• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

Gaspode_T

Jesus Carbomb said:
I have no idea what to do with the glowing blue magnets on the cube. The only multiball I've been able to activate is the single "levitation" ball. :(

Also, has anyone figured out what to do during the Crocodile Video Bonus?

I thought the magnets were more just pushing the ball away from that lane, I am not sure but you might have to drop it into a different lane than the one the hole is in and use the magnet to flick it across into the hole.

Ark Malmeida

Neo Member
For those of you having some trouble with Paranormal (or other tables for that matter), make sure to read the rules sheet for the table (It's in the menu you get when you press start). They often don't clearly explain everything, but at least they give you some idea about what to do to activate and complete modes.

The cube determines the kind of multiball you can get. What sides are available depends on the number of balls that you have locked in that wheel contraption on the right side of the table just above the out lanes. Some of the sides are tough to manipulate. I managed to get three out of the four balls into the one with four holes couldn't manage to get the fourth as it the flippers flip these doors that control the direction of the ball and I'm never quick enough to put them in the right directions.

I've only gotten the Crocodile video mode once, and wasn't quick enough to complete it, but what you have to do is hit the right or left flipper as soon as the crocodile takes a turn to follow it.

The reverse flipper at the bottom is used to hit the spinner on the lower right side of the table. You take photos of Nessie for each time it spins and you can get some bonus points for hitting its nose afterwards.

Hope that helps!

surly

Banned
I just got 427M on the Paranormal table. 27th in the world!

I quite like the table, but there's not that much to do on it aside from aiming for the multi-ball modes and I only completed one of those as they're pretty hard.

The video mode is pretty tough, unless I'm missing something. You have to have really quick reactions. To unlock it you have to shoot the 3 targets at the rear of the table using the reverse flipper.

Oh yeah - in case you haven't worked it out, to get the super skillshot, you have to fire the ball off so it drops on to the table below (just over half power is good), then use the upper-right flipper to fire the ball into the tube thing so it gets taken round to the reverse flipper, then if you hit the ball through the spinner you get the super skillshot for 2 million.

If you practice shooting the main ramp it's pretty easy to rack up a big score when you get that "scare the Chupacubra" mode (or whatever it's called) cos you can repeatedly shoot that ramp for 10+ M.

Gaspode_T

Thanks for the tips, I hadn't put together that all of the cube modes were multiball outcomes. The levitation one can barely be called multiball though...unless it kicks into action when you hit it (I wasn't able to do that)

surly

Banned
Gaspode_T said:
Thanks for the tips, I hadn't put together that all of the cube modes were multiball outcomes. The levitation one can barely be called multiball though...unless it kicks into action when you hit it (I wasn't able to do that)
The levitation one is one of the toughest IMO. You have to hit the levitating ball to knock it into play, which earns you a jackpot. Then you have to hit one of the 2 balls in play up the main ramp on the right, then across to where the cube is, then down into the glowing hole again which earns you another jackpot (although with the other ball still in play this time, as it doesn't focus in on the cube). When you do that, the ball levitates out back down to the bottom play area and you repeat the process again. I don't know how many times you have to do that, cos I haven't been able to complete it yet.

It's harder than it seems to initially knock the levitating ball into play isn't it? Even though there's a clear pattern of it arcing up and down as it goes left and right, sometimes I don't manage to hit it at all before the time runs out.

The other sides of the cube either involve magnets (try getting the ball bouncing back and forth between each magnet to build up momentum when there's 2 magnets), or diagonal bits that force the ball either left or right and you can change the way the diagonal bits face with the flippers - you have to do that for the one with 4 holes.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
surly said:
The video mode is pretty tough, unless I'm missing something. You have to have really quick reactions. To unlock it you have to shoot the 3 targets at the rear of the table using the reverse flipper.

I just focus on the gators head, wait for him to make his left or right turn, hit the flipper accordingly. Quick and easy 5 mil bonus.

Gaspode_T said:
I thought the magnets were more just pushing the ball away from that lane, I am not sure but you might have to drop it into a different lane than the one the hole is in and use the magnet to flick it across into the hole.

You have to use magnets to give the ball enough momentum to roll into the hole. On the two hole puzzle go from one magnet to the other.

