• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Mupod

how can I switch between different types of grenades?

Once you've unlocked them with certs, you need to change what you're carrying in the loadout, then resupply at an infantry terminal. Or die and respawn, I guess. This applies with every cert upgrade except for passives like acquisition timer reductions, so if you bought flak armor or a scope you need to equip it in the loadout first.

Ghost23

I tried the game... sadly it ran like crap even on my i7 3610QM (I was CPU limited 90% of the time) so I wasn't really enjoying it. Maybe if they ever optimize the CPU side a bit better... not getting even 30 stable FPS with that CPU is too much. It's not like it was a huge battle either.

I have an i7 3630QM and can run the game at max settings 50-60 fps and 30fps in big battles. What is your GPU?

Soi-Fong

So sticky grenades stick to the spawn doors. Like literally on those gel things that block you from going into a spawn.

Does anybody else see something wrong with this? Since that's complete BS and envoy's kept on doing it at a biolab spawn. nC sticky grenades if you guys are curious.

So sticky grenades stick to the spawn doors. Like literally on those gel things that block you from going into a spawn.

Does anybody else see something wrong with this? Since that's complete BS and envoy's kept on doing it at a biolab spawn. nC sticky grenades if you guys are curious.

One of the many broken things in the game. Just ask for a refund.

Core Zero

One of the many broken things in the game. Just ask for a refund.

Soi-Fong (Nirkia) is VS, so I believe they're complaining about the stickies being used against them, not that the item is bugged for them.

In general, either the triple cash made it more obvious, or there was a change that allows more explosive damage through the shields into spawn rooms. It seems now that it is almost certainly better to find some alternate route in if the spawn room is being camped, because it's now giving up free certs even worse than before.

And Bamelin, I swear I'm gonna start setting up squads soon, I promise...

Soi-Fong

Soi-Fong (Nirkia) is VS, so I believe they're complaining about the stickies being used against them, not that the item is bugged for them.

In general, either the triple cash made it more obvious, or there was a change that allows more explosive damage through the shields into spawn rooms. It seems now that it is almost certainly better to find some alternate route in if the spawn room is being camped, because it's now giving up free certs even worse than before.

It seems like it's bugged for everybody. They shouldn't be able to be stuck on the spawn doors.

And for the one who suggested I get a refund, um... No..

I'm really loving this game and have already put 100+ hours into it.

It has flaws, but none really game breaking for me.

Mupod

You don't need sticky grenades to blow people up through the spawn doors, regular ones work fine if you throw them right.

If I'm being spawncamped I either just stand in the room and pick people off (biolabs) or redeploy (pretty much anything else).

Liberty4all

Banned

:)

I've been away the past couple days ... Family stuff over the holidays

demolitio

So I bought the TAR (Terran Assault Rifle)

OMG I love this gun. I just wish I could use it on other classes, seems to be Medic only.

It's an assault rifle which only medics use compared to the carbines that LA and Engineer use.

It's my favorite gun in the game now that I'm used to it and put all my certs into making it even better.

demolitio

What are some good things to put certs into for this gun?

The grip, 3.4x Red Dot, and soft point ammunition are on mine currently. You might be better off using a 2 or 1x reflex sight instead since it's easier for CQ but I like having mine set up as a jack of all trades weapon.

Other people will tell you to get the laser for it since it increases hipfire accuracy so it all comes down to preference but I tend to aim down the sights 99% of the time.

I think the TAR's sound is what makes it even more appealing to me. It sounds so much better than the other rifles.

sixghost

What are some good things to put certs into for this gun?

I forget what they are called, but get the mods that reduce vertical or horizontal recoil. I also recommend the IR/NV scope. It's only 1x, but it's worth it to get clear vision when during huge battles and there are smoke/explosions everywhere. Getting those two things was such a turning point in my game. It's not great at super close quarters, but hip-fire is so damn good in this game it doesn't matter. Hipfire combined with strafing and jumping/crouching is fine for close quarters.

So the AA launcher for heavy support is completely useless? Even slow moving air vehicles that don't have counter measures somehow dodge the "guided" missiles.

Noaloha

Saw this earlier in the SA thread.

iYPikDva2cO0g.gif

It's not the ability to shoot through air/vehicle windshields from point-blank range like I wish we had, but it's close enough to the cinematic intro to make me happy.

