• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
More official word on Triple Cash Friday

Yes, this is all a ploy to get our money before the end of the world on Saturday.

“Yes it's true, Triple Station Cash next Friday. We hid that real well didn't we."

“Our master plan is to take your money the day before the world ends. That's how we roll,” he added. “We're spending it on booze for our end of the world party. You're invited.”

demolitio

Why do you forsake me Walmart Canada!?! those bonus added Station Cash Cards looked so tasty :(

It's not just Canada. It's Walmart in general because the place is so damn inconsistent on when and where they put things out on the shelves, especially for a PC game that none of the workers have even heard of. All they even do is point you in the direction of the PC stuff if you ask if they could see if they have any.

Holiday season is the worst at these stores too. So damn annoying.

To those of you have tried both the Cycler TRV and the TAR, which did you like more? I think the TAR is great for all ranges really.

Edit: By the way, this game is the best use of my SSD yet. Holy shit does it make a difference in a game like this.

Been playing Vanu for a bit, tired of unorganized zergs. SOE is advertising the Youtuber battle, and I was thinking about going on that server. Does anyone know which one it is?

MrBig

Yeah, I'm gonna be like BR100.

diffxp.jpeg

I hope people like filling bars....

Mupod

I wasn't aware the +500 Walmart cards were even available here in Canada. I'd rather not have to set foot in a Walmart anyways.

Lonestar

It was my first visit inside a Walmart in at least 4 years. The Tuscaloosa Walmart on Skyland: Not too bad on the inside. But I don't want to do it again.

markot

Banned
So, first time I've seen this. Is this highly prevalent on most servers? I'm 32 now and just never encountered it before.

What are you talkin bout >_<?

Cant tanks just go up the stairs?

Someone want to buy me some walmart cards >.>? Im in Australiaaaaaaa! Paypal you back!

Lonestar

So, first time I've seen this. Is this highly prevalent on most servers? I'm 32 now and just never encountered it before.

You know the outer walls on the amp stations? The walls inbetween the defense towers (with the AA and Turret cannons). I've seen tanks on that wall, protected by the overhanging portions of the walkway. I have no idea how he got up there. It was when we were attacking the amp station, and it was one of our (Attacking) tanks.

What are you talkin bout >_<?

Cant tanks just go up the stairs?

Someone want to buy me some walmart cards >.>? Im in Australiaaaaaaa! Paypal you back!

There are multiple console things that I assume were put up there not only as cover but to prevent tanks from just camping out on capture points. They don't seem to matter.

Dammit, I probably won't be playing PS2 at all this weekend due to catching up with old friends for the holiday. Should have been next weekend SOE!

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Dammit, I probably won't be playing PS2 at all this weekend due to catching up with old friends for the holiday. Should have been next weekend SOE!

it will still be going on the following weekend as well... Dec 21 - Jan 02

Lonestar

heh, today was 15% off infantry weapons. Since I had 600 SC left over from before, buying a Underbarrell gun for smokey smoke because an easy choice. Down to 595 from 700 points.

Spazznid

So when you die with Hud toggled off...you can't toggle it back on. WTF

Thank god!

IIRC, dying when you turn the hud off with a bind, it will glitch and you need to restart. Dying with the "No Hud" option in the settings menue, there is no glitch...

Looks like two different commands.

When you die, just remember to toggle back on before it's too late.

BLCKATK

Just installed this. I'm Vanu on Matherson. Game is pretty intense, but 5 seconds I knew I should have watched those tutorial videos... I'll check'em out right now. Would love to meet up with some GAF bros!

Edit: I though for some reason that it was Thursday going into Friday when I posted this and was wondering when 3X started. It was Wednesday when I said this. Dunce cap for me.

I used to get this too. I reinstalled my nvidia drivers and it stopped.
Ha I tried that already. Reinstalled drivers, planetside, tried windowed mode. The only thing I hadn't tried yet was starting the launcher with admin privileges and this appears to be working. So simple.

Vossler

Might seem like a dumb question, but would St. Louis be considered east or west? Also between Matterson and Connery, which would have more n00bs like myself?

