• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

SOE gave the PS2 API to PSU for testing before they make it public

Here's my stats, type in your name to see your own

The mobile app and the official stats site will be up soon I believe

Damn that last play session really blew out my deaths in my K/D ratio.. will have to fix that!

And I must have fallen deep into this game, because I got genuinely excited when I read 'Mobile App'!

Tacitus_

Fucking hell you die quick in this game. I really like playing Light Assault and assaulting from rooftops but if someone gets a drop on you you're dead before you can turn.

It seems the weapon stats in the store are completely inaccurate. After buying a weapon and trialing another I found out that the actual stats are shown on the weapon screen when you are customizing a class.

It's broken even there for sniper rifles, for example a semi-auto that shows more power and slower fire rate than a bolt action. Not to mention all the guns look identical lol.

I still love them though, they have slightly different sounds.

DTKT

It's broken even there for sniper rifles, for example a semi-auto that shows more power and slower fire rate than a bolt action. Not to mention all the guns look identical lol.

I still love them though, they have slightly different sounds.

Wait, they all look the same? It's only a difference in stats?

demidar

You sure it isn't the amount of certs you currently have?

My Character has only 64 certs but i've earned over a 100 at least.

Huh, maybe. I know I've bought 2 scopes at 30 certs each and some extra health equipment and I had maybe 90 certs leftover? I can't quite remember. Perhaps the database has missed some things.

Xavien

Huh, maybe. I know I've bought 2 scopes at 30 certs each and some extra health equipment and I had maybe 90 certs leftover? I can't quite remember. Perhaps the database has missed some things.

Looking again, yeah its a bit behind, has my last login down at 3 days ago. Must take a while to update.

So something is very wrong with Indar on miller.

indarmess1.jpg

INDARMESS2.jpg

INDARMESS3.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
had that bug on Amerish last night. Wondered if that's what C4/mines looked like, cause they were EVERYWHERE.

Jintor

Flying finally clicked with me. Now buzzing around mozzies like there's no tommorrow. Followed a scythe around for three minutes and eventually shot him down, and then crashed into a sunderer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
From what I've read about grips here and there, they're not really worth it.

Something I didn't learn until I poked around is that you can hold "Shift" while looking down your sight to "hold your breath" for a few seconds, eliminating the swaying. That, paired with a bolt action sniper rifle has really improved my sniping game.

Honestly, if this game wasn't so fun it'd be unacceptable that they released it without tutorials for all the sub systems.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It works even when shift is bound to sprint because you can't sprint and scope at the same time.

Sarcasm

Why is my gun so weak >.>.

I got the 10% health 1point cert..what else is to get?

I need to stop playing I am dying too much..especially to floating burning tanks.

demidar

Okay, playing on the Australian server, lots of debris and grenades aren't despawning. Gives a lot of cover and false nade readings. Anyone else getting this on other servers?

Okay, playing on the Australian server, lots of debris and grenades aren't despawning. Gives a lot of cover and false nade readings. Anyone else getting this on other servers?

Been at work all day (I play on the Aus server as well) but from the pics above.. I would say yes?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I suck at this game...

Extremely smooth 1080p everything High (not Ultra) here.

670GTX OC and i7 3770K that can auto throttle to 4.2GHz if pissed off, with 16GBs of Ram. On HDD, not SDD. Very smooth, no complaints...

Except I suck. Bad. Real bad.

demidar

I just saw this guy on a livestream do some kind of orbital drop with 20 or so other guys. This game looks pretty fun.

The best feeling is when you're on the frontlines and you see 20 guys laying down suppressing so another 15 could go around a hill and flank but then a tank comes in forcing a retreat until 3 aircraft whiz in and obliterate it and then a friendly tank column comes in to push into the base while the enemy is sending rocket salvos to halt the advance. So good.

Sarcasm

For friends: http://goo.gl/1QPfu

Weapons really depend on your playstyle, there's not really any OP must have weapons beyond the Heavy Assault special faction weapons (MCG, Lasher,...). Battle Rifles are nice if you want something that's not a bullet hose.

I was looking look like I am limited to LMGs pistols and rockets...hummm.

Also I am on that list and the other two on that list are each both different factions. Don't think everybody is on that list. So three of us, each on a separate faction lol.

Killer

Banned
Man. Last night we did about 40 tanks 6 aircrafts raid on Vanu bases. Most epic multiplayer battles I've ever seen. Puts BF3 to shame.

Top Bottom