• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

MrBig

Trial? I didn't know you could do that. I really just want a gun with a scope that isn't a sniper, does that exist?

You can cert into scopes (30 cert points) for any weapon. Select the weapon in your loadout and select "go to certs", then go back to the weapon in your loadout and equip in it in the attachments section

To trial weapons go through the steps you would to purchase it via SC/Certs and the option to trial is at the bottom in blue

Trials last 30 minutes. You can trial a weapon every 8 hours (30 day cooldown for each weapon though).

Cipherr

In that time I saw battles that progressed over land, into towers, base walls/yards, into the bases themselves with different floors and rooms with capture objectives, and so on.

This was amazingly done in early PS1, fighting from a lone tower attacking a huge well defended base with the forces clashing in the large fields between the two, until you eventually fought them back to the walls of their base, and then into the side doors and downstairs to the basement floor. Slowly fighting and killing your way to the top floors.

anyone else getting GAME ERROR G37. Crashes to desktop when I try loading the game. Worked 10 minutes ago before they kicked me from Matherson

Ketch

Looks like their forums are down too... they said it was gonna be a quick restart, but maybe they're having some issues.

Could be the game is more popular then they originally planned for.

Myomoto

Looks like their forums are down too... they said it was gonna be a quick restart, but maybe they're having some issues.

Could be the game is more popular then they originally planned for.

They've put up 3 more servers in the EU since launch, and those are fairly well populated.

Phew, finally got back home from Thanksgiving traveling, sad I missed the launch of PS2, I've been playing for quite a while in the beta. Can someone send me an outfit invite on Vanu Mattherson?

Character name: Razgriz417

Mrg8523-

Played for about an hour today. Had no idea what was going on. Ended up following a big group and helping them take over places. That was pretty fun. After that I tried the sniper class and did horrible. I did very little damage when I hit anybody. To make things worse, they would pretty much discover me after the first shot and kill me in 1 shot from a long distance. Engineers and Medics were out-sniping the sniper.

demolitio

So do we have an outfit on Matherson for the TR? I need to roll with some people like I did last night with "The Wolverines" outfit. An armor column of 30 tanks and APC's attacking the same base is fun.

MrBig

So do we have an outfit on Matherson for the TR? I need to roll with some people like I did last night with "The Wolverines" outfit. An armor column of 30 tanks and APC's attacking the same base is fun.

You're welcome to create one, there's 16 TR gaffers on that server

mr_nothin

Banned

I never see you online! Did you even accept my request yet?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The team killing in this game is beautiful. Some douche is flying a galaxy and locking the vehicle so people fall to their death. lol

So I've tried the lasher now... I'm a fan. The splash damage makes it worthwhile, and I'm certain it blinds people in a heads up shoot out. Better than the MCG? Too hard to tell, but both are better than the jackhammer.

Izayoi

Banned
Played for about an hour today. Had no idea what was going on. Ended up following a big group and helping them take over places. That was pretty fun. After that I tried the sniper class and did horrible. I did very little damage when I hit anybody. To make things worse, they would pretty much discover me after the first shot and kill me in 1 shot from a long distance. Engineers and Medics were out-sniping the sniper.
All about those head shots, son!

Liberty4all

Banned
Ultron87 VS on Mattherson. I'd most appreciate it if someone could toss me an outfit invite.

Please add me or an officer as a friend (I'll get the friend request when I log on). We can't send outfit invites unless you are logged on at the same time as me/officer inviting you. If we are friends though at least you'll be notified when we log on.

Liberty4all

Banned
So I've tried the lasher now... I'm a fan. The splash damage makes it worthwhile, and I'm certain it blinds people in a heads up shoot out. Better than the MCG? Too hard to tell, but both are better than the jackhammer.

The lasher is sick. The clip on it is ridiculous ... At 75 bullets the lasher is hands down one of the best suppressive fire weapons in the game. At I'd range down a corridor in doors is where it really shines, especially if you get a big group of enemies clumped up.

I really like the upgraded pulsar too (forget the name now - pulsar LMG or. Something like that). Feels like double the rate of fire

Liberty4all

Banned
Yeah, being in a squad/platoon that moves around and in a wave, captures the small bases to cut off the advances of the opponents is good fun. A different kind of fun from what I call "The Crown Syndrome"

Which is: Head to the Crown and proceed to die repeatedly for as long as I feel like it.

But it is a good place to see a prolonged battle.

I prefer small squad action. The thing is success usually attracts company ... Vanu GAF on Matterson has started fights ourselves only to end up with our "small" fight grow into an epic factional confrontation.

Flanking is a wonderful strategy.
5XAPR.jpg

I'm very disappointed by PlanetSide 2. I was hoping it'd be my go-to FPS for the next few months.

I just finished writing my review and it'll be live tomorrow morning.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You guys should come to the crown so I can shoot you.

MrBig

I'm very disappointed by PlanetSide 2. I was hoping it'd be my go-to FPS for the next few months.

It's certainly not for everyone, but it has the potential the become the next huge thing in gaming for the next few years with more dev and player investment in it. I know you were having some technical issues with your connection to the server so I'm sure that couldn't have helped, but that is not at all the normal experience.

You guys should come to the crown so I can shoot you.

I did a few passes on the crown with lonestar in a lib just now
on my laptop at sub 20 fps :(

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Sucks you had a terrible first impression. You're on a server with a lot of issues, from what I've read on the official forums.

Haly

I would say Engineer or Infiltrator, since the latter can hack terminals to change class as needed, which can be extremely useful when you're running with a small strike force.

sixghost

What's an engy's typical job during attack and defense? Do they still get fight, or are they more focused on repairing/building stuff?

Haly

What's an engy's typical job during attack and defense? Do they still get fight, or are they more focused on repairing/building stuff?
On the frontlines, an engi can help retain momentum by dropping ammo crates and manning a turret to guard choke points. But generally speaking they're better when focusing on repairing and stuff. Leave the pushing to the LA, HA and Medics.

Haly

Maybe I'm just awful but vehicles camping spawn points feels pretty lame.
Being on defense sucks 90% of the time.

The other 10% is when two factions are trying to fight over your base and they kind of cancel each other out.

spk

Ugh the infantry combat in this game is so clunky it really hurts the game. Movement and stance transitions are too slow and there's too big a delay between weapon switching and ADS. I've lost count of how many times I've been running and died because I couldnt ADS or switch back from my kit to my main weapon fast enough. Just tapping backwards and forwards quickly you can see the delay as your character is still moving forward when your fingers hit the back key. If it's client side it sure feels like I'm playing a shooter with 150 ping from 10 years ago. It less fluid than pretty much every popular shooter out there, low framerate and weird culling doesn't help. Infiltrator is frustrating enough as it is.

Top Bottom