• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Spazznid

Took me long enough to get into amerish, but I've been here for a bit and we won round one (Vanu!!!) and we've been successfully holding ther Bastion for round two, when they said "Oh, btw the match is on pause atm..." Well, we won't lose regardless. VANU SUPERIORITY! Can't wat to see that Prick Totalbiscuit eat his word and spour more garbage about stacked odd after this!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I had managed to log in on Connery, but was esamire, with a 90 premium person que to Amerish.

I also was TR on that server, since TR GAF was the most prevalent on that server. Back now on Matherson and Vanu :p

MutFox

Banned
I'm NC on Helios... (Love it on there)
Though I don't see a GAF NC Outfit...

Kinda thinking of making a TR character on Connery...
Though I'm not sure I wanna spend time and money on a new character... :p

Spazznid

ibmp3cjAILfogJ.png

VANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I know on Mattherson we were so out populated by the VS (and their magrider OP spam) on Amerish 95% of the TR said "fuck this" and went to Indar.

Indar had a 30 minute non prem que there for a while

thefil

I know on Mattherson we were so out populated by the VS (and their magrider OP spam) on Amerish 95% of the TR said "fuck this" and went to Indar.

That is patently false. When I got on to Amerish (after the first objective was done) TR and VS were both at around 39%. It was NC that was completely screwed.

Also, rolling with Vindicators, we took what we took with nary a magrider to our names. :)

demolitio

Yea, it's annoying just how overwhelmed we get on Mattherson. I'm TR as well so add "Demolitio" if you haven't already. We need a good squad instead of people that can only follow "the zerg".

The community I'm a part of was supposed to be featured tonight but I didn't get on in time so I have no clue how it went...lol

Edit: I think NC and TR are both overwhelmed depending on the time you get on. Basically, it's never been VS in a tight spot but NC and TR instead which seems to rotate based on the time. I wish we could form an alliance and just mess with VS from now on. It all depends on one big outfit on our side.

That is patently false. When I got on to Amerish (after the first objective was done) TR and VS were both at around 39%. It was NC that was completely screwed.

Also, rolling with Vindicators, we took what we took with nary a magrider to our names. :)

I meant territory, not population. I was tired.

The challenge was originally suppose to be hold a particular base, but SOE changed it to "Have the most territory"

When they broadcast the message that we had 40 minutes to get the most territory the VS already had about 60% of the map held.

It wasn't worth the trouble of event trying so we all jumped ship to Indar.

thefil

I meant territory, not population. I was tired.

The challenge was originally suppose to be hold a particular base, but SOE changed it to "Have the most territory"

When they broadcast the message that we had 40 minutes to get the most territory the VS already had about 60% of the map held.

It wasn't worth the trouble of event trying so we all jumped ship to Indar.

We gave up all of the map to hold the Bastion. At the time the new objective went up, most of VS was trying to air drop The Ascent, which TR held, because we suspected that it would be the last objective. During the fight for the Bastion, TR took pretty much all of the territory we had had (which was about 60% during the first objective) as did the NC.

The reason we won objective 3 was because (at least in my outfit) we had excellent organization, chose easy targets to grab that had No Activity, surrounded high priority targets like the Tech Labs before trying to assault them, etc.

But you're right, the TR population did drop during objective 3. I'm not sure why you all left (the horrible lag at Bastion?), but it definitely wasn't because you had a held territory disadvantage.

In general I think there might be some truth to VS being overpowered, but at least where I was, we were winning with coordination, not OP weapons. I think my squad spawned one magrider the whole event, and we held off several armor pushes with a single Liberator and Heavy Infantry.

We gave up all of the map to hold the Bastion. At the time the new objective went up, most of VS was trying to air drop The Ascent, which TR held, because we suspected that it would be the last objective. During the fight for the Bastion, TR took pretty much all of the territory we had had (which was about 60% during the first objective) as did the NC.

The reason we won objective 3 was because (at least in my outfit) we had excellent organization, chose easy targets to grab that had No Activity, surrounded high priority targets like the Tech Labs before trying to assault them, etc.

But you're right, the TR population did drop during objective 3. I'm not sure why you all left (the horrible lag at Bastion?), but it definitely wasn't because you had a held territory disadvantage.

In general I think there might be some truth to VS being overpowered, but at least where I was, we were winning with coordination, not OP weapons. I think my squad spawned one magrider the whole event, and we held off several armor pushes with a single Liberator and Heavy Infantry.

Not sure where on the map you were but I saw a column of about 30 magriders and a shit ton of scythes forming an OP wave across the land.

The Enclave was holding The Ascent (which apparently was one of the bases that was suppose to be held, before SOE changed their minds) when the message went, they flipped their shit and that's when they said fuck it and went to Indar

J-Rzez

Such a strange band of misfits us NC on Mattherson. It may seem we suck despite holding two conts much of the time but that's because we get distracted doing odd things for fun. But when we get together and serious we take what we want, when we want it. Despite the Reaver being trash, our guns outclassed in the combat situations most faced, and our heavy treaded vanguards icecapades.