Multiball aint no joke on this table. It's pretty tough getting the balls in the holes with those magnets. I havn't even made an attempt to complete the four hole multiball yet.

So I played Paranormal a bit more. I love the theme and feel of the table. It's interesting that it is mainly built on the idea of one main ramp so that adds some variety to the feel of the other tables.
I'm not sure it was the best table to pick to give away to new players though.

Today is the last day to get the Paranormal table for FREE!

(just thought I would post this reminder in case anyone forgot to grab it)

What the F!

I used xbox.com to put the full table Paranormal for Pinball FX2 during the free first week (I am sure that I put the full table on the queue, not the trial), but I did not turn on my 360 in the last days.

Today I power it on and discovered that my download queue has the trial version of the table and the game want 240 MS points to unlock it.

So big thank you, Zen Studios, really big thank you.

Chiaroscuro said:
What the F!

I used xbox.com to put the full table Paranormal for Pinball FX2 during the free first week (I am sure that I put the full table on the queue, not the trial), but I did not turn on my 360 in the last days.

Today I power it on and discovered that my download queue has the trial version of the table and the game want 240 MS points to unlock it.

I wouldn't blame Zen, I'd blame Microsoft. Seems like in between the time you put it in your queue and the time you actually downloaded it, MS must have switched the item from being the full version to being the trial version.

That does suck either way, don't get me wrong, but I don't think the tables all that hot anyway.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't suppose there will ever be a way to download the Core tables individually? I'd enjoy buying a table or two for this since I got the free one and enjoyed it, but I'm not a big enough pinball fan to buy the whole Core pack.

Emerson said:
I don't suppose there will ever be a way to download the Core tables individually? I'd enjoy buying a table or two for this since I got the free one and enjoyed it, but I'm not a big enough pinball fan to buy the whole Core pack.
I would guess not. Truth be told though I only really like Secrets of the Deep from that core pack. The rest are just OK. Check out the Mars table through, that one's awesome and it's standalone.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Neuromancer said:
I would guess not. Truth be told though I only really like Secrets of the Deep from that core pack. The rest are just OK. Check out the Mars table through, that one's awesome and it's standalone.

I haven't tried that one, I will. I liked the Secrets of the Deep one and the Rome one, the latter of which I probably would have bought if possible. Like I said though I'm definitely far from a pinball aficionado.

Sysgen

Chiaroscuro said:
What the F!

added_time said:
Today is the last day to get the Paranormal table for FREE!

(just thought I would post this reminder in case anyone forgot to grab it)

get <> queued

I got it but haven't touched it otherwise. Always in for a freebie but sorta burnt out on the game.

Zen has just announced the latest Marvel table. That makes 3 of the 4 that will be released in the next pack.

Moon Knight:

Moon Knight Trailer

I actually like how it's a character I haven't heard of instead of someone more predictable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
added_time said:
Zen has just announced the latest Marvel table. That makes 3 of the 4 that will be released in the next pack.

Moon Knight:

Moon Knight Trailer

I actually like how it's a character I haven't heard of instead of someone more predictable.

Damn, what's up Zen? They didn't notify me of this!

Looks BAD ASS.

I finally got my first score over 1 billion points! *pops champagne cork*

It was for Ms Splosion Man which I know is the easiest table but I still feel proud about it! :)

Gaspode_T

Wow Moon Knight really looks amazing...Zen Studios are the masters of making over the top pinball now. I want them to work on a Devil's Crush remake :p

For anybody that doesn't already have them:

The classic pack, core pack and Marvel pack are all on sale this week for 400 points! Great deal!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone who is on the fence about getting the packs shouldn't be--they're phenomenal.

Can't wait for the next Marvel pack.

Picked up Core and Marvel Packs, already have the Classic (from the first PinballFX).

Question: there are tables for Captain America and FF on the marketplace. Will they be part of an second upcoming Marvel pack or should I buy the stand alone tables?

Gaspode_T

I hadn't ever heard of another Marvel pack, my assumption was there would be the one core pack and then additional tables to buy on top of that...is that confirmed by Zen Studios somewhere or is just an assumption?

Just another friendly reminder of how Pinball FX2 works:

If you're in it for achievements, some of them are almost impossible for beginners to get, but they are the 30 point ones. The 5 and 15 ones should be in range with enough practice.

