• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

KingKong

am I the only one disappointing by the achievements? theyre really bland, maybe I got spoiled by the Divinity:Original Sin ones but it would have been great to get specific ones based on how you solve quests so you could see what your friends and others have chosen

Shepard

Man, first through the gates to R
aedrics Keep
is insane. Like
10 guards
just waiting for you.

Is there a trick to it that I'm missing? My two tanks just couldn't hold them.

There are 2 other ways in, much easier. One is through the sewers (bend the iron bars, it's goind right from the entrance), and the other to the left, by climbing the vines.

iammeiam

Yikes. What is your party makeup?

I didn't have anything tanky. I'd started with Chanter and was mostly relying on survival until I could summon skeletons, but the skeletons were getting one-shot on summon. I went back to town, hired a fighter, and squeaked out a victory.

Chaos17

Everyone calm down

Here's how to fix your characters if they are bugged (without replaying the game :p):
  1. Get the "IE mod" from here to enable the required console commands.
  2. Open the console and type "FindCharacter [NAME]" to find the ID for each affected character.
  3. Use "AddAbility [ID] [ABILITY_ID]" to re-add abilities. You can find ability ids from the file names in the [eternity]\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle folder. E.g. "tln_blast" is the blast talent id.

There are 2 other ways in, much easier. One is through the sewers (bend the iron bars, it's goind right from the entrance), and the other to the left, by climbing the vines.
Nice that the dev though of this.
So rare.

Anno

am I the only one disappointing by the achievements? theyre really bland, maybe I got spoiled by the Divinity:Original Sin ones but it would have been great to get specific ones based on how you solve quests so you could see what your friends and others have chosen

I actually like most of them, mostly because of how simple they are. They lay out a number of fun goals to try for in future playthroughs. There are a number in there that are legitimate as fuck achievements in the true sense of the word.

Faabulous

Played for 5 hours, took a break, read about double-click bug, see that it affects all my characters. Fuck this man. I don't want to re-roll :(
This fucked up my weekend.

klonere

Banned
Absolutely loving this so far. Took a while for it to click with me but boy has it. So happy I can actually go for a build I really like instead of whats optimal - my super attack speed dual daggers Death Godlike is chopping fools up.

Favorite line so far, when you go into the Salty Mast with Durance:

Now to find a home for my other staff

Hope I haven't accidentally fallen prey to the double click bug, I probably wouldn't have noticed :(

FACE

Banned
Can someone please make me an avatar of Sawyer's face in the triple crown solo achievement? I'll give you one(1) virtual cookie.

0J6kZOI.jpg

Sou Da

Absolutely loving this so far. Took a while for it to click with me but boy has it. So happy I can actually go for a build I really like instead of whats optimal - my super attack speed dual daggers Death Godlike is chopping fools up.

Favorite line so far, when you go into the Salty Mast with Durance:

Now to find a home for my other staff

Hope I haven't accidentally fallen prey to the double click bug, I probably wouldn't have noticed :(

I'm late here, what bug is going around?

Chaos17

Well I just turned down a quest reward because its not what my character would do. This game is getting under my skin

I turned down 3 but not the 4th one in the first village.
Playing an elf mage, she is probable chaotic good the way I'm playing her.
I let the pregnant woman keep her money.
I let the couple keep their money (I regret it now, though since they covered murder).
I let the guy at the windmill keep his money (only 26 coppers? I don't need them).
I took the money of the guy who let 9 people die after venting my anger on him. He was just a coward and it happen 15 years ago.

But now I really feel that I should've punished the second and last choice.
I would do that in my next playthrough. It will only cost me reputation, though.

wolfhowwl

Banned

Dsyndrome

Well, using Durante's ability adder command doubled my One Handed Fighting ability under talents, and nothing was added to my Active Ability's, so it looks like I may be good. Celebrated by slaughtering everyone on the second floor of the Black Hound Inn and turning the game off so my wife would stop yelling at me to clean.

r3n4ud

Well, using Durante's ability adder command doubled my One Handed Fighting ability under talents, and nothing was added to my Active Ability's, so it looks like I may be good. Celebrated by slaughtering everyone on the second floor of the Black Hound Inn and turning the game off so my wife would stop yelling at me to clean.
Tell her you did clean up...the Black Hound Inn.

Durante

I'm still amazed they didn't catch it. Maybe double click to equip is something they really don't use at Obsidian? Goddamn plebs.
I think the problem is more that it's hard to spot unless you are looking for it specifically. I played happily for 12 hours or so after it happened to my main character without noticing it.

will you restart ?
What? No! Why would I? Because of a duplicate line in my character sheet?

