest, but I
went in through sewer [at right], then used priest disguises to roam floor and gain favor of "head" priest. He gave me master key that I used to access throne room from priest floor. Killed the king and exited through sewers.

No crashes or game stopping bugs.

Thanks. I will have to remember to keep a special save out of my normal rotation just in case.

Violet_0

Banned
decided to roll a new character on a whim, got to chapter 2 in a little more than three hours on hard/expert :p
- with all quests done, a little less xp and 4 less reputation points, probably because I skipped through most of the dialogue

when you know the critical path and where most of the good items are, you can completely skip over most of the combat encounters since they don't give any xp anyway. Rerolling a char is relatively painless because of this, at least early in the game

I love my Orlan barbarian, really fun and powerful class

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Guys if your item says supressed its not a bug (probably) it means to have something with the same bonus that is overriding it because they dont stack.

Hey I need some help here, PoE doesn't seem to recognize my saves anymore.

Doesn't it have cloud support? Saves should be in C:/Users/Username/AppData/LocalLow/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity btw.

No idea why it won't recognize them, though. :\

Kimaka

hm i do have the same effect on an another item. i am not sure if i have lost anything. i can see that i have the bonus stat from human savanah (+1 might and whatever else).

What exactly do you lose with this bug?

With the equipment bug, you loose your passives. You should check your Talents on your character sheet to see if you have any talents that have passive effects and if they aren't showing up under your Active Effects, than you're probably bugged.

The Suppression effect is just telling you you aren't getting any bonuses with that item rendering it useless for that character you have it equipped on.

ZZMitch

Hey guys do you know if you get better deals selling your goods at specialty shops (eg selling weapons at a weapons shop) or if its the same for all shops/inns.

Alastor3

I just tested with my character using the double click.

It seems Edér loose a lot of bonus so that mean he's okay.

My main character tho... don't have any bonus other than the items he have... FUUUCKKKK

CoolOff

Man, first through the gates to R
aedrics Keep
is insane. Like
10 guards
just waiting for you.

Is there a trick to it that I'm missing? My two tanks just couldn't hold them.

Anno

aedrics Keep
is insane. Like
10 guards
just waiting for you.

There are alternative entrances if you explore some

Regarding the final fight there,
My poor PC was immediately surrounded and downed. Eder picked them up at the bottom of the stairs by a column and they never came around to my backline. Slicken, Chill Fog and Consecrated Ground made it so Eder mostly gained endurance while cleaving through people. When fights go well in this game it's so satisfying, really like playing a good fight in tabletop D&D.

Violet_0

Banned
aedrics Keep
is insane. Like
10 guards
just waiting for you.

check the surroundings

and avoid fights whenever possible or you're stuck there forever while gaining no progress at all

Top Bottom