• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixar’s Inside Out |OT| Quirks in Navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really liking what I'm reading and seeing so far, I'm excited.

Edit:
Also, I just have to mention that I really adore the sassy character acting on Jealously. It seems like she was getting a good amount of gif use in some E3 threads lol

UberTag

Early Metacritic score for Inside Out presently sits at 91.

Compare against...

Ratatouille - 96
Wall-E - 94
Toy Story - 92
Toy Story 3 - 92
Finding Nemo - 90
The Incredibles - 90
Toy Story 2 - 88
Up - 88

Monsters, Inc. - 78
A Bug's Life - 77
Cars - 73
Brave - 69
Monsters University - 65
Cars 2 - 57

Symphonic

Just got back. Easily up there with some of Pixar's best. There was maybe one or two blips that I didn't completely love, but aside from those it was just totally perfect. So well written and such big heart.

From a story/script standpoint, I feel it's Pixar's best. At least on par with The Incredibles.

Wanderer5

Had a great time, and it was indeed a wonderful movie. Very well written and a lot of fun.

11147155_10203314919993718_9059534766391653045_n.jpg

Seeing this tomorrow.

Haven't been this excited for a movie since Magnolia in '99, and just like back then I already know this will be my favorite movie of all time.

I liked Wall-E, but I really think it was hamfisted with the eco message elements and the fat people was too on-the-nose. And could have done without that ending.

Up had an amazing intro and ending, but was filled with forgettable fluff in the middle that left me cold. Felt like a formulaic Dreamworks filmed sandwiched between two rad Pixar parts.

For me Pixar's high watermark is easily Toy Story 2. That's what I'll be looking to see if this one can beat.

Where does Ratalouie sit for you? That's my personal Pixar High Watermark. At least for the next few hours.

Inside Out was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

There. That should help you hang on for another hour at least.

There's not a single time that phrase is used that i don't completely lose it. Omg, lol.

On topic, can't wait to feel the feels.. I'll probably be a mess in the cinema.

UberTag

On topic, can't wait to feel the feels.. I'll probably be a mess in the cinema.
It's odd. Not sure if it was the time of my screening (early morning) or the fact that I was in a theater full of kids (many of whom were clearly listless during the heavier moments) but I held back on the tears on this one.

The killer scene as far as feels go is easily when Joy breaks down in the abyss of forgotten memories and cries when she comes upon the realization of what drove Riley's hockey celebration.
She's Joy. She's not supposed to cry. She's ALWAYS happy. It's like seeing an adorable playful puppy that's always happy cry. It really hits you hard.

My girlfriend and I saw it last night at one of the early screenings. I thought it was good but I also thought it dragged at bits.
There were just too many, ohh and they're going to accomplish their task! ohh no they're not. I could have gone for seeing more of what was going on in other people's heads and less they're going to make it back to central OOPS no they're not.

My daughter is 2.5 years old and has never watched a movie. I'm wondering if on a really bad "terrible twos" day I should take her to see this. Would she be able to appreciate any of it?

Saw this today, and it certainly feels like a return to form.

I'll get this out of the way. My GOD is this movie beautiful when it wants to be. So many nice wide shots. The animation is sooooo good, but that's to be expected at this point. Even still, I was pleasantly taken aback by certain shots.

This movie also hit me in the gut. It's so emotionally charged (fittingly enough), and definitely left the heart aching more than once. But the part that stayed with me the most was at the emotional climax of the film, a little girl who sat two seats away to my right started to bawl her eyes out because of how genuinely invested she was in the story. Magic of cinema, right there.

So yeah, it's good. It's extremely funny, but then on a dime will not wait to sucker punch your heart. Beautiful, inventive, and charming, I'm glad to see Pixar return to form.

Only second to Fury Road for me this year.

Hamlet

Saw this today and loved it. Such a beautiful emotional film. The emotions were great and I particularly really loved Amy Poehler as Joy. She was fantastic in that role and I really loved how they animated her character.
Also quite liked the Lava short at the start.

UberTag

Early Metacritic score for Inside Out presently sits at 91.

Compare against...

Ratatouille - 96
Wall-E - 94
Toy Story - 92
Toy Story 3 - 92
Finding Nemo - 90
The Incredibles - 90
Toy Story 2 - 88
Up - 88
Inside Out has climbed up to a 94 Metacritic score.
70 out of 70 fresh reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.
IMDB user rating holding at 9.1.

Morue

Personally the scene that really got me was
Bing Bong sacrificing himself so that Joy can be saved. When he asked Joy to take Riley to the moon as he was slowly disappearing, the strong symbolism of her childhood being over... Man, that was heartbreaking T-T

Hamlet

Personally the scene that really got me was
Bing Bong sacrificing himself so that Joy can be saved. When he asked Joy to take Riley to the moon as he was slowly disappearing, the strong symbolism of her childhood being over... Man, that was heartbreaking T-T

Yeah that one got me a bit teary eyed and same with the scene just before that. Pretty much everything down in the memory dump was pretty emotional haha.

Mr. Sam

I write to you from the distant future in which Pixar's Inside Out has been released in the United Kingdom. Humankind has been enslaved by intelligent apes, all videogames (most of which now have ape protagonists) are freemium and funded by Kickstarter, and yeah, the movie's pretty good.

Ikael

I want this movie to become a Pixar return to form, so, so bad. It was damn near obvious that Disney animation syphooned Pixar's talent, much to the detriment of the latter. I want to see more movies like The Incredibles, Ratatuille and Toy Story 3, and less like Brave or Cars 2. I know that Pixar can do it, and this movie seems that it will proove it! :D

traveler

Not Wario
Have any of you guys that have seen advance screenings seen it in 3d? Debating if it's worth it or if I should just go with 2d.

I just watched it down here in Australia in 3d.

I mean 3D is alright but I didn't feel like it was needed.

The movie was on point and got me teary eyed in a few scenes. It wasn't as funny as I was expecting but that's fine. In short, really good movie.

If you haven't picked up the new issue of New York, both Inside Out pieces, a Unkridge piece and a formal review, will get you choked up before you even see a frame.

It's finally dropped to a 99%. 103 fresh, 1 rotten.

Vincent Mancini:
FilmDrunk

For all its clever touches, the personified emotions plot still feels like a story the school psychologist would've used to teach kids about their feelings. It feels simultaneously infantilized and aimed over kids' heads. C+

Full review: http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2015/06/inside-out-feels-like-it-was-designed-to-impress-adults-not-entertain-kids/

Loving the positive impressions from everyone here. Can't wait to see this.

Kindekuma

Banned
I watched the movie last night at an employee only screening at the theater I work at.

I ABSOLUTELY loved the movie. Fantastic start to finish.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm surprised Cineplex went with 2D on the bigger screens and kept 3D to the non reserved smaller screens. I can't remember the last time a theater around here gave the 2D showing the better and bigger screen. Not that I'm complaining as my nieces would rather not wear 3D glasses.

My wife and I have seen every Pixar movie since Finding Nemo in the theaters together. This will be our first Pixar movie we see with an actual child in tow (my almost 6 year old niece). My kid will be in the womb listening. Very excited.

My wife and I have seen every Pixar movie since Finding Nemo in the theaters together. This will be our first Pixar movie we see with an actual child in tow (my almost 6 year old niece). My kid will be in the womb listening. Very excited.
Your kid is... in the inside... soon to come... out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom