• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

even more good news from the Zen Studios forum:

"there are other PFX2 releases coming before this pack releases including Ms. Splosion Man, Sorcerer's Lair, Paranormal and a brand new, unannounced, original design."

So that means 4 new tables releasing even before the Marvel 4-pack! Incredible! I can't wait to see the new original design!

Gaspode_T

Man, the number of ports is insane, I really wish I wouldn't have to re-buy every table for different releases but I'm expecting to have to do that.

Zen Studios - shut up and take my money is really what I'm thinking right now...

They really need to have videos that introduce the table and show off little pieces of the modes so that more casual gamers will see what the depth of possibility of each table is (huge).

Gaspode_T said:
Man, the number of ports is insane, I really wish I wouldn't have to re-buy every table for different releases but I'm expecting to have to do that.

Yeah I'm dreading it too. For one thing, if I want a portable version of Pinball FX for Vita or 3DS, I would probably have to re-buy all the downloadable content. That might just be a bit too steep for me even though I want to play the game on a hand held.

Picked up Ms. Splosion Man this morning and like it a lot. The nice thing is the animated characters don't get in the way of the pinball. (glares at Captain America)

ilikesanta said:
Picked up Ms. Splosion Man this morning and like it a lot. The nice thing is the animated characters don't get in the way of the pinball. (glares at Captain America)

Ms Splosion Man is a nicely designed table. It seems to be geared towards beginners since it's the easiest table they've released by far. Maybe that is a good idea though to get some new players in. I'm having a lot of fun with it because of its charm despite getting very high scores easily.

Nose Master

I'm not a huge fan. Mostly cause the audio clips are the most obnoxious things ever recorded. Really easy, though. Got 200m on my first run ._.

surly

Banned
I really like the new table, but it is a bit too easy IMO. I got all 3 achievements on my first go, which lasted 55 minutes. Beginner's luck perhaps, but it does seem easier than all of the other tables.

TwiztidElf

Yup, ms splosion man is too easy. Even easier than Spiderman. Still a fun table though.
The music on it is terrible. All that wailing. First time I've had to turn the music off on a table.

XShagrath

Sorcerer's Lair is the next table up for Pinball FX2. Has a date of Oct. 12th.
Source

321192_10150842519345788_427673505787_21153307_857901749_n.jpg

chemicals

I'm at work... but I must know. Does anybody have any info on the new tourney? Last night when I played, I looked on the tourney screen and it said "new tournament will be announced tomorrow".

chemicals said:
I'm at work... but I must know. Does anybody have any info on the new tourney? Last night when I played, I looked on the tourney screen and it said "new tournament will be announced tomorrow".

From http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=3477

"There will be a high score Wolverine table tournament starting this Friday, September 30 and ending Friday, October 14."

Also, Sorcerers Lair definitely looks right up my alley! I can't wait!

chemicals

I'm ranked 1562 or so on the Wolverine tourney right now.. the key is to get those "fast ball" bonuses... you get a full million points for each successive ramp. Only a few days left for this one - so play NOW!

"You're not done making mistakes, bub... Not by a long shot!"

Sorcerer's Lair came out today!

I just played a match and it is excellent! I love the old school feel of it. I prefer these original creations much more than the Marvel tables!

Highly recommended to any fans of the game!

Ark Malmeida

Neo Member
I agree on the old school feel of the table. It's very well done and has lots of fun objectives. I'll definitely be spending some time with this one.

It's great that Zen continues to support this product with reasonably priced DLC.

Gaspode_T

Sorcerer's Lair is fun, I got 20M or so last night, had a hard time with the spiders and other mini games but I have hard time with most of the Pinball FX minigames...

My wizard score is now 1.5M or something, I think I am 420-something in the world. All it means is that I'm adding lots of pinball playing friends and my scores get beaten up by very many people.

My weakest tables are Biolab & Pasha by a long shot...I don't know what it is, but my scores in those totally suck compared to my scores in other tables.

Still hooked on this game. I wish I would have known about the Wolverine tournament. I was playing it the other day as it is one of my favorite tables. I got a new high score of around 40M which I was quite happy with.

I just picked up several of the tables I was missing. Ms Splosion Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Rocky and Bullwinkle and Sorceror's Lair. I'm sure I'll spend most of the day tomorrow playing them. Looking forward to the 3DS Zen Pinball as well. I still haven't seen a release date anywhere.

I managed to get some pretty good scores:

600 million in Sorcerer's Lair and 350 million on Nightmare Mansion!

The score for nightmare mansion puts me in the top 40 on the leaderboards!

It's the best I've ever done! :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
added_time said:
By the way, they announced that X-Men will be a new table for the Marvel Vengeance and Virtue pack. So that means Ghost Rider and X-Men have been announced so far and that leaves two more to be announced.

Pinball FX2 X-Men Trailer

Looks great. Will buy.

I just saw this in the XBLA thread:

Pinball FX 2 Paranormal Table 26-Oct -- Free from Oct 26 – Nov. 1, after that 240

So everyone take notice.. FREE table if you get it from October 26 to November 1! This is great surprise. I feel like Zen really treats the fanbase well!
Pinball FX2 is already my favorite game of the generation but little things like this really seal the deal.

Gaspode_T

For those wandering into this thread - the tables all do have trial modes. You will buy them anyway if you are not evil.

