• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Liberty4all

Banned
well I did set up a raidcall server for us being as its free. so, ppl can use that if they wish. it works and sounds good.. and did i mention its free? lol

I really appreciated what you did with the forums and raidcall Anton. The real issue is that the outfit has maybe 15 - 20 GAF folks and another 30 or so random that were invited to ensure there are always at least a few outfit folks to play with. At any one time there are maybe 8 of us online, 3 to 4 which are GAFers.

its hard to compete with dedicated outfits like azure twilight that have hundreds of members and are planetside dedicated clans.

going back to the voice issue, we still are recruiting ... If we use dedicated voice possible new members miss out on what's happening over VoIP.

I still think a big part of the answer is dedicated squad leaders that step up and get outfit members into a squad ... I do this when I log on ... Nine times out of ten there will be 7 - 8 outfit members on ALL in separate squads ... We have to start rolling together but that means core GAFers taking the reigns, get the SL certs (squad beacon at least) and push outfit members together into squads ...

edit: we are recognized though. I've had multiple people from other outfits ask who we are, thank us for our help etc ... Usually when we link up in a platoon.

mr_nothin

Banned
This is what I've seen in how a lot of people play and complain about, but it's also conditioning, people expect some sort of reward for doing things so that's what the zerg works for.

I never really cared about XP/rank in any game and it's no different with Planetside. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and it didn't depend on how many certs I earned and dumped into upgrades.

A possible method for focusing the zerg: do not directly reward attackers in a territory XP for kills, instead make kills and objective destruction affect a modifier that multiplies the base capture XP reward, up to a max of some amount, say 10k for a facility, 5k for towers, and 2.5k for outposts. Then for defenders make kills have a base XP bonus of 10 and then a modifier to multiply that depending on the size of the attacking force relative to the defenders, up to a max of 100XP, and give big rewards for repairing gens.

Yea, the rewards for doing objectives is way too small in comparison to just killing. Things like repairing & stabilizing take up too much time and are too risky for the amount of XP it gives you. Why the hell would I want to risk being so vulnerable and dying for 30-100 XP? So people would rather kill than do important things that helps you attack/defend more efficiently.

The game is still too XP/Cert focused for personal gain. Once people max out in what they want, they will look for more. They'll want something to use those certs for rather than just getting more certs. We need the linear continent progression ASAP (yes, even with 3 continents). It'll fix way more problems than it will create. I've also never been a huge XP buff or anything like that. I play the games with core gameplay that caters to how I like to play games.

We also need more hierarchy too. REAL hierarchy....where commanders dish out orders and everybody is rewarded mutually. People wont do shit unless there's XP involved...the sooner devs understand this, the better. People play games for points now so we pretty much have to reinforce every important action with XP, sadly. We need to have objectives will big XP bonuses so players will be fighting over who gets to it 1st.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Good post on Reddit on how the game revolves around cert-gain instead of territory/continent control.

I don't think it makes Planetside bad, I just think that the territory control is somewhat meaningless in it's current state. I've seen people camping Biolabs so many times that it's kind of sad.
Certs or no, I think that's a problem in every objective based shooter, because playing the objectives is more abstract than playing it like DM. And oftentimes less immediately engaging.

DTKT

Certs or no, I think that's a problem in every objective based shooter, because playing the objectives is more abstract than playing it like DM. And oftentimes less immediately engaging.

But there are ways to make objectives a valid target instead of relying on cert farming through straight up kills. Territory is essentially meaningless when you could have a delimited front line where everyone is killing each other. You'd probably make more cert/hour by fighting at the Crown instead of roaming the map and capping points.

In it's current shape, territory is worth very little versus straight up battle. Controlling an entire continent is just irrelevant.

mr_nothin

Banned
The continental bonus should be something like 10% XP boost, 10% reduction cost of infantry weapons, and 10% reduction in cost of vehicle weapons.
Something substantial that will make players want all of them equally. Not this resource reduction crap that doesnt matter at all because there's only 3 continents.

Liberty4all

Banned
To be fair the game is still very much beta in terms of metagame.

Eventually there will be a continental lattice. Each faction will have a home continent where their sanctuary is based and will only have access to other continents by having access to a warpgate that links to an enemy continent.

mr_nothin

Banned

Eventually there will be a continental lattice. Each faction will have a home continent where their sanctuary is based and will only have access to other continents by having access to a warpgate that links to an enemy continent.

