• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

MrBig

Heh you need a mouse with front/back buttons taht you can bind as chat buttons ;)

I've disabled all ingame voip and bound my teamspeak key to middle mouse. Has lead to some interesting occurrences, with quick knife still being bound to middle mouse as well

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've disabled all ingame voip and bound my teamspeak key to middle mouse. Has lead to some interesting occurrences, with quick knife still being bound to middle mouse as well

Use tilda for team speak, and left everything in game on default, but rarely use them.

I'm using a g700 so I got 4 side mouse buttons, for squad chat, command chat and general chat for teamspeak bound

Use tilda for team speak, and left everything in game on default, but rarely use them.

I've tried binding TS keys to the keyboard but that meant I had to stop moving to speak

After all this talk of this game coming to PS4 I decided to give this game a try. Its currently downloading on Steam.

Heres the thing: I know next to nothing about it.

Any tips for a newcomer?

Any help is appreciated :)

After all this talk of this game coming to PS4 I decided to give this game a try. Its currently downloading on Steam.

Heres the thing: I know next to nothing about it.

Any tips for a newcomer?

Any help is appreciated :)

What server are you playing on? What faction do you like? Definitely find an Outfit (guild) to join, helps if they use an outside voice service for chat.

To join squads/platoons press P and a list of open squads should appear. Squads max out at 12 people, and a platoon is a group of squads (up to 4). To quickly join your squads in a fight press the Insert key and it should deploy you on top of your squad leader (you can do this every 5 minutes). If you happen to be on a different continent as your squad head back to the Warpgate and find the terminal with the globe near the spawn tubes and you should be able to swith continents. They've also added a VR training room that you can access through this terminal where you can try all weapons, certable abilites and vehicles at no cost just to see how they are like

Generally, default weapons are pretty decent. You can get away with putting cert single cert points into stuff like armors, repair/heal abilities, etc. I found that for quick cert gain, leveling up the medic gun was the easiest way (and as a medic, try to stay in the back).

Heres a decent newbie guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSLAqgyULTw

Reddit has a decent guide explaining the 3 factions if you haven't chosen yet http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1bom31/newbies_guide_to_planetside_2_gu06/

TB (if you like his commentary, I generally do) explains the general game basics a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx_xeRFlNTA

The maps info is out of date (the map and spawn system has been tweaked alot but his general tips seem ok). Personal opinion- dont waste certs on air vehicles until you spend some time learning how to fly in VR Training, Antiair is pretty powerful right now and flying is not easy in this game

What server are you playing on? What faction do you like? Definitely find an Outfit (guild) to join, helps if they use an outside voice service for chat.

To join squads/platoons press P and a list of open squads should appear. Squads max out at 12 people, and a platoon is a group of squads (up to 4). To quickly join your squads in a fight press the Insert key and it should deploy you on top of your squad leader (you can do this every 5 minutes). If you happen to be on a different continent as your squad head back to the Warpgate and find the terminal with the globe near the spawn tubes and you should be able to swith continents. They've also added a VR training room that you can access through this terminal where you can try all weapons, certable abilites and vehicles at no cost just to see how they are like

Generally, default weapons are pretty decent. You can get away with putting cert single cert points into stuff like armors, repair/heal abilities, etc. I found that for quick cert gain, leveling up the medic gun was the easiest way (and as a medic, try to stay in the back).

Heres a decent newbie guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSLAqgyULTw

Reddit has a decent guide explaining the 3 factions if you haven't chosen yet http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1bom31/newbies_guide_to_planetside_2_gu06/

TB (if you like his commentary, I generally do) explains the general game basics a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx_xeRFlNTA

The maps info is out of date (the map and spawn system has been tweaked alot but his general tips seem ok). Personal opinion- dont waste certs on air vehicles until you spend some time learning how to fly in VR Training, Antiair is pretty powerful right now and flying is not easy in this game

Thanks for the reply. Im thinking of going as Vanu Sovereignty.

As for server, does GAF players have a favorite one?

I though to start Id just join some random squads to get the basics down, then maybe (if possible) play with some gaffers.

MrBig

I though to start Id just join some random squads to get the basics down, then maybe (if possible) play with some gaffers.

I'd jump in with an open outfit or outfit recruiting squad, there you should find people that actually know what they're doing and are generally lead with competency. This game doesn't lend itself to lone wolfing or quick fix style of play unless you already know what you're doing.

Check the op for a gaf player list, guides, and other info. Most of us that post in the OT are Vanu on Mattherson; a few of us play with the outfit Azure Twilight if you want to join up with us

There's no real Gaf group anymore, we're pretty much scattered around based on faction and but I think there's a handful of Gaffers on Mattherson (some on each faction). I'm on Mattherson Vanu myself and in the outfit Azure Twilight (one of the biggest outfits on the Vanu side), if you wanna join, lemme know and I'll get you an invite (you'll need to download Teamspeak tho). But yeah you should try joining squad with an recruiting outfit and see if you like playing with them before joining

I'd jump in with an open outfit or outfit recruiting squad, there you should find people that actually know what they're doing and are generally lead with competency. This game doesn't lend itself to lone wolfing or quick fix style of play unless you already know what you're doing.

Check the op for a gaf player list, guides, and other info. Most of us that post in the OT are Vanu on Mattherson; a few of us play with the outfit Azure Twilight if you want to join up with us

There's no real Gaf group anymore, we're pretty much scattered around based on faction and but I think there's a handful of Gaffers on Mattherson (some on each faction). I'm on Mattherson Vanu myself and in the outfit Azure Twilight (one of the biggest outfits on the Vanu side), if you wanna join, lemme know and I'll get you an invite (you'll need to download Teamspeak tho). But yeah you should try joining squad with an recruiting outfit and see if you like playing with them before joining

Thanks to you both.

