• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Salacious Crumb

Does anyone know how to fix this?

k2pf6.jpg

Kamaki

I downloaded it from Steam and had no problems except that interface has "UI" written at the beginning of every word. Also I had impression that some stuff was missing from UI. It felt messy.

Yeah that's the issue I'm having, no idea what's going on and I feel like it's pretty much stopping me from playing.

Screens of the issue if anyone knows how to solve it.

Same issue as the guy above!

MrBig

If they don't get a fix out promptly I would get the SOE launcher for the game, copy the Steam PS2 files into the folder it creates when installed, and validate install. Or just download it again.

Salacious Crumb

Yeah that's the issue I'm having, no idea what's going on and I feel like it's pretty much stopping me from playing.

Screens of the issue if anyone knows how to solve it.

Same issue as the guy above!

I found an easy fix!

Just change the language in the launcher to something else, then change it back to English. the language option is on the bottom right corner of the launcher.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, queue is at 0 and its been there for 5 minutes and I am still not in the game.
Edit: jumped back up to 256, lol.

Owensboro

Signed up on Mattherson as a NC because of ROCKING GUITARS when you spawn and die. I played a lot of Beta but quit just before they introduced new planets. I'm excited to see what a full on population makes this game like :)

Liberty4all

Banned
Was just the four of us but we got into an absolutely humongous battle on Esamir. TR assaulting our base on the frontlines ... crazy epic, massive troops movements, armour, air, and finally hall to hall fighting ...

Cronox

Banned
Having played for a bit, Planetside 2 is really at its best when the server is near full. The queue thing sucks a bit. Biggest issue for me is, I got about $190 worth of Station Cash to spend, but every SC unlock is only for that character on that server. Which means if I end up on a different one (likely to avoid queue times) I have nothing that I've spent actual money on, even though I'm playing the same faction.

Hopefully they make SC unlocks account/faction wide if enough people complain. I'm afraid to spend anything right now since I don't know where I'll end up when server populations normalize.

Cronox

Banned
Is there a way to tell how full the servers are without launching the game? I'd like to know if I'll be wasting time setting in a que.

In the launcher, click the wrench icon in the lower left, and look at the server directory, it shows vaguely what servers are looking like. Along with some that aren't available to play on...

Whoops, my bad the for the DP.

Having played for a bit, Planetside 2 is really at its best when the server is near full. The queue thing sucks a bit. Biggest issue for me is, I got about $190 worth of Station Cash to spend, but every SC unlock is only for that character on that server. Which means if I end up on a different one (likely to avoid queue times) I have nothing that I've spent actual money on, even though I'm playing the same faction.

Hopefully they make SC unlocks account/faction wide if enough people complain. I'm afraid to spend anything right now since I don't know where I'll end up when server populations normalize.
I agree. I don't really want to spend my Station Cash on my character, especially since the server it's on seems to be the busiest and I've managed to play 5 minutes on it since launch.
In the launcher, click the wrench icon in the lower left, and look at the server directory, it shows vaguely what servers are looking like. Along with some that aren't available to play on...

Whoops, my bad the for the DP.

Thanks

Log4Girlz

Reminds me of the original. If there is no action around, it can get boring :(

Anyhoo, having a bit of fun though, had some good skirmishes. I hit like a gnat tho.

Owensboro

Welp, that's two crashes in two hours. I think I'm done for the night. Anyone on Mattheson - New Conglomerate in an outfit I could join?

Emitan

Yeah same here,are you on W8? but I really dont want to re download 7 GB...tell me if it fixes your problem...guess I will go lurk the official forums...

Yeah I'm on Windows 8. Just noticed the launcher has the ability to verify the files. Still not working.

MrBig

The only issue I've experienced with W8 is with dinput8.dll causing issues with 360 controllers when theyre plugged it. IDK if they ever fixed that. If not it will cause an instant CTD on load.

Emitan

The only issue I've experienced with W8 is with dinput8.dll causing issues with 360 controllers when theyre plugged it. IDK if they ever fixed that. If not it will cause an instant CTD on load.

360 controller is plugged in but it doesnt even get the chance to CTD. I click Play from the launch and then I get PlanetSide2.exe has stopped working.

Top Bottom