Yea, I know. We just need it now instead of 3-12 months from now.

MrBig

This article puts the state of PS2 rather well.

These quotes in particular
The whole idea of Planetside 2 has always been to release a Battlefield 3 on crack and then turn it into a Planetside 1 on steroids over time.

You develop and release a rather basic game (you should probably compare this release with Minecraft alpha), that is attractive enough to a wide amount of players to keep the studio staffed. From there on, you become the pusher man by creating and improving features/content that keep your players interested and make them even more addicted to the game. Best way to do it? Let them decide. And if you do this well enough? Voilá , you've just created an endless running, money making, machine.

I'm willing to try and get things rolling, but I'm bad and will likely get people killed, Sunderers stranded, and Galaxies smushed on the sides of hills. Right now I only have the first spawn beacon level, any other certs I should look into immediately if I want to lead (I do have Sunderer AMS)?

As for the zerg and cert chasing, I'm not sure what they could do, with certs being tied to the shiny loot. One thing I'd like to see is more rewards for defending, and possibly more ways to push attackers out and keep them out. Spending resources on static/NPC defense, for example. Also, I was thinking it might be good to offer bonuses for holding a territory continuously for an extended time. That said, even the zerg can be fun when two big groups meet. I'm still only rank 10 but I lose track of time playing this more than any game in a long time, will definitely be playing more.

Having a souped up S-AMS will save you a lot of trouble down the road. Blockade armor, ammo, mortars and darkvision can all give a standard squad a significant power boost. As long as you carry the majority of your squad in it, you're setting yourself up for good things.

As for sq. leader certs, all of them will be of benefit to you. The colored flares are a good way to guide your squad, and also any zerg troops in the area. People flock to the flares when they don't have clear objectives. Faster spawn times for squad beacon is handy. Global icons for attack and defense are neat, but I haven't used them. I used squad leader chat a couple times in beta and it was hit or miss. Most of the time you hear other sq. leaders asking for help, but no one is out giving help.

Hope that helps.

Tzeentch

Played for the last two days messing around. Game looks decent, ok draw distance, amazingly good hit detection even in pretty big battles, bigger battles are really cool when you are not dieing in two seconds from random tank shots and snipers. Absolutely terrible new player introduction (I dropped in and was killed two seconds later) with no explanation of anything or even how the controls work. The aircraft control like junk - which I can only imagine is intentional since they can be pretty ridiculously overpowering against infantry (a group of us got farmed at an outpost by swarms of aircraft until we left - and they never even bothered to secure it after that). HUGE swaths of the game world are completely empty.

Overall: Game is too much like actually being in the military (former Marine here). A LOT of sitting around waiting for clocks to tick down with nothing to do.

MrBig

Care to elaborate? Makes sense to me.

I'm not sure of what spk's position is, but it is easy to assume that PS2 will remain static and just give simple iterations on the current experience if you're not deeply following or conversing with any of the devs from SOE. I'm not particularly concerned with jumping in to PS2 with how it currently is but I'm extremely passionate for where it's headed.

mr_nothin

Banned
It reads like SOE apologia from a fan that's crossing their fingers for a game they desperately want PS2 to become.

Well they've already stated as such. They've already said that they have things in the works that will make PS1 vets very happy down the road...hell, I even remember them saying the game will become more PS1-like when it comes to strategy and the importance of resource & territory. They've already explained that the real meta game will really come into play when more continents arrive. They've been saying things like "will be more PS1-like". If you were in the beta and you watched the streams, dev meetings, all the interviews, AMA's, and other things...then you pretty much know that what that article says is true.

The only thing they are genuinely happy about at this point in time is the gunplay and improvements will still be made with that. The meta-game is nowhere near where it's supposed to be atm.

I started playing this game last week and I have maybe 6-7 hours of playtime in. I am phenomenally bad at it. I have like 70 kills and 300 deaths. Some terrible ratio like that. I haven't played any FPS games in well over five years. The closest I get were third person shooters, and basically no multiplayer in those.

I think I have a grand total of 200 cert points accumulated, if that. I just spent them somewhat randomly since I have no idea what weapons/items are better, etc. I am hoping that I just need time to get my FPS reflexes back or something. I am sure it would help to be in a squad as well.

spk

I'm not sure of what spk's position is, but it is easy to assume that PS2 will remain static and just give simple iterations on the current experience if you're not deeply following or conversing with any of the devs from SOE. I'm not particularly concerned with jumping in to PS2 with how it currently is but I'm extremely passionate for where it's headed.

