• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

KePoW

Banned
So, using the mod + console to add abilities, I get the doubling issue where abilities show up twice on my character sheet.

Now my concern is that when this gets patched I'm going to have double these effects. They do seem to stack (if you add more through the console), and I don't see a console command to remove abilities.

yeah it's not a good fix, because you get additional bonuses

so it's cheating in my book, and I don't want to use console to cheat

I'm just going to re-roll

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Asked before, but didn't see it answered:

When does the door to
Endless Path level 2
open? the stairs are currently blocked by a wall.

Vlodril

With the equipment bug, you loose your passives. You should check your Talents on your character sheet to see if you have any talents that have passive effects and if they aren't showing up under your Active Effects, than you're probably bugged.

The Suppression effect is just telling you you aren't getting any bonuses with that item rendering it useless for that character you have it equipped on.

yea i am fucked ender doesnt have the defender ability and who knows what else is missing.. pretty huge deal. now not sure if i should restart although i am not keen of redoing everything i have done so far (i am not that far ahead but still..).

Zeliard

I'm still quite early on so it looks like the only thing I'm missing on my Moon Godlike main character is the Silver Tide racial passive. It's a pretty good one, though. My only other companion right now is Aloth and he seems fine.

Now to consider whether to restart or just take the hit. :p

Vamphuntr

Asked before, but didn't see it answered:

When does the door to
Endless Path level 2
open? the stairs are currently blocked by a wall.

I think the stone one is a shortcut and doesn't open early. You need to use the one behind the energy barrier that disappear when you kill the spider queen to go to level 2

No matter how many times I create a Cipher, intelligence radius bonus is still bugged. None of my spells show the additional graphical range when I hover with the skill.

Kinda bums me out as I'm really wanting to play/progress.

klonere

Banned
I'm still quite early on so it looks like the only thing I'm missing on my Moon Godlike main character is the Silver Tide racial passive. It's a pretty good one, though. My only other companion right now is Aloth and he seems fine.

ah I still have my Death Godlike passive, well at least that means I haven't fallen pray to this bug.

at least there aren't any memory leaks or hard drive eating catastrophes

yet

Dr Dogg

Yikes about that double click bug. Just checked my most recent save and all my passives are still active so how I managed to get lucky there I don't know. Then again my bumbling has been more to do with being waaay out of the cRPG loop for a while.

Got to Gilded Vale and instead of carrying on with the critical path I thought I'd poke my nose around and see what side stuff, quests and activities there are to do while I'm here. Bumped into Aloth and found my way to the Temple of Eothas. First floor was pretty simple and I though having a Wizard in the party had balanced things out a bit. The second floor on the other hand when I started bumping into Shadows I was getting wiped left right and centre. Eventual started to get my head together and started using scouting more, upon spotting an enemy leave Aloth behind, preferably out of sight around a corner or doorway and pull one enemy at a time into my trap. So after finally getting some sort of makeshift strategy together, and a hairy moment when I stumbled upon a small crowded room of the buggers (didn't have and ranged means of pulling so it involved a lot of running away and resetting) got the quest knocked out and was ready to push on. Then after picking up the current main quest again I happen upon my next companion. Urghhh well he would have come in handy and probably save a party wipe or 5.

Oh well with my tactics refreshed and a bigger party I went back and fucked up that
bear and it's cub!
I think I might have been a bit too ambitious with a Hard-Expert run out the blocks. Still, loving every minute of it.

Morzak

After doing all the other quest in Gilded Vale I did the first dungeon again and with a party of 5 it's way more managable. Will have to check if I have activated the bug already..

Now the decision is to do the main quest or go after
Raederic

All in all that's not exactly a game-breaking bug, though my opinion might be influenced by the fact that I haven't had the opportunity to put dozens of hours in already like some people ;)

I wish I had stayed blind. I'm slightly annoyed with I run into someone that I know is a party member. It colors my interactions with them.

Honestly, there aren't many developers I trust to stay totally blind on but Obsidian earned that right.

I believe those are the kickstarter backer NPCs. I stopped talking to them since there are way too many

Ahh okay, that explains it. I'll probably keep reading all the ones I find then skip them on later playthroughs, some of the back stories are pretty great. Like in the Gilded Vale the guy who
was enslaved by a wizard and used for rituals as a boy.

I have been double clicking my ass off and I'm afraid of loading my save ti see if I have the bug. I have been doing so good so far too! Fuck restarting

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think the stone one is a shortcut and doesn't open early. You need to use the one behind the energy barrier that disappear when you kill the spider queen to go to level 2

Hmm. I remember killing that, but I don't remember an energy barrier blocking a different path. I'll have to check it out again.

Vlodril

Now i am not sure if i should restart, wait for a patch or soldier through without the bonuses.

I am playing on normal and although the game is hard at times i have not hit a wall yet.

Purkake4

Banned
Because there's a bug that might negate a few bonuses?

No. The game is still the best RPG I've played in a very, very long time. Bioware's latest attempts fall woefully short of what Osidian has accomplished here.
Because it isn't all roses and butterflies here anymore.

I love Obsidian, but I also know Obsidian, so I'm waiting a few patches in before I play it.

Zornack

Is there any way to see a detailed breakdown of my attack speed? The only information about attack speed I can find my on my character sheet is the % bonus from dex and the "Averge," "Fast," etc. indicator on the weapon.