I will try Matherson and be Vanu.

I would like an invite ot the faction sure, but just so you know I dont know how much free time Im gonna have in the coming weeks due to work.

But it is nice to join some veterans.

Thanks again :)

Lonestar

There's no pressure to be on at certain times in Azure Twilight. Log on whenever you feel like, there's usually enough on to fill a squad, usually 2 or 3 squads.

I might log on in a minute, if we want to try to make a GAF squad for old times sake.

Sorral

Just got this email:

6hfXDWmaWroTmkkEr8Q29mQOyxYW7.jpg

Burt

Welp, I just picked this game up today for the first time in like a month because the whole PS4 prospect intrigued me, and got banned 3 hours in because some half-illiterate button masher threw a hissy fit.

Permabanned literally 10 minutes after some guy starts freaking out with /yell because I got a kill or two on him, and I guess he just couldn't cope with the fact that a level 9 popped him in the face. Because, you know, it's so hard to line a dot up with a stationary target's head while holding the shift key. Glad they put so much thought into permanently banning accounts. I couldn't have been averaging better than 1.5 kills (probably much lower) for every time I died over the course of the battle, I missed plenty of shots and died plenty of times, and obviously wasn't hacking, but some fucking crybaby cunt gets me permed anyway.

And yes, I see the irony in calling this douche a crybaby cunt right after I wrote what I wrote, but I needed to vent. I'm just having a hard time understanding, because I've never been banned in a game before and thought companies would have some sort of evidence-based approach or some sort of software that figures it out or just anything more professional than what I just experienced. I mean, I wasn't cheating, and I got banned for cheating. It's... confounding.

Glad I didn't drop that money to deck out a heavy assault like I was thinking of doing this morning. Tried out the Warden for NC in VR and it was really nice.

MrBig

Welp, I just picked this game up today for the first time in like a month because the whole PS4 prospect intrigued me, and got banned 3 hours in because some half-illiterate button masher threw a hissy fit.

Permabanned literally 10 minutes after some guy starts freaking out with /yell because I got a kill or two on him, and I guess he just couldn't cope with the fact that a level 9 popped him in the face. Because, you know, it's so hard to line a dot up with a stationary target's head while holding the shift key. Glad they put so much thought into permanently banning accounts. I couldn't have been averaging better than 1.5 kills (probably much lower) for every time I died over the course of the battle, I missed plenty of shots and died plenty of times, and obviously wasn't hacking, but some fucking crybaby cunt gets me permed anyway.

And yes, I see the irony in calling this douche a crybaby cunt right after I wrote what I wrote, but I needed to vent. I'm just having a hard time understanding, because I've never been banned in a game before and thought companies would have some sort of evidence-based approach or some sort of software that figures it out or just anything more professional than what I just experienced. I mean, I wasn't cheating, and I got banned for cheating. It's... confounding.

Glad I didn't drop that money to deck out a heavy assault like I was thinking of doing this morning. Tried out the Warden for NC in VR and it was really nice.

Take it up with SOE support. If they don't have any evidence beyond the chat there is no reason for you to be banned, you included no information in your post that I have seen lead to a banning, but if SOE has any evidence at all of something illicit (any sort of 3rd party program interfering with the game or the way the game is displayed) picked up by their automated systems they can take whatever action they want, because words hold less credence than their system.

Burt

Ha, been logged in on a new account for a bit and shit has been bonkers since the login server went down. Lagging so hard, people floating all over the place... just can't catch a break today.

Anyway, I filed a ticket with SOE so maybe they'll get back to me tomorrow. I really wouldn't mind the ban that much other than the unfair/arbitrary way it was applied, what with me only being rank 9 and all, but starting a new account reminded me that I had actually spent some money on the other one. I'm not buying stuff over again when I didn't deserve to get banned in the first place, and I don't know if I'll buy stuff in the future if I'm liable to get banned every time I get a long distance headshot.

They really need a better way of handling this sort of thing. I appreciate the zealous pursuit of hackers (lawled a little bit when a GM globaled a message tonight about "relishing the hunt for cheaters"), but you can't just ban players based on a couple of people from the other faction's words. Or maybe it's like you guys said and something's just up right now.

SmartBase

Had an awesome "FEELING THE HEAT" alert today.

We (Briggs Vanu, the AU server) started off with 17% of the territory and won the alert with 42% captured. We steamrolled over the TR until we hit Benson where they staged a pretty good fightback. To celebrate we all hopped in galaxies and crashed into the TR warpgate.

There were over 100 galaxies flying into the warpgate, was awesome. I'll see if I can find a good video of it.

VS Briggs have been on a roll lately, it's been great for me getting back into the game.

Get ready for more fighting on Esamir, Vehicle and Max prices are going up!

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/gu011-weapon-and-vehicle-changes.134128/

Vehicle and MAX Resource Costs
  • The majority of vehicles and the MAX units will be getting a resource cost increase with this update. The new values are based on data that we have collected from the Live servers, and our goal is to even out the resource costs with their related income rates.
New Costs:

• [*]Flash: 150
    [*]Sunderer: 400
    [*]Lightning: 400
    [*]Magrider: 450
    [*]Vanguard: 450
    [*]Prowler: 450
    [*]Scythe: 250
    [*]Reaver: 250
    [*]Mosquito: 250
    [*]Liberator: 350
    [*]Galaxy: 350
    [*]Harasser: 400
    [*]MAX: 350
MAX Abilities
  • The Burster buffs when using the VS ZOE and TR Lockdown abilities will be reduced.
  • The damage received when the VS ZOE ability is active will be getting increased.
  • Note: The timer currently on the test server for the ZOE ability is not planned to go live.