Could you share what you think we should expect from SOE then? Because nothing I've played, read, or heard says to me that will be the case. I'll gladly change my mind if the 6 month outlook in January reveals major improvements/additions.

Well they've already stated as such. They've already said that they have things in the works that will make PS1 vets very happy down the road...hell, I even remember them saying the game will become more PS1-like when it comes to strategy and the importance of resource & territory. They've already explained that the real meta game will really come into play when more continents arrive. They've been saying things like "will be more PS1-like". If you were in the beta and you watched the streams, dev meetings, all the interviews, AMA's, and other things...then you pretty much know that what that article says is true.

The only thing they are genuinely happy about at this point in time is the gunplay and improvements will still be made with that. The meta-game is nowhere near where it's supposed to be atm.

I was in beta and there are plenty of people who feel the same way I do judging by their forums and players in game. What are these things they plan on doing? The game is a lot more basic than people are saying, imo, and it needs fundamental changes to not just the world design but the f2p model and 'metagame' elements as well.

MrBig

Could you share what you think we should expect from SOE then? Because nothing I've played, read, or heard says to me that will be the case. I'll gladly change my mind if the 6 month outlook in January reveals major improvements/additions.

There were so many conversations in so many mediums that trying to source anything would be pointless. Best to wait for the official plans, as you mentioned.

spk

There were so many conversations in so many mediums that trying to source anything would be pointless. Best to wait for the official plans, as you mentioned.
Really dude you just said

"if you're not deeply following or conversing with any of the devs from SOE. I'm not particularly concerned with jumping in to PS2 with how it currently is but I'm extremely passionate for where it's headed."

and you can't even give a single example? I'm not asking for a detailed list here, just something to give me a general idea of their plan that isn't "good stuff ahead guys, SOE said." If they're listening to twitter and forums feedback they could at least comment on the multiple dozen page threads with people discussing the game. Aside from the AA patch details all I'm seeing is vague responses and non answers from them tbh.

mr_nothin

Banned
Really dude you just said

"if you're not deeply following or conversing with any of the devs from SOE. I'm not particularly concerned with jumping in to PS2 with how it currently is but I'm extremely passionate for where it's headed."

and you can't even give a single example? I'm not asking for a detailed list here, just something to give me a general idea of their plan that isn't "good stuff ahead guys, SOE said." If they're listening to twitter and forums feedback they could at least comment on the multiple dozen page threads with people discussing the game. Aside from the AA patch details all I'm seeing is vague responses and non answers from them tbh.

What he said is true though. There are too many different sources to narrow down exactly where we heard these things. There were dozens of forum & twitter posts alone. Then you have all of the different streams...from the official ones to the HimVsHer, PSU (Hamma), FPS General, and at least 4 other streams where they had multiple interviews with Higby, TRay, & Maggy. Not to mention that all of the old beta forum posts have been deleted.

I was in beta and there are plenty of people who feel the same way I do judging by their forums and players in game. What are these things they plan on doing? The game is a lot more basic than people are saying, imo, and it needs fundamental changes to not just the world design but the f2p model and 'metagame' elements as well.
I'm one of the people who feels the same, we need more metagame and there are plenty of changes to be made. What calms me down is knowing that all of this will be addressed going forward.
Also, they will be outlining their plans for the next 6 months sometime in January so we can all give feedback on the direction they want to take the game. If ppl really dont like a certain thing then they will reconsider and adjust accordingly. That's how it's been working for the past few months. They dont really lay out their plans to someone that asks them, they give vague answers until they make a huge forum post about it.

