• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

STG

are there any "superplay" videos out there? like how to play and where to shoot etc.
I have no real tactic on any of the tables and really need some guide etc. :(

also if someone wants to add me, xbl tag: ageha stg

Nose Master

I don't even know how the multipliers work :lol. I usually just go for combo ramp shots and the "quests" on each table. They only affect bumpers, right?

Petrae

Just broke 50M on Rome, which puts me around 325M for the Core set of tables. Rome is still my weakest table, but I finally managed to put together a decent run thanks to completing four out of five of the CONQUER missions. I don't get how the Siege Tower works (much like I don't understand how to use the magnet in Secrets of the Deep), but managing to keep the ball alive by completing CONQUER loops and completing what missions I can usually keeps me afloat.

I never thought I'd have a chance in this contest, but I'm staying competitive. That makes me pretty happy indeed.

Petrae

KlockreN said:
What views are you guys playing with? I'm currently trying everyone but i kinda like view 4..

I use View 6 exclusively. It allows me to see most of the table and plan ahead when it comes to making shots. The drawback is that it's easy to miss certain targets or mis-time shots unless you are able to adjust.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
love this game, going to put some time into it pretty damn soon. had a crazy weekend of zero pinball and have been thinking about it all today :lol

see5harp

I think I upped my biolab score to around 70 million last night. For the life of me I cannot seem to do a damn thing in Pasha.

Bought this game(table Excalibur) yesterday and this game rocks! Been having mini tournaments with my nephews and will probably buy rest of the tables soon:D

Add me if you guys are interested for some competition!
GT: Moggelicious

Moggelicious said:
Bought this game(table Excalibur) yesterday and this game rocks! Been having mini tournaments with my nephews and will probably buy rest of the tables soon:D

Add me if you guys are interested for some competition!
GT: Moggelicious

I like that table, but be sure to get the 4 pack for FX2 tables. The EDF table is pretty decent too. The FX1 4pack tables are kind of meh, and the Street Fighter, Nightmare Mansion, and Rocky & Bullwinkle tables aren't that great imo.

forgeforsaken said:
I like that table, but be sure to get the 4 pack for FX2 tables. The EDF table is pretty decent too. The FX1 4pack tables are kind of meh, and the Street Fighter, Nightmare Mansion, and Rocky & Bullwinkle tables aren't that great imo.
I tried the trials of all the tables and I agree with you 100%. Will buy the FX2 tables soon.:D
I think that the street fighter 2 table is the shittiest of them all btw.

Petrae

Moggelicious said:

Extreme and Speed Machine are worse. With Street Fighter 2, at least there were some improvements (better sound, source material) than the droll tables with no point (including multiball). I think ZEN has come a long way since; the new tables for FX2 are far better than their freshman efforts.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
put some time into this last night, getting a pretty good handle on secrets now but the multiball takes ages to trigger and if you don't get it it can put an end to the games score potential, seems like secrets takes the longest to rack up score. but I also like it the most at the moment.

In secrets how do you activate the left flipper lane, flipper thing, or the multiplier AT ALL?! there is big multiplier icons beside the left low flipper and the score is always 'x1' I never hit that.

Also I cant get the ball into that dive helmet if I get it open, how the fuuuuuu

Rome is HARD. although I did start some score generation with it on my last game, managed to sink that boat, but it's easy to lose a ball by shooting the ramps and having it not make it, roll all the way back down and go straight between the flippers.

Nose Master

catfish said:
put some time into this last night, getting a pretty good handle on secrets now but the multiball takes ages to trigger and if you don't get it it can put an end to the games score potential, seems like secrets takes the longest to rack up score. but I also like it the most at the moment.

In secrets how do you activate the left flipper lane, flipper thing, or the multiplier AT ALL?! there is big multiplier icons beside the left low flipper and the score is always 'x1' I never hit that.

Also I cant get the ball into that dive helmet if I get it open, how the fuuuuuu

Rome is HARD. although I did start some score generation with it on my last game, managed to sink that boat, but it's easy to lose a ball by shooting the ramps and having it not make it, roll all the way back down and go straight between the flippers.

There's three multiball triggers in SotD. Shark Attack, Mine Chaos, and the Sub/Abyss.

PS: Listening to this on repeat to motivate myself to beat Parallax :lol

Just got 91m after botching my last 3 balls :/

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Nose Master said:
There's three multiball triggers in SotD. Shark Attack, Mine Chaos, and the Sub/Abyss.

yep, I know how to get shark attack, it's those top targets to the left of the top left flipper right? I don't know how to trigger mine multiball though.

do you guys have a multiball strat? I know 'shoot ramps' is generally it, but god...... I get freaked out with all the balls on screen and can barely hold anything together. Usually I try and trap 2 balls on flippers once I lost another one. then shoot ramps.

Nose Master

catfish said:
yep, I know how to get shark attack, it's those top targets to the left of the top left flipper right? I don't know how to trigger mine multiball though.

do you guys have a multiball strat? I know 'shoot ramps' is generally it, but god...... I get freaked out with all the balls on screen and can barely hold anything together. Usually I try and trap 2 balls on flippers once I lost another one. then shoot ramps.