MARNEY

just ordered a pc for this game. lol. hope i got an ok deal...
XPS 8500
XPS 8500, Windows 8, 64-bit, English $1,168.99 1 $1,168.99
XPS 8500 XPS 8500
[225-2645]
Processors 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3350P processor (6M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
[319-1145]
Memory 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs
[317-9212]
Keyboard Dell KB213 Wired Multimedia Keyboard
[331-9341]
Monitor No Monitor
[320-7810]
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR5 for Win 8
[320-9394]
Wireless Driver Dell SRV Software 1703
[421-7190]
Hard Drive 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
[342-4106]
Chassis XPS8500,BlackChassisw/19:1mediacardreader
[318-2607]
Operating System Windows 8, 64-bit, English
[421-8687]
Mouse Dell Laser Mouse
[330-1158]
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
[313-6138]
Wireless Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
[430-4735]
Power Cord US Power Cord
[331-5795]
Documentation English/French Documentation
[331-5886]
[331-6145]
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2010, English
[421-8668]
Ship Material Shipping Material, Direct
[331-6149]
Security Software No Anti-Virus Software Selected
[461-8389]
Additional Software Additional Software
[331-6176]
[331-9379]
[421-8828]
Optical SW Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials BD
[421-8878]
Hardware Support Services 1 Year Basic In-Home Support
[920-5050]
[950-9797]
[992-7983]
[992-8003]
Misc 1 Laplink
[469-3022]
Misc 5 No ISP requested
[412-0148]
Entertainment and Editing Software Digital Download Enablement
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800

MrBig

is it a decent deal? power/price?

640 isn't a gaming class GPU. Other specs are fine. Overpriced but every laptop is overpriced.

e: oh, that's a desktop. Overpayed by a huge margin for mediocre parts. If you can cancel the order do it and give this thread a visit. The "enhanced" build in the chart will completely outperform that dell for less.

MARNEY

640 isn't a gaming class GPU. Other specs are fine. Overpriced but every laptop is overpriced.

e: oh, that's a desktop. Overpayed by a huge margin for mediocre parts. If you can cancel the order do it and give this thread a visit. The "enhanced" build in the chart will completely outperform that dell for less.
Thanks, but gotta go through dell to finance. 30$ month. Alternative to 640?

MrBig

Thanks, but gotta go through dell to finance. 30$ month. Alternative to 640?

There doesn't seem to be a better alternative if you go with the dell. You might be able to just take out the 640 and replace it with a 670 or some such. Going with big OEMs is always a bad idea for gaming rigs. If you can't afford it just jumping in to it anyways may not be a great idea.

Soi-Fong

Huge battle going on right now at the Crown. We're currently holding it, but the TR and NC (mostly GOON) have been pushing hard.

Edit: They seriously have to fix the crashing. My game crashed when I was at a 15 kill streak and counting.

MrBig

Ok changed my order
i7 16gb ram, amd 7570 for about the same price...

If this is just a gaming rig get an i5 (3450 if available) and 8gb of ram. You won't use up more than 4 threads in almost any game, and most games use up around 2gb of ram.

The 640 does outperform the 7570 but it's not a good card for gaming, still.

Soi-Fong

If this is a gaming rig get an i5 (3450 if available) and 8gb of ram. You won't use up more than 4 threads in almost any game, and most games use up around 2gb of ram.

The 640 does outperform the 7570 but it's not a good card for gaming, still.

Why isn't he going with like a 660 ti? That's the minimum threshold for me in being able to play most games at decent settings.

Noaloha

Huge battle going on right now at the Crown. We're currently holding it, but the TR and NC (mostly GOON) have been pushing hard.

Edit: They seriously have to fix the crashing. My game crashed when I was at a 15 kill streak and counting.

Just to clarify: you know that the crashing is very most likely a specific player-instigated glitch right? One that's out in the wild now, one which anyone with the correctly certed equipment can do and one that immediately crashes an entire hex of players? Which is to say, it can absolutely be used 'tactically'* to remove all armour and aircraft, along with all players, from any hex.

*dickishly

As soon as Smed&Co come back from vacation there will be an emergency fix, I have to assume.

EDIT: without wishing to comment on factioneering or anything, the exploit is especially prevalent amongst VS from all the (many and varied) stories I've heard (though with it going public recently, I have no doubt other factions will increasingly use it). TEST especially seem to be reaping that shit for all it's worth.**

**EDIT: oooh, interesting double-ok apostrophe scenario... I think it should actually be 'its worth'. Slippery apostrophes! <3

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Wonder if you guys are still holding. Might sign on for a bit.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TMG-50 is the only gun for heavy terran that is worth it. I've tried other guns - they are too weak in comparison.

Any advice on battle rifles for terrans? I have Warden for NC, it kicks ass.

MrBig

TMG-50 is the only gun for heavy terran that is worth it. I've tried other guns - they are too weak in comparison.

Any advice on battle rifles for terrans? I have Warden for NC, it kicks ass.

TR BR is the AMR-66, they function the same way on NC and TR I believe. I love my Eidolon BR on VS, favorite gun in the game

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
tried ultra config in OP but it changed nothing imo. Or may be differences are too subtle.

Top Bottom