MrBig

If you want to know what I'm personally the most interested in, it's the expansion of Outfit rolls. Right now they're just kind of conglomerations that have a more organized approach than the general zerg, but the idea is to make them into powerful property owning entities like in Eve, obtaining power by mining resources, disrupting the mining operations of rival outfits, and constructing massive facilities with said resources

They're constantly engaging in meaningful conversations with people, but the official forums are a cesspool just like any other game and that's not the place to look for anything meaningful.

mr_nothin

Banned
If you want to know what I'm personally the most interested in, it's the expansion of Outfit rolls. Right now they're just kind of conglomerations that have a more organized approach than the general zerg, but the idea is to make them into powerful property owning entities like in Eve, obtaining power by mining resources, disrupting the mining operations of rival outfits, and constructing massive facilities with said resources

They're constantly engaging in meaningful conversations with people, but the official forums are a cesspool just like any other game and that's not the place to look for anything meaningful.
Outfits will become more like mini-factions where you'll pretty much have to choose which outfit you want to join, or start your own. I cannot wait for the RTS elements to come into play.

spk

I want the game to be great too, I guess I just don't share the same level of optimism given what I've played. I can see the fun I'm having now getting old before long and I wonder if they'll be able to make big changes before people start losing interest. They could help fight that by consolidating servers to keep things from becoming a ghost town during non peak hours, 8 per region is a bit much :/, especially with supposed new continents coming. Right now it seems like populations just shift to whichever continent they have the most chance of winning and resource bonuses aren't even considered at all (because they mean nothing).

Also, spreading information across various twitters, forums, streams and websites without having a single source for players to go to is kind of a pain. I'm not going to sift through a 3hr stream or a 1hr weekend video for a few bits of information that amounts to "we're considering ___" and "more stuff soon, we promise!". I'm really curious to see what January brings.

MrBig

I want the game to be great too, I guess I just don't share the same level of optimism given what I've played. I can see the fun I'm having now getting old before long and I wonder if they'll be able to make big changes before people start losing interest. They could help fight that by consolidating servers to keep things from becoming a ghost town during non peak hours, 8 per region is a bit much :/, especially with supposed new continents coming. Right now it seems like populations just shift to whichever continent they have the most chance of winning and resource bonuses aren't even considered at all (because they mean nothing).

Also, spreading information across various twitters, forums, streams and websites without having a single source for players to go to is kind of a pain. I'm not going to sift through a 3hr stream or a 1hr weekend video for a few bits of information that amounts to "we're considering ___" and "more stuff soon, we promise!". I'm really curious to see what January brings.

Indeed it is a pain to keep up if you're not passionate about it. If that's the case the best course of action would be to sit back and see what actually happens and judge it then. It would be more productive, though, to be involved with the actual evolution of the game and debate on what should happen.

/r/planetside is where you want to go if you want to find all the info about the game, most all new info is posted there regardless of the source and devs commonly join in on discussions

demolitio

I just want them to seriously embrace objective and teamwork gameplay more which will obviously naturally come with some of the changes to the overall game and continents, but there's a few things they could do right now to help encourage more objective play instead of selfish play.

I think I'll be pleased with where this game is a year from now, it's just the wait that's hard to manage. The thing is, people have to remember that these devs have some serious plans for this game and to me, this was an early launch more than anything else. Whether it's the 6 month plan, the 3 year plan, or their broad ideas even after that considering they want this game to be played in 2025 (lol), I think it's clear that it's way too early to write the game off. So those of you who are giving up right now, don't overlook this game completely in the future.

On another note, how big is the range on the nanite revive grenade? 400 certs is a lot and it'd bankrupt me currently but I was hoping it'd recoup certs quickly in some of the big battles where there's 10 dead guys all in a pile next to a Sunderer, lol. Is it worth the unlock? Has it made you a lot of certs? Are you truly happy in life? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Answer them ALL!

mr_nothin

Banned

The bolded is what pisses me off more than anything. I keep saying this but we need linear continent progression RIGHT NOW because what we have now is worse than what they feared would happen if they put linear progression in with 3 continents. All that shifting would go away instantly if linear progression was in because they wouldnt have access to those continents if their faction doesnt own the warpgate. That's the change that I'm anticipating the most right now. Too bad they decided against it at the last minute :(
We're supposed to have it right now.

On another note, how big is the range on the nanite revive grenade? 400 certs is a lot and it'd bankrupt me currently but I was hoping it'd recoup certs quickly in some of the big battles where there's 10 dead guys all in a pile next to a Sunderer, lol. Is it worth the unlock? Has it made you a lot of certs? Are you truly happy in life? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Answer them ALL!
The revive grenade during the double xp weekend was Godly! 150XP spammed across my screen from the continuously dying teammates. When I saw a grenade I got excited because i knew I would get 10+ revives with 1 revive grenade. The revive grenades are worth it for Tech Plant/Biolab/Amp Station fights. Pair it with the grenade bend. and you can carry up to 3 at a time :D

Flunkie

Banned
I started playing this game last week and I have maybe 6-7 hours of playtime in. I am phenomenally bad at it. I have like 70 kills and 300 deaths. Some terrible ratio like that. I haven't played any FPS games in well over five years. The closest I get were third person shooters, and basically no multiplayer in those.