I usually just flail while there's 4 balls on screen. I try to keep up if I can, but if there's more than two balls flying at the bottom, I usually just hit both the plungers and hope for the best. Once there's only two left, I usually can make them last for a while, though.

balls

Here's the contest standings:

Core Pack
1. ParallaxScroll: 700.2M
2. see5HARP: 355.4M
3. GameGuyPeter: 326.4M
4. Licorice King 293.5M
5. swingingudders: 281.3M

Ranked Match Trueskill
1. Ronabo: 13
2. Zandatsu: 13
3. see5HARP: 8

Petrae

Almost broke 100M on Secrets of the Deep this morning. Trying to catch see5harp for 2nd in the contest, but I'm not sure that I can get there. I need a better score in Rome, and unless I can make that Romulus Multiball shot (for a crazy amount of points), I'm not sure that I can fare much better.

We need more tables, ZEN. And Tournaments would be nice.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I seriously suspect multipliers don't exist on SOTD despite there being obvious multiplier indicators.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
rome is a big fat stupid bitch. the amount of times that I push it half way up either ramp then watch it sail back down again straight between the flippers. BLARGH

Temujin

I'd like some more people on my friends list, so feel free to add me. GT: Temujinski

I love the theme and the minigames of the Rome table, but yeah, it's a bitch really. Usually I only get about 200.000 to 400.000, my top score is around 2 million. My best table is Biolab (around 15m). I understand secrets of the deep, but I don't get Pasha at all.

Moggelicious said:
Truth. I definitely had buyer's remorse immediately after playing this table.

Pinball FX 2 is a ton of fun! I don't give it a whole lot my time (other games to play), but when I do, I normally "waste" a whole hour just playing. :D

Petrae

Just racked up 2.1 billion on Rocky & Bullwinkle. I finally grabbed Pinball Wizard status from Parallax Scroll!

Petrae said:
Just racked up 2.1 billion on Rocky & Bullwinkle. I finally grabbed Pinball Wizard status from Parallax Scroll!

We're going to address the disproportionate effect that some tables (mostly R&B) have on superscore.

I considered cheating last night... but didn't

was playing rome and had the multiball, 2 of them went down the right side at the same side, but they couldn't kick back all the way out, they kept going up and down and clicked together in an infinate loop, 250p every time... if I let it go for the weekend I would've had a huge score :lol

but that aint how I roll :D

Petrae

Open Source said:
We're going to address the disproportionate effect that some tables (mostly R&B) have on superscore.

The issue with R&B is that the score has no rhyme or reason and, once you learn the intricacies... it is a very easy table to master. The score racked up quicker than I expected and I was in a zone on my second ball. The fact that 2 billion points was only good for 19th place proves that the table is pretty easy.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
jizzlobber said:
I considered cheating last night... but didn't

was playing rome and had the multiball, 2 of them went down the right side at the same side, but they couldn't kick back all the way out, they kept going up and down and clicked together in an infinate loop, 250p every time... if I let it go for the weekend I would've had a huge score :lol

but that aint how I roll :D

Fuck off Jizz, I seen your scores. You're a hax.

:D

acksman

I just picked up 2 last night. Loved the first one. Have purchased most of the tables already.

Add me if you would like. Only have one person on my friends list that plays and have already crushed them.

tag:
Acksman

Updated contest standings - only 35 hours left!

Score
*1. ParallaxScroll - 700.2M
*2. GameGuyPeter - 359.0M
3. see5HARP - 355.6M
4. LicoriceKing - 303.1M
5. swingingudders - 281.3M

Trueskill
1. ParallaxScroll - 23
*2. NightOwl360 -15
3. Ronabo -13
4. Zandatsu - 13
5. see5HARP - 8

* - code winners if contest ended now

Petrae

FINALLY hit the Jackpot shot in Romulus Multiball to put me over 125 million on the Rome table. Not sure whether it's going to be enough to keep me in the top two, but certainly a timely effort just under the buzzer.

Still trying to equal my Pasha effort... finally got the 20 million bonus during multiball during my last run, but some sloppy play kept me from really mounting a serious score.

Despite Black Ops and any other new game out right now... Pinball FX2 is holding my interest with an iron grip. Can't wait for the new tables.

I struggle to hit that captive ball if I have any more than 1 ball, I don't know if it's the change of angle.

I wasn't going to get top 2 so I went ahead and played some online multi, if I end up getting a code i'd be surprised as it was pretty easy... i'm the top (behind parallax) on my list, someone else may have got a higher trueskill rating however.

Contest results!

Score winners:
ParallaxScroll 700.2M
GameGuyPeter 432.9M

A close competition (at least for 2nd place) with lots of competitive players.

Trueskill winner:
Ronabo - 23
(tied with ParallaxScroll, who already won a code)

You'll find out what the code is for this week (I think today?) and get the code itself this year.

well done winners, some amazing scores that's for sure.

wish I didn't sit on 20 trueskill, I was winning my matches quite easily.
i'll be first in line to purchase the new tables :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how the hell does the book of tales work in pasha?! I can get it open but then nothing I shoot does ANYTHING. I eventually get the fight the guards mode but nothing else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
catfish said:
how the hell does the book of tales work in pasha?! I can get it open but then nothing I shoot does ANYTHING. I eventually get the fight the guards mode but nothing else.

A great question. Sick of the book opening and not being able to get shit happenin.

And holy boners batman at the Marvel tables. They look GORGEOUS.

turnbuckle

catfish said:

I don't really know myself, but I think if you hit the lane blocked by the upper right flipper you'll get a different game (normally it's a shoot the guard game for a chance at an extra ball). Haven't played the game in about a week so I'm already forgetting some stuff, but I'll probably hop on a bit this week and play some more. The game is like crack, and if I play at all I'm hooked for a few hours. Nice to hear some new tables are on the way, and from the few pictures they look excellent.

Top Bottom