Mupod

I want an automatic shotgun and the Saron for my Magrider. I might hold off until the end of their '12 days of christmas' stuff...it was underwhelming for the first six days with 25% off ugly hats. But half price off ALL infantry weapons? Too bad I've got no SC left. I hope there's a half price for vehicle weapons after Friday.

god dammit SOE.

well here's hoping for the final day to be 'half off everything'. I'm expecting 4 days of hats again though.

Flunkie

Banned
Might seem like a dumb question, but would St. Louis be considered east or west? Also between Matterson and Connery, which would have more n00bs like myself?

Mattherson is quite competitive, I'd say. Connery, from my experience, has always been a bit of a smoother ride for me, but you can't beat the coordination from Mat.

Mupod

Ah okay. I haven't been home for a few days so I couldn't actually see the sales, and their forum posts aren't specific about the amounts.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've dabbled in this game a bit the past week and I gotta admit I do not get it. Hopefully someone here can help me.

My K/D is something like 4 versus 30. It's probably worse. Either an area is empty, or my team is getting slaughtered. I found an empty area to practice my car skills but oh there were some flying planes of death that killed me in 5 seconds.

My gun acts like it shoots pleasant bursts of air at the enemy while they have a super accurate gun of death - I die within .5 seconds of seeing an enemy while I can't take him down.

I get TK'd constantly.

I try to stick with my team and go to where the action is. I'm an old fart who has been playing FPS games online since Duke 3D on Kali. What am I missing here?

Ding

Thanks for all the advice. Sorry for the dumb questions....

I use a Razer Naga, which allows me to (among other things) map pitch/roll for aircraft along with plenty of other keys for the 10,000 ways to voice chat in the game. But yeah, aim down sights is RMB...isn't that the default? Hell I didn't even look at the defaults before I changed everything.
Yeah, that's the default. I immediately changed it when I couldn't figure out how to jump. Oh, well. I'll change it back.

Nothing wrong with Vanu guns...what class are you using?
I suppose I'm mostly Engineer, since that seemed to make sense when piloting. If I decide to try to mix it up more directly, say because my base is being overrun, I tend to go Light Assault. I think I have the best luck with that gun, I might win 25% of my fights, but I think that's the one that obscures the entire target picture with muzzle flash. I have to stop firing to check if the other guy is still in front of me. After I get tired of constantly dying, and if I cant spawn a vehicle, I'll play as an Infiltrator. I live longer that way, mostly because I'm skulking around in the hills.

I'll look into those upgrades for the LMG. The foregrip reduces recoil/muzzle-climb, I assume? I'm surprised scopes work with all the muzzle flash, but if they do, that sounds like a winner, too.

Meatgrinder is the way to go. I join zergs occasionally if our map control is really bad, but I make most of my exp fighting where the heaviest action is. Wandering around capturing stuff by yourself is fun sometimes but it is absolutely terrible exp. My favorite places to defend are the Crown (of course), Mani Biolab and Tawrich Tech Plant. There's usually always some kind of fighting going on there.
I like how you say, "The Crown, (of course)". I have no frigging idea where or what the Crown is. : ) I'll poke around on the map. Are we talking about a particular continent here, or are all of those places common to all "maps"?

Again, thanks for all the info.

Ding

Hilarious. I can certainly relate. : )

I figure we must have some sort of driver issue that causes enemies to be transparent to our bullets. ; )

I'd be happy to try teaming up with you, but I'm sure I'd actually drag your K/D down even further. I think mine has now been rounded down to zero, so you can't hurt my stats!

Any interest in vehicles? I'm thinking about sinking some of my triple-Walmart-bucks into some sweet, sweet, vehicle upgrades. I could use a gunner, however. Or I could gun. I don't care. We'll be dying in a fiery conflagration, either way!

I've dabbled in this game a bit the past week and I gotta admit I do not get it. Hopefully someone here can help me.

My K/D is something like 4 versus 30. It's probably worse. Either an area is empty, or my team is getting slaughtered. I found an empty area to practice my car skills but oh there were some flying planes of death that killed me in 5 seconds.

My gun acts like it shoots pleasant bursts of air at the enemy while they have a super accurate gun of death - I die within .5 seconds of seeing an enemy while I can't take him down.

I get TK'd constantly.

I try to stick with my team and go to where the action is. I'm an old fart who has been playing FPS games online since Duke 3D on Kali. What am I missing here?

Top Bottom