Shotguns
  • All shotguns will be getting a small reduction in damage per pellet. The goal with this change is to reduce slop while keeping the effective kill ranges of the shotguns the same. So glancing hits and spamming without aiming will not be as rewarding, but well-aimed shots should just be as effective as before.
  • The default ammo count on the pump-action shotguns will be dropping from 5 to 4 rounds. This brings their potential kills per magazine and kills over time more in line with the other weapon classes.

Faction Heavy Weapons
  • All faction weapons will be getting a pass to make them more effective at their various roles.
  • Jackhammer: The ammunition capacity of this weapon is being increased to 9 rounds. Also, the burst mode will be gaining a rate of fire increase.
  • MCG: The fire delay is being removed. Instead, the weapon will fire immediately and the rate of fire will ramp up over time. The hip accuracy is being adjusted to better allow sustained fire.
  • Lasher: This weapon will receive a rate of fire increase and a slight damage buff, which should allow it to be viable in more situations. Also, ally players will no longer take the full AOE damage.

IRNV Scopes
  • We feel that the current downsides to this optic (less visibility at range) are negligible when compared to its benefits. We’re going to be adding a very small delay before the night vision is active and a small amount of scope sway to better balance the attachment out.

Flak
  • Bursters will be getting an accuracy penalty when moving and COF bloom is being added over sustained fire. The goal with this change is keep them just as effective at near range while dropping their effectiveness at extreme ranges (300+ meters).
  • Skyguards will be getting a projectile speed increase and other stat changes to make them better at range.

Vulcan
  • The Vulcan has been updated to be more effective at range and now has a larger clip size.
  • In addition, it has been given a spin up time. The Vulcan still fires during the spin up time, but at a reduced rate.

Sunderer Deployment
  • Facilities and Outposts on Indar and Amerish now have Sunderer No Deploy Zones. These function just the like No Deploy Radius around allied deployed Sunderers. These zones prevent you from parking your Sunderer right on top of the capture points. You’ll have to fight to the capture points on foot.
  • Edit: Forgot one. Edit 2: Spelling

Underbarrel Attachments
  • These have been removed from the weapon selection list and are now mapped to the primary weapon key. Press 1 to swap between the weapon and its attachment.

So they give VS ONE THING THAT MAKES THEIR MAX NOT SHIT.

And then they nerf it to hell. Great.

It isn't that bad of a nerf, damage is now 30% instead of 25% but yeah 350resources is absurd, 200 would have been a good amount. I feel like this crazy increase was another nerf to Burster maxes more than anything

Arksy

It isn't that bad of a nerf, damage is now 30% instead of 25% but yeah 350resources is absurd, 200 would have been a good amount. I feel like this crazy increase was another nerf to Burster maxes more than anything

Well you could never really kill a fighter with bursters unless they were coming at you (depending) but you could easily make a Liberator's life hell with them.

I feel like SoE has made Fighters too good and Liberators not good enough. Every time I get a liberator in the air I get tailed by an ESF and it's over. I think the tail gun on the Liberator should be a REALLY mean gun for ESFs.

MrBig

So they give VS ONE THING THAT MAKES THEIR MAX NOT SHIT.

And then they nerf it to hell. Great.

I'd rather see something like a drifter jump jet or a slower version of the Icarus jump jet. To allow agility or the ability to get verticallity without the extreme maneuverability of the full jump jets the light assault has than a numbers buff that the ZOE is, in which it's either OP or something that no one would ever want to use.

Arksy

A short duration jump jet would be incredible.

Also, Light Assaults should be able to use battle rifles.

No idea why they can't... :(

It'd be pretty sweet to fly up to semi-decent vantage points to semi-snipe.

Naturally they buff the Jackhammer a week after I get an Auraxium medal with it.

Overall, not opposed to the changes. I advocated higher resource costs for vehicles earlier in this thread, though I still think they should restrict the facilities they can be spawned at more. The MAX resource increase is most interesting, they have been a bit too omnipresent since the last update. The NC shield still needs tweaking, that thing is still hot garbage.

As for why VS MAXes didn't get jump jets, it makes sense. The game makes much greater use of verticality compared to the original and that is meant to be the advantage of Light Assaults. If VS had MAX-exclusive reign over the rooftops, that'd be far more overpowered than any other skill.

On the ESF/Lib issue, I think there is a fundamental design issue with Liberators that perverts its role. ESF should be the precision fighter, it can pick out ground targets, make a run with its rockets, and get out. Liberators should fly high and out of danger and just indiscriminately drop bombs on shit. Instead, they gave them an aimable gun, forcing Libs to fly low to make precision attacks against ground targets. Since its forced to fly low and its such a huge target, they've allowed it to take too much damage and be far too maneuverable than it should be, and you've run into this situation where a pilot can just flip belly-up and shoot attackers out of the air.

My fix would be replace the main gun with just gravity dropped bombs that go straght down and remove that gunner position altogether, just let the pilot switch between the nose gun and bombs. Maybe reduce the armor a bit to force them to fly higher out of flack range.

Lonestar

Geez at those cost increases...

When are we getting an increase in max resource? 750 won't cut it if everything takes half of it.

Burt

Geez at those cost increases...

When are we getting an increase in max resource? 750 won't cut it if everything takes half of it.
I doubt they'd increase your maximum resources after increasing costs. They're probably setting it at 400 precisely because they want a vehicle to take more than half your resources. Cuts down on vehicle spam and makes it more likely for vehicles to fill up and be used as intended instead of everyone just picking up a new one every time they need to go somewhere.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ha, been logged in on a new account for a bit and shit has been bonkers since the login server went down. Lagging so hard, people floating all over the place... just can't catch a break today.