I think I have a grand total of 200 cert points accumulated, if that. I just spent them somewhat randomly since I have no idea what weapons/items are better, etc. I am hoping that I just need time to get my FPS reflexes back or something. I am sure it would help to be in a squad as well.

If shootan isn't your thing, maybe a support role like engineer or medic would suit you better? I definitely don't mind the change of pace when it comes to this kind of game.

MrBig

The bolded is what pisses me off more than anything. I keep saying this but we need linear continent progression RIGHT NOW because what we have now is worse than what they feared would happen if they put linear progression in with 3 continents. All that shifting would go away instantly if linear progression was in because they wouldnt have access to those continents if their faction doesnt own the warpgate. That's the change that I'm anticipating the most right now. Too bad they decided against it at the last minute :(
We're supposed to have it right now.

I really don't see linear continent progression atm, the 3 continents would just make it so that some faction would always be beat to a pulp and unable to enjoy the game. There needs to be a middle ground of at least 1 one other continent, better with 3, much better with many more.

For resources, the physical mining and transporting of resources will be a huge game changer if that method sees the light of day. Auraxium will likely be the resource that gets re-introduced as the outfit currency.

mr_nothin

Banned
If shootan isn't your thing, maybe a support role like engineer or medic would suit you better? I definitely don't mind the change of pace when it comes to this kind of game.

During the whole weekend, I would constantly see this guy with the name "TheRepairMan" at the Amerish warpgate repairing any aircraft that would land. Even if you only came there to reload and had a tiny bit of damage...he was happy to help you get back to 100%.

The guy is a hero in my book.

spk

I would like some linearity in base capturing, too. Some kind of staged progression would make things a lot more tolerable and meaningful compared the zero flow spam fest/spawn camps that occupy much of the game

MrBig

I would like some linearity in base capturing, too. Some kind of staged progression would make things a lot more tolerable and meaningful compared the zero flow spam fest/spawn camps that occupy much of the game

How has Amerish turned out for that? I've only had a few hours of play time on that cont but the facility design seemed nice and linear relative to old Indar

The capture mechanics themselves do need to be address quite a bit though. much too random atm

Doppelganger

Neo Member
I agree the game has alot of room for improvement. I also don't see any reason to think SOE won't deliver on their plans for the future, whatever those are. They have alot of time and money invested in a FREE game, it's is most definitely in their best interest to come through. This alone makes me optimistic.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How has Amerish turned out for that? I've only had a few hours of play time on that cont but the facility design seemed nice and linear relative to old Indar

Not sure about bases, but I just like the look and differences of Amerish. Plus, that large open grass field in the south was nice. Still my favorite battle happened there (south of Bastion)

Have not done alot of Snow World, just haven't gotten interested in it.

mr_nothin

Banned
I really don't see linear continent progression atm, the 3 continents would just make it so that some faction would always be beat to a pulp and unable to enjoy the game.
For resources, the physical mining and transporting of resources will be a huge game changer if that method sees the light of day. Auraxium will likely be the resource that gets re-introduced as the outfit currency.

Well it would be like what we have on each individual continent but across all the continents. I dont think 1 faction would always get beat up on because there would be 2 warpgates on each continent...meaning that factions will always be pushing towards both continents. There will always be a 2 way fight for each faction. If 1 faction just focuses on pushing 1 warpgate then that leaves the other warpgate wide open for another faction to push. It would be a lot easier for us to manage 2 fronts as a faction rather than the 6 we have to manage across 3 continents now.

We're pretty much at the point that the devs were trying to avoid anyways but it's even more annoying because ppl can just warp around the continents freely atm. What's happening is, is ppl only go to the continent where the rest of their faction is. You end up with 50-80% TR population on Indar, 50-80% VS population on Esamir, and 50-80% NC population on Amerish. It leads to what feels like smaller fights across the continents because you're fighting against factions that have 10% population on that continent. If we already have 1 faction dominating each continent then we might as well put in linear progression.