Dr Dogg

Actually by mapping pause to my Surface Pro's digitizer button (as well as some auto pause rules) and combined with Steam's In-Home Streaming has pretty much alleviated the getting up to other stuff annoyance. Downtime = zero!

Kinthalis

Banned

I love Obsidian, but I also know Obsidian, so I'm waiting a few patches in before I play it.

Meh, as I said, nothing game breaking for me yet. Also haven't been hit by this particular bug, and even if I was, not having a Dex + 2 from my race would have ZERO impact on my enjoyment of this game.

Hell add a bug that removes all bonuses period, this is still the best RPG of the decade. It's got just about everything else beaten by a mile.

Ludovico

Three and a half hours in, looks like "Towering Physique" is the only bonus I'm not getting (Coastal Aumaua Monk - so Towering LOOKS like it's the only bonus I'm supposed to have anyway).

Not sure if I'll restart or not, I fully intend on finishing the game on hard difficulty, and I'm already having enough trouble as it is
underground temple in the first town now, getting REKT with my monk, the fighter and the mage.

:'(

Zeliard

just heard about the double click equip bug

I think I double clicked... how do I know if my stats are gone

Look at your abilities in the character sheet and note which ones are passive. If those don't also show up under "Active Effects," you've got the bug (for that character, at least).

Thank God I drag-dropped everything, that's all I'll say.

Not even sure I knew you could double-click.

I never drag-and-drop in these games so this bug was pretty much tailor-made to fuck with players like me. :p

I'm only fortunate in that I'm still so early on; if I had a full party there is a 100% chance that every one of them would have been screwed in short order.

Ludovico

Reddit thread mentions dropping party members then re-adding them fixes the ability bug, so everyone but MC's should be fine.

As a sidenote, two of my characters are showing XP as 3600/3000.
Is there anything specific I need to do to trigger the level up, or am I bugging?

Nordicus

Did you test it out?

All of my characters have their racial passives not show up in the Active effects list, also my own Moon Godlike, but when I made my fighter take Moon Godlike's energy to <75% with a meaty greatsword strike, she triggered the racial heal wave like she should.

Same with the human fighting spirit passive when energy below 50% (in combat with actual enemies), and Wood Elf's 4+ meter ranged bonuses. Everything checks out

The one we know for sure to be affected is the passive that gives a 3rd weapon quickslot, but that might be because it's one of the only passives in game that changes the menus. A possible combination of 2 bugs that manages to actually affect the game

Anjelus_

I have expert mode enabled, and the only thing I really miss is AoE indicators for my spells. It's hard not to blast friendlies without them, you have to basically mess up a few times and get a feel for when the spell's going to land. I enabled the option to turn them on in the menu, but it doesn't seem to have done anything :-(

Ozium

Actually by mapping pause to my Surface Pro's digitizer button (as well as some auto pause rules) and combined with Steam's In-Home Streaming has pretty much alleviated the getting up to other stuff annoyance. Downtime = zero!

dedication

Ahh okay, that explains it. I'll probably keep reading all the ones I find then skip them on later playthroughs, some of the back stories are pretty great. Like in the Gilded Vale the guy who
was enslaved by a wizard and used for rituals as a boy.

I read that as opposite. The guy you were reading was the wizard.

Fevaweva

Reddit thread mentions dropping party members then re-adding them fixes the ability bug, so everyone but MC's should be fine.

As a sidenote, two of my characters are showing XP as 3600/3000.
Is there anything specific I need to do to trigger the level up, or am I bugging?

Trigger a level up methinks

Fuz

Banned
Oh god, I started a few hours ago and... this is so, so good.
It's the only game I backed that went beyond my expectations.

I'm actually afraid of playing it in fear it will end.

It doesn't matter who makes the RPG. All RPGs worth a damn have bugs on day 1. It's unavoidable considering the scale of it and all things that intertwine.

pahamrick

These folks saying it's now officially an Obsidian game are off their rockers. This is one of the most polished RPGs in some time.

Dragon Age: Origins? Very buggy at launch. Still some unfixed bugs to this day.
Dragon Age: Inquisition? Super buggy at launch. When I played some equipment didn't even work (I'm looking at you, Rings.)
Skyrim? No multi-core support at launch, giving terrible performance for a good portion of folks. Don't even get me started on some of the bugs, too.

I could go on and on. Not to mention, these games had budgets twice or even triple the size of PoE, with external Q&A to boot.

Vamphuntr

There's apparently another nasty glitch according to the steam forums. If you equip an item that increases focus gain and use soul whip (Cipher) it will prevent from gaining focus again forever and double your INT score permanently.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn, that double click bug.

I've been doubleclicking the whole game...funnily enough combat still feels pretty easy on hard mode.

There's apparently another nasty glitch according to the steam forums. If you equip an item that increases focus gain and use soul whip (Cipher) it will prevent from gaining focus again forever and double your INT score permanently.

Yeah, I really should've waited a good two months before playing.

I knew this would happen, but I couldn't help myself. With Wasteland 2's big upgrade coming, it feels as if I can't play half the games I want these days. Time to get back into Attila I suppose.

Alastor3

does someone have the command to re-insert the bonus to characters ? I will put the same wizard bonus status for my main character I lost

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah, I really should've waited a good two months before playing.

I knew this would happen, but I couldn't help myself. With Wasteland 2's big upgrade coming, it feels as if I can't play half the games I want these days. Time to get back into Attila I suppose.

When is the W2 unity upgrade coming on PC?

Top Bottom