Anyway, I filed a ticket with SOE so maybe they'll get back to me tomorrow. I really wouldn't mind the ban that much other than the unfair/arbitrary way it was applied, what with me only being rank 9 and all, but starting a new account reminded me that I had actually spent some money on the other one. I'm not buying stuff over again when I didn't deserve to get banned in the first place, and I don't know if I'll buy stuff in the future if I'm liable to get banned every time I get a long distance headshot.

They really need a better way of handling this sort of thing. I appreciate the zealous pursuit of hackers (lawled a little bit when a GM globaled a message tonight about "relishing the hunt for cheaters"), but you can't just ban players based on a couple of people from the other faction's words. Or maybe it's like you guys said and something's just up right now.
Server logins were messed up yesterday and telling people they were "banned" when they really werent. Try logging in again and see if you can get through now.

Then a problem arises when you are warpgated......

Well something needs to be done about the amount of vehicle spam right now. Performance goes down a lot more at bases now because the fights are bigger.

Server logins were messed up yesterday and telling people they were "banned" when they really werent. Try logging in again and see if you can get through now.

Well something needs to be done about the amount of vehicle spam right now. Performance goes down a lot more at bases now because the fights are bigger.

Speaking of performance going down, have you guys seen battles with large amounts of Lasher spam? With the buff of the Lasher, I expect to see them more often on the battlefield but the last time I was apart of Lasher Ops (i think we nearly 3/4 platoon of lashers heavies) FPS goes down ~20 when everyone starts firing lol

mr_nothin

Banned
I generally wouldn't mind vehicles going up in price to a certain degree, but some of those are ridiculous.

A Harasser worth as much as a Sundy? What?

I think it's perfect. Harassers can really do some damage. i think they underestimated the power of those things.

Lonestar

I think it's perfect. Harassers can really do some damage. i think they underestimated the power of those things.

Takes a good driver, a good gunner, and alot of certs to keep that thing going. But, when you got that, it is pretty effective. I've never been considered a killing machine (My K/D is hovering around 0.52), but I've put up 20-30 kill streaks gunning in one of those things. We lived long enough to have to go back to a ammo tower 3 times.

Burt

Well, I got my account unbanned, which is great. Totally restores my willingness to spend money in the game without fear of being banned without recourse. The SOE staff was quick getting on it (after the weekend, I'm assuming) and very cordial, and overall I'm pretty happy about the whole thing. A mod banned me because they said I was doing things that weren't possible, but the person who looked at my case said that he took it to some of the more technical staff, and they cleared me. My account's gonna be under observation from now on, but that's not something I'm worried about at all.

Of course, I managed to level a new account above the banned one over the weekend, so now I've got to decide whether I want to go back to the old one or not. My old account was getting a double station cash deal that my new one wasn't getting for some reason (maybe because I purchased something before, or maybe it's just an account duration thing), but my new account is on a server where NC is overpopulated and I'm getting alert rewards left and right. It's a toughie.

As for the reason for my banning, they didn't go into it other than saying that I was doing things that weren't possible. One reason could be that the servers were super wonky that night. The other possible reason, and I only heard about this through region chat while playing my new account, is that apparently headshots can glitch through the force fields in the doorways of spawn buildings. I was totally sniping through a doorway (The Crown facing westward into the closest Ti Alloys building on Indar), but I only play on medium-high so I'm thinking maybe the force field didn't show at the distance I was sniping from and I was glitching through it. It would explain why people said I was wall hacking. Anyone heard of anything like that?

Shields not rendering and people shooting through them happened a lot in the past. Haven't seen it much since the last few game updates. Keep in mind though that abusing this bug is considered exploiting and can result in a ban.

Burt

Shields not rendering and people shooting through them happened a lot in the past. Haven't seen it much since the last few game updates. Keep in mind though that abusing this bug is considered exploiting and can result in a ban.
Oh yes, I noticed. Lesson learned.

Lonestar

yeah, that's an open doorway. The Spawn Room/Shield doors, are on the top left building, and the 2 doors on that building are on the north and south side. Should be no chance to shoot through them from your marked location.

Lonestar

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/gu11-landing-soon.135273/

Partial List

As usual, full patch notes will be available before the update goes out, but here are a couple highlights:

Light Assault Drifter Jumpjets have been enhanced to provide a speed boosts while using them on flat ground, these should now provide a new alternative gameplay role for Light Assault.
Continent domination thresholds have been adjusted to make achieving OR breaking continent domination a viable goal during primetime. Continents will change ownership when an empire owns 75% of the territory, and their ownership will break when they're reduced to below 15%.
Resource cost for some vehicles and MAXes has been increased
We hope this change makes strategic control of resources more important for empires, and we're also looking at the results of this tuning to help us define the boundaries for the upcoming resource system revamp.
We will be monitoring resource usage and earn rates carefully in the days following the update and rebalancing as necessary if we find any significant issues with resource starvation due to this rebalancing.
Instant Action has had it's values retuned to bring players to fights that need more players from their empire.
New movement code has been introduced which will make remote player movement much smoother, reducing player warping and removing a lot of the ability to quickly change direction and glitch out the movement interpolation and avoid damage.
ZOE Module has been buffed to have less distortion particles in 1st person =)
ZOE Module has been nerfed to further reduce armor (-25% -> -30%) when the ability is active =(
Weapon tuning:
Retuned the Empire Specific Heavy weapons: Jackhammer, MCG and Lasher. These should all be significantly more competitive with other HA weapon options, while still situational.
Retuned the Empire Specific vehicle mounted AV weapons (ML85 Enforcer, G30 Vulcan & Saron HRB) to reduce infantry damage and somewhat equalize effective ranges.
MAX Burster weapons have been retuned to be less effective at extreme ranges, they maintain the same effectiveness within ~250-300m.
Skyguard turrets have been buffed to provide enhanced effectiveness at all ranges, especially beyond 300m.
These two changes should make life better for ESF pilots/Liberator crews which previously were getting picked off at extreme ranges when not actively engaging infantry while still allowing MAXes to provide cover for squads against strafing ESFs and low flying libs threatening ground troops.
Changed shotgun damage model to reward more skillful usage and bring these in line with other close range options such as SMGs and Carbines - these should remain potent in close quarters, but not be the only viable option.
Tank and Fighter Superiority bonuses have been added, these give an additional 100xp bonus to MBTs destroyed by other MBTs, or ESFs destroyed by ESFs.
Vehicle appearance slots have been increased, allowing you to equip more vehicle cosmetics simultaneously.
UI Enhancements:
Loadout screen has been updated to allow for unlocking of certifications in all slots straight from the loadout screen.
Loadout screen has been updated to allow quick switching between weapons from the landing page
Loadout screen now saves attachments per-weapon, so quick swapping between weapons maintains that weapons attachments per loadout.
Squad browser displays a lot more information about outfit, squad leader, active continent and more.
Squad manager now displays player battle ranks, locations, outfit, vehicle information and allows for dragging and dropping of players from the squad to create platoons.
The commo rose menu (hold Q on target) has been updated to respect inverted mouse and track better on fast moving targets.
This is just a few of the notable changes with the update, along with dozens of bug fixes large and small. GU11 is scheduled to go live tomorrow morning (June 20th) barring any last minute issues found.

Crazy what they're doing to cont locks, at least by "primetime" standards (which, btw, who sets Primetime hours :p) dropping down to 15% loses the continent, instead of being warpgated (so, no more "Hold Scarred Mesa!"

Still need to make battle rifles not suck, but otherwise I generally approve of those changes.

edit- Interested in seeing what their changes to moverment are like. The ADADAD stuff never seemed as super prevelent as the forums mad it seem, but when you're face to face with a guy doing it it can be annoying as fuck.

MrBig

Crazy what they're doing to cont locks, at least by "primetime" standards (which, btw, who sets Primetime hours :p) dropping down to 15% loses the continent, instead of being warpgated (so, no more "Hold Scarred Mesa!"

I understand why they're doing that - the servers die when it's tracking ~2k players all within a few clusters of a few hundred meters.

It's just a band-aid though, such a change will not be compatible when warpgate capture and continental conquest conditions are implemented.

Not necessarily. Continent locks and continent control can be handled as two seperate things. There's no reason that you wouldn't be able to capture warp gates and lock continents while the enemy still has unconnected territories.

And speaking of unconnected territories, SOE needs to make it so that you can't push out of territories that don't have a link back to the warpgate. The lattice (despite some of the grognards on the forums) has improved Indar dramatically, but it still lets you capture territories even if the region is is linked to is not itself linked back to the warp gate.

mr_nothin

Banned
Oh Mah Gawd yes
I really hope the new movement code makes things way smoother! So sick of the ADADADA warp strafe spamming. I dont have a problem with ADAD strafing but when you have sucky tracking code along with it, it gets annoying as all hell. Cant wait for the crying!

Lonestar

Full GU11 notes...it's loooong
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-downtime-for-game-update-11-june-20-2013-6am-pt-3pm-cest.135376/

General Game Updates
Continental Domination Thresholds
Domination requirement for securing continent benefits has been lowered from 100% to 75% of the territory on the continent.
The point where a domination benefit will be lost increased from 0% to 15% of owned territory.
These changes do not affect alerts.
The Map Statistic for Territory Control now has a visual representation of the thresholds where benefits will be gained and lost.
Our goal is to make continent domination and denial during prime time a tough but reasonably achievable goal and to reduce the situations where entire empires would hold out in a single facility.
Resource Cost Increases for Tanks and MAXes

The below are the new resource costs for each vehicle type and the MAX unit.
Flash: 100
Sunderer: 400
Lightning: 300
Magrider: 450
Vanguard: 450
Prowler: 450
Scythe: 250
Reaver: 250
Mosquito: 250
Liberator: 350
Galaxy: 350
Harasser: 300
MAX: 350

Map Tutorial
It is accessed by clicking the help button at the top of the screen
This can be accessed by anyone at any time.

Interactive Tutorial Additions
Tutorial Intro now includes a list of covered topics and an estimated time to complete
Infiltrator segment now also mentions holding breath to stabilize scope sway
Warpgate Terminal now highlights the highest non-queued continent instead of always Indar
The “Skip Tutorial” option is no longer available if the account does not have any existing characters.
Subsequent characters will have the option to skip the tutorial
Several minor tweaks and fixes to the tutorial to improve usability

Instant Action & Reinforcements Adjustments
Less emphasis on fights where your empire is dominating.
More emphasis on fights where your empire has a small disadvantage
Optimal IA fight is now a bit bigger than platoon vs platoon.
Lowered maximum population allowed for an instant action / reinforcement point to be active.
The intent of these changes is to be a better reinforcement mechanic and to help support and balance the medium-sized fights.