The capture mechanics themselves do need to be address quite a bit though. much too random atm
Amerish is a lot more linear than the other 2 continents...especially when it comes to the base capturing. Base to base travel is also alot more linear. Only reason I dont play on Amerish much is because it's always dominated by 1 faction.

spk

The thing is, people have to remember that these devs have some serious plans for this game and to me, this was an early launch more than anything else. Whether it's the 6 month plan, the 3 year plan, or their broad ideas even after that considering they want this game to be played in 2025 (lol), I think it's clear that it's way too early to write the game off. So those of you who are giving up right now, don't overlook this game completely in the future.

I definitely agree about the early launch. I remember saying to myself "this probably won't be coming out of beta until 2013" and yet...

they want this game to be played in 2025 (lol).

vv Agree

mr_nothin

Banned
I definitely agree about the early launch. I remember saying to myself "this probably won't be coming out of beta until 2013" and yet...

It was def a soft-launch to generate money. They just needed the game to be in a "good-enough" state.

Jhriad

and you can't even give a single example?

If you can't be bothered to Google it yourself I don't see why anyone else should have to baby feed you the information.

Smed has a giant hard-on for EVE but one of the reasons EVE won't ever really get "big" is the ton of absolutely boring, time wasting shit you have to do just to get to anything resembling "fun." That's coming from a 0.0 SEC EVE player of several years. Unless the mining is entirely NPC driven like what I vaguely remember of the system in Pirates of the Burning Sea or even the simple resource gathering peons in RTS games it won't work in PS2. I damned well don't want to stare at rocks for hours while I mine away. If they can make it more remote operated and make the production side the focus where the primary player involvement is then we might have something that's workable.

For resources, the physical mining and transporting of resources will be a huge game changer if that method sees the light of day.

It won't. It becomes less likely every minute the game doesn't have those systems in place. Months or years from now when the playerbase has established expectations of what the Planetside experience is like they aren't going to want to stare at rocks for hours or haul shit around.

MrBig

Unless the mining is entirely NPC driven like what I vaguely remember of the system in Pirates of the Burning Sea or even the simple resource gathering peons in RTS games it won't work in PS2. I damned well don't want to stare at rocks for hours while I mine away. If they can make it more remote operated and make the production side the focus where the primary player involvement is then we might have something that's workable.

Yes, this was what they talked about doing when it came to mining resources. I believe this was talked about on twitter or the beta forums after Smed's long term plans were posted in August. He specifically said that they wanted to do it in a way that would be automatic and wouldn't take people out of the fight, beyond protecting the automated system. starcraft resources was the comparison he made iirc

If this comes it will be implemented alongside the outfit currency and territory system, which will be a major restructuring of the game no matter what specific systems they go with.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Things I remember hearing about are: User Generated content. Now, that might just be skins and paint jobs, but it also sounded like potential for Buildings.

Also heard about a continent based on an Urban Center. Thinking of a continent of a spread out, massive city of Skyscrapers.

Also, those large airships would be nice.

Liberty4all

Banned
I can't wait to taste the salty tears of reaver and mosquito pilots. The AA max was already good, I anticipate the nerf to aircraft and buff to AA will make dual bursters xp machines. GOON will be hit really hard by this ... NC love their reavers.

demolitio

Yes, this was what they talked about doing when it came to mining resources. I believe this was talked about on twitter or the beta forums after Smed's long term plans were posted in August. He specifically said that they wanted to do it in a way that would be automatic and wouldn't take people out of the fight, beyond protecting the automated system. starcraft resources was the comparison he made iirc

If this comes it will be implemented alongside the outfit currency and territory system, which will be a major restructuring of the game no matter what specific systems they go with.

Yea, I was talking about this last week wondering how they would pull it off. I think NPC mining machines harvesting resources around the cliffs and such would actually make for an awesome dynamic objective. If it's close to the frontline, you would have to have some armor defending the miners if you want your precious rare resource so it would encourage DEFENSE for a PURPOSE. That's something that's currently lacking since no one sees the point to defending unless it's a lot of free kills.

That's why I need to find an outfit in the next few months so I'm ready for the outfit-driven continent. Hell, even if they made people do the mining, I would do it if it meant getting some cool shit for the outfit's base.

I think the potential with this game is huge no matter what direction they take it. All we're seeing right now is the groundwork to something a lot bigger and that TR carrier render proves it.

Top Bottom