• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Shooter 2 |OT| - Can You Make It Past The Asteroid Belt?

Ellis Kim

Banned
kassatsu said:
That is your problem, he can't hang with the big boys :p
haha

He told me that I should take the abilities that 1) switch places, 2) changes water to lava, and 3) makes a tidal wave.

I blew all of those powers miserably early because the enemy used something that completely disoriented me and then I died :x

I was winning earlier when I just had simple powers like the gravity reverse, and a few other things...

Ellis Kim

Banned
kassatsu said:
Control Reverse is key. If you use it at the beginning you can really take advantage of players :)
Agh! This is probably what the guy did to me! I kept pushing up and I kept going down, and I was like what's going on! lol...

RustyO

ijed said:
We will playdate one day I promise!

MP sounds good though the couch co-op was super fun on the first one so looking forward to more of that.

Sounds good once I stop crying about the fact that it's not on the shop yet
wah wah

BeeDog

kassatsu said:
Not hard at all. Buy a weapon, get to Saturn league and win a bet are it I believe.

Thanks for the fast answer. What does the Saturn league thing mean? Does it happen automatically when you level up or...?

V_Ben

Banned
BeeDog said:
Thanks for the fast answer. What does the Saturn league thing mean? Does it happen automatically when you level up or...?

Think of each league as a level. Level up, get to a new planet league.

Barrett2

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
supposedly it's being moved to their "series 2" stuff. all of which will be in 3D now instead of 2D.... supposedly.

i'm fuzzy on the details and google fails me, but at one point they talked about how they are almost done with "series 1" games and they are about to unveil "series 2". they said that either one of, or some of, their projects were put on hold and moved back to series 2 because they were more suited to 2D. don't think they would confirm or deny Dungeons being said title that was moved.

then there's the whole PixelJunk Lifelike thing that they announced and never went into detail on. hopefully we'll hear something at GDC but i somehow doubt it.

EDIT:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21808
The thought of a 3D dungeons game from Q is awesome! Hopefully it happens.

Nice to see this is $10. Their games are so cheap you never have any buyers remorse.

duckroll

Man, first day sales for Pixeljunk Shooter 2 in Asia seem awful. There are about barely 160 people on the overall leaderboards (and I think a good 30-40 of those are probably reviewers or developers), and I've been unable to get a single online league battle going all day.

Hopefully US sales are way, way better. :p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
duckroll said:
Hopefully US sales are way, way better. :p
They always are. Still, I do think they misfired on art direction of this game for what most people would consider attention grabbing, and that sales will suffer for it. It's amazing the tech behind this game's gameplay, and it's even more amazing to how good use that tech was put, and yet many people won't even give it a look just because of the whole pastel vectors look that won't catch their attention in screenshots.

I love it though, reminds me of less harsh Another World style.

duckroll

Lord Error said:
They always are. Still, I do think they misfired on art direction of this game for what most people would consider attention grabbing, and that sales will suffer for it. It's amazing the tech behind this game's gameplay, and it's even more amazing to how good use that tech was put, and yet many people won't even give it a look just because of the whole pastel vectors look that won't catch their attention in screenshots.

Sorry, I don't mean that I hope US sales will be better than the Asian sales, but rather the sales trend. Shooter 2 is doing a lot worse than Shooter from what I recall. I hope that US sales for Shooter 2 are not a huge decrease from Shooter, but my feeling is that they kinda messed up with the reveal to release window. Too much time passed and a lot of the hype seems to have vanished.

jhawk6

Lord Error said:

I agree with you on the art style not grabbing attention but it is so uniquely Pixeljunk at the same time

kassatsu

Banned
IGN - 8.0

It's not the reason I would buy Pixeljunk Shooter 2 and I can't see myself playing it much, but it is a fun distraction that makes the entire package more attractive.

chufmoney - 4 battles in the mode that unlocks stuff.

I can't see you playing much of it either mang!

Vexidus

Birbo said:
So what time are new PSN games usually available?

I believe it updates around 6 pm eastern, at least that's what I read on another site. I'm going to keep an eye out for it so I can buy it hour 1!

Can't wait to dig in, GiantBomb's Quick Look got me super jacked up to play this!

KingGondo

Banned
I had no idea this was coming out today.

Nice, I will definitely download it when I get home. The first one is maybe my favorite PSN game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thinkgeek are selling Pixeljunk Shooter 2 t-shirts
e7d9_pixeljunk_ship.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/gaming/e7d9/

e7d7_pixeljunk_acid.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/gaming/e7d7/

Vexidus

This game is pretty awesome so far. I just spent an hour playing two of the starting levels, and had a blast! I really took my time to check out every nook and cranny, rescue every survivor, and gather every gem. I love that there's no time limit, except when you need to rush to rescue a dude before some terrible hazard takes him out!

If the first couple of levels are anything to go by, this will be quite the challenge to 100%, compared to the first game. There are a lot of long, unforgiving sections where you can get 1-hit killed fairly easily. I had a bunch of frustrating deaths while using the hungry suit, causing me to start lengthy sections all over again.

Regardless, I'm having a blast! If you liked the first game, definitely pick this up. If you haven't played the first game yet, what are you waiting for?

What a great series, now to get back to it!

Shurs

I'm 2/3 of the way through and the game has grown on me. I wasn't a big fan of Episode 4, partly due to the Hungry Suit but also because I didn't like the way the various elements interacted with one another. I liked Episode 5 a lot more. I actually enjoyed the second boss battle quite a bit even if I had to play through it a bunch of times before I got through it.

Episode 6 seems promising thus far.

duckroll

Another day of being unable to get into any league games at all. It's getting pretty frustrating. I managed to play a few matches in Friend mode with a buddy, but I simply cannot get a single league game going. It just stays on "Searching for opponent" for minutes without going anywhere. What's going on? :/

kassatsu

Banned
duckroll said:
Another day of being unable to get into any league games at all. It's getting pretty frustrating. I managed to play a few matches in Friend mode with a buddy, but I simply cannot get a single league game going. It just stays on "Searching for opponent" for minutes without going anywhere. What's going on? :/
Dunno I played a bunch today at peak US times

I've had that happen just once. The other 3 or 4 games went through within seconds of matchmaking. Odd that it keeps happening...

Oh wow. I had no idea this was releasing so soon. Will definitely be picking it up within the next week. I loved the hell out of the first.

duckroll

I guess I'll try not to worry about this too much and just finish the adventure mode. I'll probably try to get multiplayer going over the weekend. If I still have a problem finding games on the weekend, then something has to be up.

duckroll

I think it's pretty common that most people have no idea the game is out though. It's been very poorly marketed recently, and I think most of the hype and excitement that built up when they first announced it has completely vanished because of the long periods of silence. It's really too bad.

kassatsu

Banned
duckroll said:
I guess I'll try not to worry about this too much and just finish the adventure mode. I'll probably try to get multiplayer going over the weekend. If I still have a problem finding games on the weekend, then something has to be up.
European release should be in a few hours, it might pick up then.

I was playing at like 17:00 PST GMT-8

Nakiro

What's the Stat tracking like? Does it show win/losses? How many bets you won etc, what can you see when you look someone else up?

Top Bottom