Free table though...free achievements...I expect a surge of sales, you have no idea how many people download games when they are free, even Aegis Wing

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
That's awesome. Table looks really interesting (it's been out for Zen Pinball for a while).

see5harp

Wow all over that free table. I should probably revisit this game. I spend way too much time keeping up with the "AAA" games when some of the best stuff is already sitting on my hard drive.

inky

Hey guys, what are some recommended tables to get? I was thinking of buying the basic pack (Rome, Biolab, etc) for 800 and probably some other stuff. I already own the first 4 marvel tables, Earth defense(?) and -my favorite- Excalibur. I'm kind of considering Mars and the new marvel ones as well, but they are 240 a pop, thus will screw up my MSpoints count.

I'm not very good, but I enjoy the game.

Gaspode_T

inky said:
Hey guys, what are some recommended tables to get? I was thinking of buying the basic pack (Rome, Biolab, etc) for 800 and probably some other stuff. I already own the first 4 marvel tables, Earth defense(?) and -my favorite- Excalibur. I'm kind of considering Mars and the new marvel ones as well, but they are 240 a pop, thus will screw up my MSpoints count.

Oh I'm not very good either so high five for more mediocre Pinball players in the mix...most of the people on my friends list are way too good, but I do recommend adding players because it makes the game a lot more interesting...it will even pop up messages like "You just beat so and so's weekly score" which is awesome because even if I can't beat their all time, sometimes I can beat their weekly score which tells me they are human.

I love Excalibur too. The core pack tables are good, you will probably like Pasha and Secrets of the Deep, Biolab is pretty easy to multiball and Rome has a nice theme (but it moves super fast so you might have to get used to it).

Out of the other tables, some of the easier ones are Mars and Ms Splosion Man. Captain America and Fantastic Four are great too, I think Fantastic Four is a little easier than Captain but you might as well own all the Marvel tables...

Street Fighter, Rocky and Bullwinkle have a sort of old school feel to them (more like the classic tables from Pinball FX1), I like them both but they are not as flashy as the newer tables. If you aren't fond of SF or R&B might be okay to skip?? The music in SF table is almost worth it to me because I'm a fan

Nightmare Mansion is a weird one, I know some people that like it a lot but I think you should buy the other ones first.

inky

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I only have like 2 friends who own tables so it gets boring just competing with myself after a while. If you or anyone here can spare the friend spot and wants to add me my tag is "inkjay".

I tried the R&B and SF2 ones and it's true, I'm not too fond of them. I prefer the flashier tables because I just mess about. I guess I'll buy the FX2 pack and download the trial for the rest to check them out. I'll probably skips Ms. Splosion Man one. I just hate the 240msp price because I'll end up with points I can't use (no indies in my region) I'd rather they be 250 tbh.

inky said:

I highly recommend Sorcerer's Lair. It's a table that isn't too tough and it's easy to get some nice high scores without being too easy like Ms Splosion Man.

I also really like Nightmare Mansion and Captain America as secondary picks.

..and don't forget to download Paranormal next Wednesday for free! :)

I pretty much only use the xbox360 to play pinball FX so getting more friends might be a good idea. I just added you inkjay..

if anyone wants to add me then my gamertag is: torontoDowntown

jbueno

inky said:
I think I'm getting then, thanks. The free table is cool as well.

They need to make vertical res TVs for this game, lol.

A TATE mode would be nice as some people already have a monitor in place for vertical STGs, though I can´t imagine many people using such a setup for the devs to worry about adding it. But in the other hand they are still supporting the platform, so hopefully they at least consider it.

Any impressions of the table? I'll give mine tomorrow night but I'm wondering how it compares to the last few tables.
I heard it's pretty unique which made it sound interesting to me.

Gaspode_T

Paranormal impressions:

- It's hard to understand what's going on sometimes, or what to do to complete missions maybe a little more than other tables. I can only say I ended up getting 15 and 30 point achievements so it's not impossible, it seems most about rotating the big cube at the top and then pushing the ball down into the hole.
- A key for triggering the above is to use the very upper left flipper to lift the ball up and right, basically just tap it late and hope it goes to the right.
- Some of the balls that fly out of the side are easy to drain if you don't have fast reactions.
- I can't figure out how to use the 'upside down' flipper on the bottom left to kick the ball to the right side but I thought that was a pretty cool idea...this table messes with your head a little bit.

My high score is only 13M or something, someone on friends list already has 40M and he hasn't even unlocked the achievements yet.

It's not my favorite table because the tempo seems a little slow and not as smooth as tables like Excalibur, but the 30 point achievement thing I want to trigger again because it was pretty damn cool (I won't spoiler it)

shaowebb

Wow...played paranormal and its awesome. One of the better tables and I love the new vertical zone on it. I can't get all the investigations to activate, but it has way fewer death zones on the table to avoid than other boards and lots of spots to hit that activate things. Best is still Camelot, Pasha, or Sorcerers Lair so far but this thing is still one of the best out of the huge list of tables.

inky

Gaspode_T said:
- I can't figure out how to use the 'upside down' flipper on the bottom left to kick the ball to the right side but I thought that was a pretty cool idea...this table messes with your head a little bit.

Wait until the ball almost reaches the tip of the flipper. I actually found it not that hard.

And I agree, some stuff seems rather obscure. For example, the cube missions will vary on availability but I'm not sure why. I only got the 15p achievement but overall I found it fun; the moment a UFO abducted my ball I liked it. Oh, and the Nessie pictures.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I have no idea what to do with the glowing blue magnets on the cube. The only multiball I've been able to activate is the single "levitation" ball. :(

Also, has anyone figured out what to do during the Crocodile Video Bonus?

Top Bottom