• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

An FYI to people, Double EXP effects all EXP gains EXCEPT BASE CAPTURES. You'll still get your membership added EXP plus any boosts, but you won't get double for a base cap.

This game needs xbox 360 controller support.

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?27340-Request-PlanetSide-2

I hope Pinnacle makes a profile.. ask here^^

just recently posted, it is a wip very simple layout.

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?27357-PlanetSide-2

404917646.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Think it's just better to rack up kills. Been mainly playing HA today just to get as many kills as possible. Your certs go wayyyy up!

You can kill people as Engy, while people soak up your Ammo, and in down time, heal a turret. XP Bonaza!

You can kill people as Engy, while people soak up your Ammo, and in down time, heal a turret. XP Bonaza!

even at 1 cert per kill, that still means a 1000 kills for something decent, like the lock-on rocket launcher or those rocket pods.

So I have decided I am not going to go forward with filling bars (I hate the F2P model for this reason) and play something else.

272909002.gif

Noaloha

I've been ignoring certs for the last half week or so. I have 506 sitting there currently and no plans for them. I'm just trying to enjoy it as a world in which I can fuck about in, try to make a difference, support others' attempts to make a difference. I'm not trying to 'level up' my soldier -- I'm just roleplaying being a grunt in a messed-up mass of munitions. For the cost of zero monies, the game does a pretty good job.

You know, going back and playing BF3 after playing this for a week was a breath of fresh air. I really want to love this game, but they need to fix the frame rate issue and also the pop-in. It's frustrating to have your skill taken away from you due to weird technical issues.

I don't remember PS1 having these kinds of issues, and that is now almost 10 years old.

You know, going back and playing BF3 after playing this for a week was a breath of fresh air. I really want to love this game, but they need to fix the frame rate issue and also the pop-in. It's frustrating to have your skill taken away from you due to weird technical issues.

I don't remember PS1 having these kinds of issues, and that is now almost 10 years old.

In PS2's defense, PS1 (which you rightly mention is 10 years ago) looks like it rendered on a toaster. The fact the game looks so amazing means there are more issues caused by the fact it's doing more.

vazel

Banned

Yup, they need to make it so the engine isn't so CPU limited. I can't take the horrible framerate anymore. I'm uninstalling until I can upgrade my PC in 1-2 years.

I want to play so badly and get double XP, but my mobo bricked yesterday when I flashed my BIOS. Out of commission for 1.5-2 weeks. I don't think I can make it.

In PS2's defense, PS1 (which you rightly mention is 10 years ago) looks like it rendered on a toaster. The fact the game looks so amazing means there are more issues caused by the fact it's doing more.

I'd be happy if they found some kind of balance . . . I'm not really a graphics guy, I value good gameplay over it. This is just sometimes unbearable.

lolmoose

Neo Member
anybody else having trouble playing right now? It connects to me a server (i've tried multiple servers) and then kicks me out after a couple minutes of running around. I can't log into the computers to spawn vehicles, or chat but I can see other players and shoot. Weird.

Soi-Fong

anybody else having trouble playing right now? It connects to me a server (i've tried multiple servers) and then kicks me out after a couple minutes of running around. I can't log into the computers to spawn vehicles, or chat but I can see other players and shoot. Weird.

I couldn't transfer to Amerish or Indar from Esemir a while ago.

Great, now the fucking hackers are here.

There was this guy ilovesherri blatantly using an autoaim hack. Of course, he did the hacker thing of disguising his name so he couldn't be reported.

I'm done for a bit.

demolitio

That was the biggest offensive I've ever seen at once. Holy shit.

There had to be over 100 vehicles and like 30+ aircraft all in one base.

demolitio

Damn.. I missed something big didn't I.. Fuck..

Continent and area?

Mattherson TR went up the east flank and just steamrolled a bunch of bases while Vanu captures a bunch on the west at the same time. TR doesn't know how to do things to scale, they go big or go home. It's all offensive and no defense and it's pointless being the only guy at a base to defend against a whole platoon, lol.

A lot of pushes against the NC right now and it's beautiful. The double XP has the servers packed and all the noobs just follow the crowd so it's not necessarily the best night for strategy, but it's a good night to have your mind blown in a video game. To think we've come so far to have that many vehicles in one place at one time.