Noaloha

Even after all this time, I just can't shake the feeling that the NC get dicked the most Warpbase-locationwise on each and every continent.

Complistic

Such a strange band of misfits us NC on Mattherson. It may seem we suck despite holding two conts much of the time but that's because we get distracted doing odd things for fun. But when we get together and serious we take what we want, when we want it. Despite the Reaver being trash, our guns outclassed in the combat situations most faced, and our heavy treaded vanguards icecapades.

Goon has made me rage more than a few times.

I've been playing on Mattherson since launch and this, my friend, is simply not true. It's mostly been a back and forth between Vanu (my faction) and TR for the cont locks.

J-Rzez

I've been playing on Mattherson since launch and this, my friend, is simply not true. It's mostly been a back and forth between Vanu (my faction) and TR for the cont locks.

Uh, I assure you we have the mech and air resource reduction much of the time, and through varying times of day.

Goon has made me rage more than a few times.

They're a fun group to game with. Both screwing around wise, and when it's serious business. We (The Ascended/TAS) work with them a bit.

Yeah, NC holds Amerish and Esamir an inordinate amount of time on Matherson. but I think that's largely a factor of Indar being a lost cause since the NC warp gate is in such a bad position. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they rotate the warpgates.

J-Rzez

It is the WG. Its too easy to press down on it. Especially when they multi gal drop busters, ha, eng, and medics on the surrounding hills in a position to destroy 90% of the ground/air or at least severely cripple it.

Uh, I assure you we have the mech and air resource reduction much of the time, and through varying times of day.

Maybe when you're on, but nah. NC is probably the weakest faction on Mattherson. And this is coming from a true blue Smurf fanboy. Went to Matt to sample Vanu and it became my main because all we did was roll everyone. That said, TR on Matt has a lot of strong players, which has proved troublesome for Vanu and NC alike.

But if someone haven't been playing for that long, I can understand why they'd think recent trends are indicative of that balance dating back to launch (and beta).

mr_nothin

Banned
SOE discussion with a bunch of guys who proposed meta-game ideas

Mission system is intended to solve communication issues: intra-outfit and unaffiliated players interacting in empire goals

searhus is coming in July

complete overhaul of the resource system coming at some point

physx effects coming back in the 30th patch

So, watching this discussion has completely restored my faith in SOE again. Every single thing they talked about, and gave insight on, sounded amazing. I cant wait until 4-5 months from now when we have resource revamps (PLEASE do the local resources system...it was 1 of my ideas), continent locking, and more continents. It's like they're making the perfect multiplayer game specifically for me lol

They pretty much covered just about every single concern I've had about the meta game. All of my ideas that I've had since the beta seem to have a great chance of being implemented also. Ideas such as the Vehicle Loadout Weight System where the more attachments you add to your vehicle, the more it costs. I wanted this so bad so to hear them talk about it like it's going in, is exciting! Also, the Local Resource/Supplyline System where you're only getting resources from local regions that are adjacent to the region you're in or only getting resources if the region you're in is connected to the warpgate. Loved the idea of being able to bleed out a base of resources (exactly what I wanted).

They're going for more of a closed/predictable way of advancing the frontlines and capping territory but still trying to leave it open ended in HOW you can approach it. Loved that and it's exactly what I wanted and suggested.
Everything just sounds fuckin amazing and I cant wait to get this stuff so I can devote my life to PS2 again lol

docbon

Logged in to see what bundles are available this week and saw the vehicle one.

Last time it was available, it was 2000 SC. Now it's 4900 SC, which is 150 less than if you just bought the weapons individually, and if you already have one, it's worthless. What a deal.

MrBig

FNO started, showing the SMGs atm, showing the tunnels soon

images here

e: someone extracted models and textures from the game to create an in-browser realtime 3D viewer of them

Doesn't really work well and there will be an ingame solution doing the same thing next month but it's at least interesting

GU#2 Patch notes, going live tomorrow at 4am PST.

I'm sure this especially is something a lot of people will like
Players now have the ability to customize empire colors on the HUD. The game will default to our "Enemy vs. Ally" color preset. The default colors can be changed from the General section in Settings.

Lots of great stuff in this patch.

Ty4on

Patch notes said:
Made adjustments to the Magrider so that combining strafe and forward velocity no longer provides an advantage to hill climbing

Aww, it was so fun to point the magrider at the waypoint and go over mountains without even slowing down :(
Didn't even get to do it for very long.

georgc

Prowler
Prowler P2-120 HEAT and P2-120 AP
Damage per round increased
Increased Projectile Speed

YESS!! bout time our tank can hold up

So glad they removed the explosive effect on the AP shells, always thought that was annoying. And the buff to them is also great.

Also interested to see the Jackhammer changes in action.

Unfortunately between the UFC event tonight and Super Bowl tomorrow I won't be able to play until Monday.

J-Rzez

Yay, patch day!

We'll see if they actually have a "hotfix" waiting for Magriders if they're still proven statistically superior like they claim they do. Next up is the Scythe.

Top Bottom