New in VR
Cosmetic items for infantry and vehicles should now be available in the VR training zone

New in Depot
New Helmets
The long-awaited shemaghs have arrived!
New Liberator Glass Decals
Three new and exciting colors for each empire.
Camo Bundles
Coming Soon: Keep an eye out for limited time camo bundles at a ridiculous discount.
Ground Vehicle Lumifiber Trim
Coming Soon: New Lumifiber Trim for your Sunderer, Lightning, Flash and Harasser

General Infantry Updates
Player Movement
Reduced infantry traction. Players will now decelerate before accelerating to their max speed when quickly changing directions while moving.
Reduced player warping
The above should help reduce issues with ADAD
Walking over small ledges will no longer cause iron sights and optics to play the jump animation.
Better Visibility for Friendly Explosions
HUD indicator range for friendly explosives increased from 10 meters to 30 meters.
Improved IFF for Friendly Infiltrators
Any cloaked infiltrators that are part of your faction are now highlighted in your faction color.
This change has no impact on enemy units.
All IR/NV attachments
Added scope sway
dded a short delay when transitioning into this scope
Improved IFF for Friendly Infiltrators
Any cloaked infiltrators that are part of your faction are now highlighted in your faction color.
This change has no impact on enemy units.
Improvements to Drifter Jump Jets
Light Assault Drifter Jump Jets have been enhanced to provide a speed boost while using them on flat ground
These should now provide a new alternative gameplay role for Light Assault
Underbarrel Attachments
All underbarrel attachments have been removed from the weapon selection list. They are now mapped to the primary weapon key. Press 1 (default) to toggle between the primary weapon and its attachment.

Miscellaneous Changes
The last rank of the Repair Tool now allows Engineers to deconstruct enemy tank mines. This will reward the Engineer experience.
Placed C-4 now has a visible light attached, similar to placed personal mines.
The default infantry attachment toggle key is now “X”. This will only apply to new installs. Existing clients will still have the previous default of “L”, which can be re-mapped in the settings.

Bug Fixes
Fixed personal mine particle effects not showing if you were far away when the mine was first placed.
The scope sway pattern no longer resets each time you exit the scoped view.
Distortion effect on the active Zealot Overdrive has been reduced to one quarter of its original size
Medics and Engineers should no longer lose their heal tool and repair tool/ammo pack while in the VR zone.
Fixed third person character models never aiming below “level” while firing
Fixed a problem causing the Medic triage ability to not function properly while in a Harasser
The VS Infiltrator Crested Helmet should no longer cause players heads to disappear at certain distances
Fixed a problem preventing the Female TR Combat Medic composite helmet from displaying properly
Cloaked Infiltrators will now correctly show bullet hit impacts when they are cloaked with shields down.

MAX Ability Tuning
VS MAX: Zealot Overdrive
The amount of additional damage received while Zealot Overdrive is active has been increased from 25% to 30%.
Reduced the indirect damage buff for Bursters when using Zealot Overdrive
Rank 1: Indirect damage increase reduced from +15% to +5%
Rank 2: Indirect damage increase reduced from +18% to +7%
Rank 3: Indirect damage increase reduced from +22% to +9%
Rank 4: Indirect damage increase reduced from +26% to +12%
Rank 5: Indirect damage increase reduced from +30% to +15%
TR MAX: Lockdown
Reduced the rate of fire for MAX Burster when using Lockdown.
Rank 1: Fire rate increase reduced from +13% to +5%
Rank 2: Fire rate increase reduced from +16% to +9%
Rank 3: Fire rate increase reduced from +20% to +13%
Rank 4: Fire rate increase reduced from +23% to +16.5%
Rank 5: Fire rate increase reduced from +26% to +20%
Adjusted reload time increase for MAX Bursters while using Lockdown.
Rank 1: Reload speed changed from +15% to +10%
Rank 2: Reload speed remains at +20%
Rank 3: Reload speed increased from +25% to +30%
Rank 4: Reload speed increased from +30% to +40%
Rank 5: Reload speed increased from +35% to +50%

Weapon Updates
NS-10 Burster
The effectiveness of MAX Bursters at extreme ranges has been reduced by the introduction of movement penalties and accuracy loss over sustained fire. Details below.
Detonation range of flak reduced from 5 meters to 4 meters
Added blooming to the CoF of 0.2 degrees per shot
CoF can now bloom from a minimum of 1.25 degrees to a maximum of 3 degrees
Minimum CoF is at 1.25 when stationary
Minimum CoF is at 1.75 when moving
Minimum CoF is at 2 when sprinting
Minimum CoF is at 3 when jumping
CoF recovery time for all states reduced from 20 degrees per second to 10 degrees per second
NC NC05 Jackhammer
The Jackhammer’s burst fire mode now has unique properties. It will fire at double the fire rate of the semi-auto fire mode, with the weapon needing to be chambered after each burst. In addition, the default magazine size of the weapon has been increased from 6 to 9 rounds. Details below.
Default ammunition capacity increased from 6/48 to 9/54
Extended ammunition now gives +3 to the weapon’s capacity
Semi-auto rate of fire reduced from 255 to 225 rounds per minute
Burst mode now fires at double the semi-auto rate of fire, with the weapon needing to be chambered after each burst
Minimum damage reduced from 90 to 70
Long reload time increased from 3.5 seconds to 3.6 seconds
Short reload increased from 2.0 to 2.6 second
Added default iron sights and optic attachments
TR T7 Mini-Chaingun
This weapon now fires immediately at a reduced fire rate and then ramps up over time to its listed fire rate. The spin up delay has been removed. The hip accuracy changes will result in greater accuracy over sustained fire.
Projectile speed increased from 550 m/s to 600 m/s
Aimed stand-moving accuracy improved from 0.9 to 0.45.
Aimed crouch-moving accuracy improved from 0.3375 to 0.3.
Hip accuracy decreased by 0.25 in all movement stats. Hip accuracy bloom improved from 1.0 per shot to 0.5 per shot.
Long reload time increased from 4.0 seconds to 5.39 seconds
Short reload time increased from 3.4 to 4.39 seconds
Minimum damage reduced from 125 at 65 meters to 112 at 60 meters.
Vertical recoil reduced from 0.268 to 0.2.
First shot multiplier increased from 1x to 3x.
Minimum horizontal recoil increased from 0.1 to 0.225.
Equip time increased from 0.9 seconds to 1.1 seconds.
New fire audio
VS Lasher X2
The Lasher has been given multiple small improvements that should make it competitive in more situations. In addition, ally players will now a resist a percentage of the Lasher’s area of effect damage.
Rate of fire increased from 300 rounds per minute to 333 rounds per minute.
Max damage increased from 225 to 230.
Min damage increased from 175 at 60 meters to 180 at 65 meters.
Ally players now resist the area of effect damage by 75%.
Long reload time lowered from 5.4 seconds to 5.2 seconds
Short reload time lowered from 4.374 to 4.2 seconds
Vertical recoil increased from 0.2 to 0.4.
First shot recoil reduced from 2.0 to 1.5.
Horizontal recoil increased from 0/0 minimum maximum to 0.1/0.2.
Recoil recovery rate reduced from 18 to 15. Removed the recoil recovery acceleration. The end result is a faster recoil recovery speed.
Aimed crouch/crouch-moving/stand accuracy improved from 0.4/1.2/0.5 to 0.3 in all states.
Aimed stand moving accuracy improved from 2 to 0.5.
Fixed a bug that was causing the hip accuracy to be displayed lower than its actual values.
Hip accuracy reduced from 0.24/0.75/0.24/1.5 to 1.0/1.5/1.5/2.0
Hip cone of fire per shot increased from 0.05 to 0.1