Soi-Fong

Mattherson TR went up the east flank and just steamrolled a bunch of bases while Vanu captures a bunch on the west at the same time. TR doesn't know how to do things to scale, they go big or go home. It's all offensive and no defense and it's pointless being the only guy at a base to defend against a whole platoon, lol.

A lot of pushes against the NC right now and it's beautiful. The double XP has the servers packed and all the noobs just follow the crowd so it's not necessarily the best night for strategy, but it's a good night to have your mind blown in a video game. To think we've come so far to have that many vehicles in one place at one time.

Will definitely be more tomorrow since it'll be the weekend.

demolitio

Will definitely be more tomorrow since it'll be the weekend.

Yup. Right now it's a huge battle for Zurvan against the NC and it's been going on for hours while Vanu takes everything else away. It's amazing what a lack of clear objectives can do to a mob...lol. It's like at certain times, all 3 factions have their peak amount of idiots which is where they steamroll one continent and lose everything else and then the good people get on and try to recover from it. It happens at all different times and usually TR is king of the 4AM blitzkrieg.

Edit: Finally, Zurvan is ours!

Shai-Tan

Banned
I was playing earlier (Vanu) and you would think with thousands of people on that someone would show up to defend areas yet I literally just stood around for 20 minutes or whatever by myself or with one other person taking different areas. I do that kind of back capping in every flag based game so it's not that surprising but you would think people would be looking at the map to see which zones are being captured... or worse, they are, and are too lazy to come out to defend when there isn't a close by spawn point.

Liberty4all

Banned
With it being double xp weekend it pays far better to Zerg especially when on d (for bonus d xp) ... I was getting like 350 a kill tonight and in the Zerg kills are a plenty.

demolitio

I was playing earlier (Vanu) and you would think with thousands of people on that someone would show up to defend areas yet I literally just stood around for 20 minutes or whatever by myself or with one other person taking different areas. I do that kind of back capping in every flag based game so it's not that surprising but you would think people would be looking at the map to see which zones are being captured... or worse, they are, and are too lazy to come out to defend when there isn't a close by spawn point.

I think they need to add a bonus to defending a base so it encourages you to stay back sometimes too, so a defend bonus for any kill in your territory, a bonus for every so many minutes spent in a base that's adjacent to an enemy base or something, or something of that nature. Then you'd probably have a lot of idle people but I just kind of threw that one out there, lol.

I just think they need to make sure people know defending is viable to. I understand people are going to gravitate toward big battles but there has to be some incentive to defend. Obviously this weekend will be all about the big battles, but I'm more looking past this week.

Soi-Fong

Vanu just kicked ass on Crossroads Tower in Indar. Held back a huge NC offensive with numerous tanks, infantry and air!!! Amazing!!!!!!

kitch9

Banned
even at 1 cert per kill, that still means a 1000 kills for something decent, like the lock-on rocket launcher or those rocket pods.

So I have decided I am not going to go forward with filling bars (I hate the F2P model for this reason) and play something else.

272909002.gif

They are hoping you pay some money for shit you want, they aren't making it free for the good of their fucking health..

Soi-Fong

So much god damn exp. I was doing nothing but repairing and dropping ammo packs for MAXs for like 40 minutes.

Haha I was either sniping or just on the ground as an HA harassing tanks and infantry.

I remember you we're the one healing me and giving me ammo. I was camping on the right side of their spawn so the Max wouldn't give us trouble.

Jhriad

That's because you're on the same server as The Enclave. What'd you expect?

MrBig

Damn, global cheater warnings. Must be pretty bad.

This and all the other super zerg crap is why I'm kind of glad I'm missing at least the first month of launch.

Throughout the beta I never ran into a single guy who was terrible enough at the game to resort to cheating and wasting everyone's time with their petty shit.

J-Rzez

Damn, global cheater warnings. Must be pretty bad.

People asked what that message was about and I told them I didn't see it and only those suspected of cheating get that message and people were freaking out. :)

There are a few aimbotters on Mattheson, but a TON of speed hackers, mainly Vanus. I only reported a handful of NC thus far, a few TR, but I can't keep up with the Vanu hackers during prime time.

MrBig

Actually Smed just tweeted that they're just now getting Game Masters up for their servers, so that may have been what the broadcast was referring to. Why didn't they have multiple GMs on 24/7 for all servers since launch day?

Reminder to "/report <playername>" in the chat to have a GM review a player. You will also be able to PM GMs to have a conversation somehow.

Top Bottom