• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
LocoMrPollock said:
The Marvel Tables are awesome.

Also, add me for scores if you want GT = LocoMrPollock
done

and

Love this game but need more friends. Add: Chixdigit

done

This game is too good. I bounce between it and meatboy. With meatboy I'm up to the dark world run of trying to get the true end and I play until I want to murder kittens, then switch to pinball too cool down. It's a good system, I'm making progress in both.

BolognaSoup said:
What would everyone recommend purchasing first?

- the 4 FX2 tables Pasha, BioLab, etc. or the new Marvel tables?

I can't comment on the FX tables but of the marvel tables Blade is awesome, Spiderman and Wolverine are good, Ironman is boring.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
BolognaSoup said:
What would everyone recommend purchasing first?

- the 4 FX2 tables Pasha, BioLab, etc. or the new Marvel tables?
get them all!

from the fx2 tables core pack I love secrets, pasha is my least favourite.

I think the marvel tables might be slightly better, but secrets of the deep is the best table overall so far. Spiderman is pretty fun as well though, so many loops/modes.

You have to buy the set though right?

both marvel and the core tables are a set I think yes.

I would avoid SFII and nightmare mansion, but the rest are really solid.

Added a couple of you guys. Feel free to add me: Scooterific

So far BioLab is my favorite of the standard tables. Will get Marvel real soon.

Having some weird issues with Marvel Pinball on PS3, whenever I boot-it-up, takes forever to start, showing only a black screen for like a minute. Does anyone else has the same issue?

I'd love to have some people to compete with for scores. Please feel free to add me. My gamertag is tfg9000

So far I only have the Marvel and Street Fighter tables but I will probably be buying the rest soon.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Finally got 59 million on Spiderman and my brother turns around and gets 132 million. Damn it.

I just hit 120 something mill last night, previously had 70. Once you hit that mode that has 'final' written under doc ock, it goes bananas.

I hate the goblin mode, I can never get the 2 ball one to work, stupid ass always moves just as I hit his ramp, then I go all spaz and fail

Jucksalbe

Banned
catfish said:
I just hit 120 something mill last night, previously had 70. Once you hit that mode that has 'final' written under doc ock, it goes bananas.

Insanity starts when you then manage to lock three balls to start the "Clone Multiball".

TripleBGames

Neo Member
Love this game, & could do with some more competition on friends leaderboards. I've friend req'd a couple of you guys, feel free to add gamertag RobotronHero

See you in Rome!

Nice little bump for all the pinball fans on here.

I have been hopelessly addicted to Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection ever since it came out.
I had been avoiding this game because some people told me that it's much worse. Maybe it's best I waited past FX and just went straight into FX 2 which apparently has better ball physics.

Anyways, I can see how some people might say it's worse than Pinball Hall of Fame and they are probably right but it doesn't change the fact that this game is still incredible and a must have for any pinball maniac like me.

I bought all the tables and really love the Marvel tables, Secrets of the Deep and Excalibur.

I'm gonna add some of you guys when I have time although my scores are embarrassingly low.. most around 15 million or so... but at least it will give me some high scores to shoot for in the future.

zorbsie

2 new tables? That would be a nice surprise. I was wondering when they would add to the table collection. Will they be more Marvel tables or some of the PS3 DLC tables? I'd love to have Ninja Gaiden or Mars table.

I just noticed that Pinball FX 2 received a title update today. Anyone know what bugs were fixed?

They must have overhauled the Rocky & Bullwinkle board heavily since they deleted all the high scores and made me start from scratch.

zorbsie said:
2 new tables? That would be a nice surprise. I was wondering when they would add to the table collection. Will they be more Marvel tables or some of the PS3 DLC tables? I'd love to have Ninja Gaiden or Mars table.

They have said that they plan to release Mars and Paranormal from the PS3 version as the next tables for Pinball FX 2. Hopefully it's soon!

gar3

Oh man, I thought the bump was going to be about new tables for Pinball FX2, not spam :-(
I want that Mars table the fine PlaySta folks have.