Corsick

Is there any reason why all of my items in my inventory are grayed out? I can still use them, but it's really hard to differentiate between them all because of it.

ZZMitch

Just checked and it looks like I never double clicked thankfully. I tested it and lost some passives when I did double click (didn't save obviously). Only seems to happen when you double click an item to replace another item. It doesn't happen when you double click into an empty slot. Crazy bug!

So after
I killed that Lord in Dyrford Village for impregnating his niece
, I
decided to go on a vigilante killing spree
casually strolled into House Doemenel and murdered everyone I could see
!

Almighty

Is there any reason why all of my items in my inventory are grayed out? I can still use them, but they're really hard to differentiate between them all because of it.

The little filter for weapons, armor, etc does that so you probably have it set to something and need to unset it by clicking on the icon again. I ran into that same problem and it took me a minute to figure it out.

garath

Damn. That raedric
fight is hard :/ the best I've done is using my rogue to talk to him then instantly go invis to properly lure the group back to my better set up. Still almost impossible. I'll probably have to come back to this quest

On the topic of filters why are thy so useless? THey only grey items out, whats even the point?
When in the party inventory its not so bad, but when shopping the filter is terrible, especially when shopping in a store that you've sold a bunch of junk to. I still have to scroll past all those weapons to get to what I want to, even if they're greyed out!

Vamphuntr

Question and Spoiler about the stronghold?

Od nua is like Watcher's keep right? I can come back later? I'm at level 5 of the dungeons and the enemies are way too strong

Zeliard

On the topic of filters why are thy so useless? THey only grey items out, whats even the point?
When in the party inventory its not so bad, but when shopping the filter is terrible, especially when shopping in a store that you've sold a bunch of junk to. I still have to scroll past all those weapons to get to what I want to, even if they're greyed out!

Seriously, why would the filters not just remove the stuff being filtered out? It isn't terribly helpful to just gray things out. :p

Lingitiz

Damn. That raedric
fight is hard :/ the best I've done is using my rogue to talk to him then instantly go invis to properly lure the group back to my better set up. Still almost impossible. I'll probably have to come back to this quest

My strategy: get Sagani before you start this fight and hold all your people back near the door opening. Then use Itumaak to start the conversation and funnel the enemies through the door. Makes it much much easier.

I'm really glad I stayed totally blind on this until I played it, everything feels like a delightful voyage of discovery. Question about pillaging soul memories from NPCs, is it just for flavour or does it serve a greater purpose?

I'm really glad I stayed totally blind on this until I played it, everything feels like a delightful voyage of discovery. Question about pillaging soul memories from NPCs, is it just for flavour or does it serve a greater purpose?

I wish I had stayed blind. I'm slightly annoyed with I run into someone that I know is a party member. It colors my interactions with them.

My strategy: get Sagani before you start this fight and hold all your people back near the door opening. Then use Itumaak to start the conversation and funnel the enemies through the door. Makes it much much easier.

is his conversation important? I just shot the first guy I saw to start the fight.

Violet_0

Banned

I believe those are the kickstarter backer NPCs. I stopped talking to them since there are way too many

Arcteryx

Fuck that bug.

Hoping they fix that in the patch next week(don't see why they couldn't reset passives).

Contemplating just making another character to dick around on in the meantime.

KScorp

The "Pause on Target Death" causes some interesting graphical glitches. The most common glitch is the corpse continuously somersaulting in the air while the game is paused. Occasionally the corpses tweak out severely. They float away, limbs start spasing out, etc. It's hilarious to watch, and it corrects itself when you unpause.

Still learning how to properly use the interface. It's not uncommon for me to accidentally use an offensive ability on my allies (Eder loves to shove his party members), and I very often accidentally move characters when I want them to attack something, often leading to painful disengagement attacks.

Varna

Holy shit. Somehow I avoided the equip bug. Seems like a huge thing to miss.

EDIT: Probably because human/cipher don't start with any passives.

Alastor3

it seems it is only my main character that don't have his bonus, is there a way to know which one he had ? I don't have my old save file but maybe there's a place ... ?

So, using the mod + console to add abilities, I get the doubling issue where abilities show up twice on my character sheet.

Now my concern is that when this gets patched I'm going to have double these effects. They do seem to stack (if you add more through the console), and I don't see a console command to remove abilities.

Top Bottom