Added optic attachments.
NC Mauler S6, TR FA1 Barrage, and VS Thanatos VE70 shotguns
Maximum damage reduced from 134 to 130
Minimum damage reduced from 60 to 50
Slug ammunition minimum damage reduced from 360 to 334
Long reload changed from 2.05 seconds to 2.1 seconds
Short reload changed from 3.35 seconds to 3.22 seconds
NC NC12 Sweeper, TR TS4 Haymaker, and VS Nova shotguns
Long reload changed from 2.8 seconds to 3.0 seconds
Short reload changed from 4.1 seconds to 4.0 seconds
NC AF-57 Piston, TR AS16 NightHawk, and VS Pandora VX25 shotguns
Maximum damage reduced from 134 to 125
Minimum damage reduced from 50 to 45
NC GD-66 Claw, NC LA39 Bruiser, TR TRS-12 Uppercut, TAS-16 Blackjack, VS Phobos VX86, and VS Deimos VA29 shotguns
Default ammunition capacity reduced from 5/30 to 4/28
NC MAX NCM1 Scattercannon and NC MAX AF-23 Grinder
Maximum damage range increased from 5 to 8 meters
NC MAX AF-34 Mattock
Minimum damage reduced from 90 to 70
Maximum damage range increased from 8 to 10 meters
Minimum damage range increased from 28 to 30 meters
NC MAX AF-41 Hacksaw
Maximum damage reduced from 134 to 125
Minimum damage reduced from 50 to 45
Maximum damage range increased from 8 to 10 meters

Bug Fixes
Adjusted Lasher geometry to help address issues with it getting in the way of the fire animation.
T-7 Mini-Chaingun can no longer bypass it’s spinup time by firing and looking down sights
Fixed an issue with the first person revolver reload animation that could occur if you used the quick knife during the reload
Fixed a bug that could cause default scopes to appear as available for all rocket launchers
Newly acquired SMGs will now display the correct number of “Kills to next medal”
Corrected an error that swapped the Vortex VM21 Left and Right weapons in the certification menu
Fixed an issue that would break animations for a player that died while charging a lancer and aiming down sights

General Vehicle Updates
Tank and Fighter Superiority XP
Added Tank Superiority Bonus: 100 xp bonus for killing an enemy tank with a tank
Added Fighter Superiority Bonus: 100 xp bonus for killing an enemy ESF with an ESF
Gunner Heading on Schematic
Added a display for gunner heading to the vehicle schematic on the HUD.
Vehicle Night Vision Optics
Vehicle Night Vision Optics no longer highlights enemies
Thermal Optics still highlight enemies
To compensate, Night Vision has a longer range than Thermal Optics
Miscellaneous Changes
Pulled the third person camera for Main Battle Tanks and Lightnings out about 1 meter
Adjusted all vehicle ammo capacity certification tooltips to display the amount added instead of displaying what the new total ‘could’ be

Bug Fixes
Fixed issue where vehicle diagram turned red before the vehicle actually caught fire.

Vehicle Weapon Updates
G30 Vulcan
G30 Vulcan has been given a one second spin up time but has also been update to be more effective at range and have a larger magazine size. The Vulcan still fires during the spin up time, but at a reduced rate.
Projectile gravity decreased from 5 to 2.5
Minimum Cone of fire decreased from 0.5 to 0.25
Cone of Fire recovery rate increased from 1 to 6.25
Clip size increased from 30 to 60
Magazine size ranks reduced from 3 per rank to 2 per rank
Maximum Ammo Capacity increased from 450 to 900
Ranks increased from 30 to 60 per rank.
Added a spin up time of 1000ms
Fire rate at spin up starts at 200ms and moves towards 75ms
Minimum damage ranged increased from 300 meters to 500 meters
Minimum damage on Harasser variant increased from 80 to 85
Minimum damage on Prowler variant decreased from 110 to 90. With changes to extend the minimum damage range, it should still do 110 damage at the old minimum damage range of 300 meters.
New fire audio.
Skyguard
Projectile Speed increased from 375 to 400
Magazine size increased from 50 to 70
Ammo Capacity Increased from 750 to 1050
Amount granted from certifications increased from 60 to 70 per rank.
Reload Speed Certification increased from -60ms per rank to -100ms per rank.
C75 Viper
Projectile gravity decreased from 10 to 4
Inner Radius Splash range reduced from 1 meter to 0.5 meters
M20 Basilisk
CoF reduced from 0.75 to 0.5
Projectile Speed increased from 500 to 600.
M20 Drake
CoF reduced from 0.66 to 0.5
ML85 Enforcer
Inner Radius Blast damage reduced from 450 to 150
Saron HRB
Inner Radius Blast damage reduce from 850 to 350
Max CoF reduced from 2 degrees to 1 degree. This should extend its effective burst fire range.
M40 Fury (Flash Version)
Ammo capacity reduced from 75 to 30.
Ammo capacity certifications reduced from 15 to 5 grenades per rank
Xiphos Anti-Personnel Phalanx Turrets
Increased maximum turn speed for quicker aiming
Should now fire empire colored tracers (instead of all of them being yellow).