Ronabo

Here's some news.

http://twitter.com/#!/zen_studios/status/52793719304355840

@zen_studios Zen Studios
Spent the day playing EIGHT new tables and TWO brand new game prototypes. It's an exciting time at ZEN Studios!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm super excited about my nice shiny new code for the mars table :D haven't played in a while, looking forward to a race for some scores on a new table.

Nicktals

Banned
My Xbox 360 GT is Nicktals. Add me for scores, and friendly competition! (I'm not that great, but I love the game, so whether you're great or not, please feel free to add!)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New table! Huzzah!

Long lasting platform! Huzzah!

More tables! Huzzah!

I see no downside to any of this news. Good boner points all around - very happy!

I just re-bought Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection. I have that in the disk drive and Pinball FX2 on the hard drive so I can keep alternating playing them!

It's my perfect refuge from the horrific wasteland of modern AAA gaming!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
aww yeah just changed my victory code from the last tourny (thanks opensource!) lets see about htis mars business.

Jucksalbe

Banned
added_time said:
According to this thread from the Zen Studios forum, the new table MARS will be releasing on April 20!

Was hoping for a new table that's actually new. Oh well, hopefully the one next month won't be Paranormal.

Jucksalbe said:
Was hoping for a new table that's actually new. Oh well, hopefully the one next month won't be Paranormal.

I guess it's new for people that don't have a PS3 (like me). They did say that Paranormal is still coming though but I'm not sure if it's next.
They also said that 8 tables are in development at the moment including more Marvel tables and brand new creations.

Really loving this game. Concentrating on Pasha at the moment. Just got over 100 million. First table that I have done that on. Every time I play it, I learn a little more about how it operates - unlocking missions, etc. These games have real depth.

Cant wait for the new tables!

I heard there is rumour of a Starwars table in the works. Anyone confirm that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Bluey said:

If this is true, I...I...

AKdSL.jpg

Captain Bluey said:

There was an interview with the publicist of Zen Studios and when asked about Star Wars themed tables he responded with something about having had good talks with them but wouldn't confirm either way.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Captain Bluey said:

I wish someone would work with Data East and re-release the original Star Wars pinball game. That was fantastic.

Gaspode_T

Starting to get back into Pinball FX2 in preparation for Mars ... somehow one of you guys has Mars on their played list for the past few days, I won't rat out who it is ;)

Lately I've been digging Pasha too, I still haven't been able to figure out the magnetic mission though. I also have a terrible score at Secrets of the Deep (probably because I got into this game after so many tables were already released), I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong but my score in that one is very low compared to performance on other tables (versus expert friends)

Neuromancer said:
According to Tom Chick, the "Sorcerer’s Lair" table from Zen Pinball is coming out next week.

That soon after the Mars table release?!? I really hope it's true!

Gaspode_T said:
Starting to get back into Pinball FX2 in preparation for Mars ... somehow one of you guys has Mars on their played list for the past few days, I won't rat out who it is ;)

Zen Studios gave out thousands of free download codes last week prior to the release of the table so maybe that is how they are playing it?

Gaspode T wrote:

Lately I've been digging Pasha too, I still haven't been able to figure out the magnetic mission though. I also have a terrible score at Secrets of the Deep (probably because I got into this game after so many tables were already released), I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong but my score in that one is very low compared to performance on other tables (versus expert friends)

Gaspode T,

I made this little tutorial video to show how the Pasha magnet mission can be done. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5okKrPP_EE

Gaspode_T

Dude that video is awesome, thank you so much :) I would have never figured out that it was related to rythym...

My friends list is mostly Pinball FX2 players - maybe you are already there...

BTW: Inviting 10 insanely skilled Japanese Pinball FX2 players to your friends list is about the worst thing you can do for your ego...they have the highest scores in pretty much any XBLA game I have. At least my wizard score is insanely high, I think I am #200 in the world.

I had maybe #10 on my friends list for Iron Man maybe 2 months ago and now I log in and I am down to like #25...grrr :) Secrets of the Deep I am #39 somehow, most other tables 20 to 29. People love this game!

Top Bottom