Leaderboards are set up in a very creative way where it encourages you to add friends who play the game and it will show you weekly scores and highlight when you are beating their scores. So it's kind of more of a leaderboard based game at the end of the day.

There are lots of experts out there in this game and some pretty detailed guides, but for beginner your best friend is actually the Instruction Manual part of the table selection screen and then just playing through the table 100+ times to figure out how it really works.

I played a real pinball table the other day and I was shocked at how much better I did at it after playing lots of Pinball FX2. I was triggering modes like crazy and even got a bunch of free balls which I've probably never done before. It's kind of a matter of focus and having a 'plan' about where on the table you want to hit the ball too, kind of like hitting a baseball with a baseball bat it's totally possible to control the situation to some degree.

Picked up Core and Marvel Packs, already have the Classic (from the first PinballFX).

Question: there are tables for Captain America and FF on the marketplace. Will they be part of an second upcoming Marvel pack or should I buy the stand alone tables?

Captain America and Fantastic Four are only sold as stand alone tables so you can go ahead and buy those.

The second Marvel 4-pack is called "Vengeance and Virtue" and should be released in December some time. It will contain tables for Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, X-Men and one more table that they haven't said yet.

The next Marvel Pinball pack is 4 new tables. X-Men, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, and one other.

BFIB

I've become addicted. I tried to hold off buying some tables, because I'm a pinball nut, but I finally caved, and spent 3 hrs last night on the tables. So far, I bought the marvel pack, and one other pack (forgot the name).

Looking to add some friends to compete against, add me if you'd like!

gamertag: sebolavirus

See you on there!

Which of the single tables are the best? I've been playing the marvel and core pack nonstop for the past 2 days ago when I bought them. So much fun.

Marvel Vengenace and Virtue 4-pack release date announced as December 14th.
The tables are X-Men, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Thor.

They just released the final trailer today and it's for Thor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOm0QXACl5g

I personally prefer the original tables but I still like the Marvel themed ones very much so I'm all over this day one.

lush

I'm an amateur at this game after jumping into it last week during the Black Friday sales. I only have two friends with the game and I'd like to add a few more people to the leaderboard so add me.

Gamertag: Stereolab

addyb

Hi all. Recently had my first taster of Zen pinball on the 3DS and love it so im gonna pick it up on the 360 as well. Bit stumped as to what to go for besides the default marvel pack. Any recommendations? If its any help I love Excalibur so any similar to that?

Also feel free to add me as a friend. No one I know has the game so id like to have a friends leaderboard to give myself a challenge.

Gamertag is: addbo

:)

Hi all. Recently had my first taster of Zen pinball on the 3DS and love it so im gonna pick it up on the 360 as well. Bit stumped as to what to go for besides the default marvel pack. Any recommendations? If its any help I love Excalibur so any similar to that?

Also feel free to add me as a friend. No one I know has the game so id like to have a friends leaderboard to give myself a challenge.

Gamertag is: addbo

:)

Honestly get the Pinball FX2 Core Pack. It's the best value. I love Sorcerer's Lair table as well.

addyb

Honestly get the Pinball FX2 Core Pack. It's the best value. I love Sorcerer's Lair table as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I must admit im not raving about the marvel pack. I like Spiderman and blade, wolverine is ok but I find iron man hard work.

Definitely a noob at this game. Highest on Spiderman is about 30 mil but seem to do slightly better each go. Some monster scores on the leaderboard!!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I must admit im not raving about the marvel pack. I like Spiderman and blade, wolverine is ok but I find iron man hard work.

Definitely a noob at this game. Highest on Spiderman is about 30 mil but seem to do slightly better each go. Some monster scores on the leaderboard!!!!

Bought the Marvel Pack during the Black Friday sale and am focusing on the Iron Man table. That shit is nasty.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Out of the four new tables, I personally find Ghost Rider to be the weakest, actually. I really love the Moon Knight table, though.

Duallusion

For lack of a better word, all new tables look "cheap" to me (compared to Secrets of the Deep table, for instance). Even more so then the last Marvel pack. Jury's still out on how fun they'll be.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just took the 5th spot on the leaderboards for "Thor"--Usertag is Liegedog

I need more pinball friends, so please add me!

LOVING the new set of tables. Moon Knight has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters so I'm glad they made a table for him.

Top Bottom