Vehicle Appearance Slots
Added additional appearance slots to all vehicles, allowing you to fully customize your vehicle with multiple appearance items. Below you will find an example of the new slots available today, but keep in mind that not every vehicle will have all of the slots open to them.

Ground Vehicles
Camo (various camo patterns)
Decals (various decals)
Exterior (bumpers, fenders, grills, cosmetic armor)
Horns (vehicle specific horns)
Trim (lumifiber, future vehicle trim)
Lighting (Chassis Lights)
Tire (hubcaps, tire spikes)
Antenna (Flash Antennas)
Windshield (Harasser windshields)

Aircraft
Camo (various camo patterns)
Decals (various decals)
Cockpit (cockpit glass)
Exterior (fins)
rim (lumifiber, future vehicle trim)

UI Updates
Loadout Screen Improvements
Now displays locked, unlocked, and upgradable cert items (like scopes, abilities, suit mods, etc)
Now displays un-owned slot items
Added quick weapon switch arrows
Will display the last used loadout per class by default
Squad and Platoon Improvements
Added an icon callout for friends in the Squad and Platoon windows
Leaders names are now highlighted and have an icon callout in squad and voice chat listings
Added a drop down option for the platoon leader to set a member of their squad as the leader of that squad
Squad members in vehicles now display an icon to denote that status. This icon is color coded (green for open slots, grey for none) to show if the vehicle is full or has more room for passengers/gunners.
Squad Browser Improvements
We’ve made several additions to the squad screen, including:
Continent column and Continent filter
Outfit Tag column
Squad Leader column
Description text will now show platoon subsquad coloring and information
Page number display
Squad Manager Improvements
We’ve made several additions to the squad management screen, including:
Battle Rank column
Location column (in meters or continent name depending on if you’re on the same continent)
Outfit tag column
Vehicle icon callout if the player is in a vehicle
An area to drag and drop a member to create a platoon
Toggle to show the outfit tag of the squad leader

Quick Action Menu Polish
Increased tracking speeds for vehicles and infantry.
This should keep the menu in the center of the screen and track on the target much faster. Having the menu stay in the middle of the screen will make it much easier to select the menu option of your choice.
Control should not be inverted if mouse control is inverted

Other Miscellaneous Improvements
Experience reward text will still appear, even when an experience threshold has been hit
Revives remove the death stat received
Cached several UI menus to decrease load times
When clicking on the Squad Deploy or Instant Action button, the map will move to show you where you’ll spawn
Region Names will display when mousing over a waypoint HUD indicator
Expired Bundles in the Depot will no longer display
Made a visibility pass on NC vehicle HUDs to help them stand out better against Indar environments

Bug Fixes
Fixed common pool weapons displaying faction icons in the depot
Fixed an issue causing the fire mode on the weapon stats UI to be too small to read
Fixed incorrect text strings displaying on faction specific weapons
Fixed an exploit that allowed players to circumvent visions restrictions with aiming down sights by activating the scoreboard or not drawing the HUD
Fixed missing vehicle weapon utilities and ammo attachment certs missing from the VR zone
Turret and vehicle IFF indicators will now hide themselves when you don’t have line of sight

Facility/Environment Updates
AP Phalanx Turret Changes
Xiphos Anti-Personnel Phalax Turrets
Increased maximum turn speed for quicker aiming
Will now fire empire colored tracers (instead of always being yellow)

Bug Fixes
Fix for issues causing the environment and other assets to flicker in and out of view
Ammo towers should properly render in the VR training zone
Players should no longer be able to get inside collision at certain areas of the Tawrich Tech Plant
Jump pads as the spawn room of the Peris Amp Station should now work correctly
Fixed the missing SCU shield generator at Mani Bio Lab

biggest things for me, buff for skyguards, nerf for bursters (range, COF and cost to pull max), HSNV general nerf, Thermal nerf (to a lesser extent), shotty nerfs. O that and max rank repair gun now disarms mines

Also, try putting them in lists (with bullets) helps with readability

MrBig

The Jackhammer’s burst fire mode now has unique properties. It will fire at double the fire rate of the semi-auto fire mode, with the weapon needing to be chambered after each burst. In addition, the default magazine size of the weapon has been increased from 6 to 9 rounds. Details below.

I think this is something the battle rifles need, a burst fire mode, and one that isn't just an automatic double tap. Faster RoF and little accuracy penalty within the burst shot, but increased recoil between bursts.

Lonestar

biggest things for me, buff for skyguards, nerf for bursters (range, COF and cost to pull max), HSNV general nerf, Thermal nerf (to a lesser extent), shotty nerfs. O that and max rank repair gun now disarms mines

Also, try putting them in lists (with bullets) helps with readability

Shit, took a couple minutes to go back and put spaces between the categories. Want it prettier, go to the website.

Top Bottom