• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Looks like double xp this weekend for memorial day (Friday to Monday)

https://twitter.com/muldoonx9/status/337678024763920384

Double XP this weekend in Planetside 2! Starts tonight at midnight and ends midnight Monday. #Planetside2

edit: new decals/sales this weekend too http://imgur.com/a/panXx

CvrNrpC.png
wea1wp4.png
MH3MDzq.png

Mikey Jr.

Looks like double xp this weekend for memorial day (Friday to Monday)

https://twitter.com/muldoonx9/status/337678024763920384

FUCK YES!

I live in Canada, so I don't have memorial day holidays. What I DO have is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off by pure coincidence. Its just how my work week fell this week.

FUCKING AWESOME.

Those emblems are awesome and SOE does not need to stop that shit.

Agreed. Buying the NC one because it'll make me feel like a WWII pilot.

Darknight

Guys just updated and DLed an 8GB update since its been a while.

Now im getting crashes every time I travel for a few miles. WTF never had this issue before.

I used to play 1080P/High settings all day, evry day. Now feels like my SLI GPUs aint cutting it. Did they change shit for the worse recently?

MrBig

Guys just updated and DLed an 8GB update since its been a while.

Now im getting crashes every time I travel for a few miles. WTF never had this issue before.

I used to play 1080P/High settings all day, evry day. Now feels like my SLI GPUs aint cutting it. Did they change shit for the worse recently?

If you're playing on Mattherson you're in the middle of some very extreme conditions that the servers are having trouble keeping up with. Half of the of the VS force and most of the TR force was at the VS warpgate, the other half of VS and NC all at Scarred Mesa. 2000 players in a very condensed space is choking the system.

Darknight

If you're playing on Mattherson you're in the middle of some very extreme conditions that the servers are having trouble keeping up with. Half of the of the VS force and most of the TR force was at the VS warpgate, the other half of VS and NC all at Scarred Mesa. 2000 players in a very condensed space is choking the system.

Ah! Makes sense, I did not know that amount of players were playing on that map.

Ok feel a little better. I was feeling like my system had some issue.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lol I didn't run over anyone :p, tho I did get us stuck nearly vertical haha. Glad that we saved Indar but that was a mess by SOE with the restart messages

yeah. "We're reseting in 5 minutes"

forgets for 30 minutes

"ok, we actually meant 5 minutes....from now"

SOE really needs to stop this kind of shit. They have a few decals sexualizing and objectifying woman already. That and their creative director openly discussing taking drugs on twitter really hurts their image

Oh shut up. It's clear what the point of those decals are...

Must everything objectify women nowadays? Are women models objectifying women?

Oh shut up. It's clear what the point of those decals are...

Must everything objectify women nowadays? Are women models objectifying women?

Eh, just because it's based on decals from a historically sexist period of time, doesn't excuse it.

That said, just add versions with sexualized men and call it a day!

Lonestar

it's fun reading the PS2.com forums. So many MAD Mattherson TR and NC players :lol

Scarred Mesa Skydock:
yU6bPDk.gif

SOE really needs to stop this kind of shit. They have a few decals sexualizing and objectifying woman already. That and their creative director openly discussing taking drugs on twitter really hurts their image

e: I am not interested in pursuing a debate on this issue.

Can you link Higby's drug discussion on twitter? I remember him talking about marijuana before but it was just in regards to legalization.

MrBig

We've pushed all the way up and are taking Peris now

Can you link Higby's drug discussion on twitter? I remember him talking about marijuana before but it was just in regards to legalization.

No I will not, as I don't mean to personally attack him as he is free to do whatever he wants, I just would like to see their most public personality and social interaction platform not soliciting it.

Lonestar

well, I'm mentally firing ZOE Bursters from work. PEWPEWPEW

got One Stream on where he's at Indar Bay Point. Not sure where AT's at, besides Peris.

whew what a great Indar defense by VS, 2 hours to go from only having Ceres Biotech to taking back Peris amp and regant rock. Was a nice ~350 certs too haha

Roche

whew what a great Indar defense by VS, 2 hours to go from only having Ceres Biotech to taking back Peris amp and regant rock. Was a nice ~350 certs too haha

It was a glorious defense, we had the entirety of the TR and the VS in one Hex with the NC pushing in too.

I will admit the lock would have been compromised if it weren't for the new Lattice system preventing the TR from pushing forward.

Log in after months of not touching the game, wtf you die so much faster now. Even as a max folks just run at you and make you go poof with some of these guns. And what is the latice system? I dont see anything different about the game

Zona

Log in after months of not touching the game, wtf you die so much faster now. Even as a max folks just run at you and make you go poof with some of these guns. And what is the latice system? I dont see anything different about the game

Check the map on Indar, no more hex's.

Mikey Jr.

On Mattherson, Vanu has lost indar!!!

Finally, after what felt like a month.

They lost it.

What an amazing war that was in the past hour. The lag was terrible, but it was super fun.

Roche

They lost it.

What an amazing war that was in the past hour. The lag was terrible, but it was super fun.

Ah it was a we made a valiant effort but alas, the VS can only hold off the combined effort of two factions for so long.

I'm proud of how long we held Indar, but I don't think I want to be tied down to a continent anymore. Indar will always be the homeland in my heart, but at least now it doesn't restrict us.

Good game NC/TR

Mikey Jr.

Ah it was a we made a valiant effort but alas, the VS can only hold off the combined effort of two factions for so long.

I'm proud of how long we held Indar, but I don't think I want to be tied down to a continent anymore. Indar will always be the homeland in my heart, but at least now it doesn't restrict us.

Good game NC/TR

Yep, you pretty much had the combined efforts of TR and NC pushing you. Nothing was going to stop that force. You guys did hold onto indar for an incredible amount of time though.

They lost it.

I believe someone was spamming 44 days as the official number. Wonder who will cap it next? All I know was that I was completely starved for resources between fighting on Indar last night and earlier today.

Roche

Yep, you pretty much had the combined efforts of TR and NC pushing you. Nothing was going to stop that force. You guys did hold onto indar for an incredible amount of time though.

It led to some pretty crazy fights though so that was fun.

The TR now appear to be steam rolling the NC though so that alliance is officially ended haha.

MrBig

They're showing off esamir updates on FNO atm

WIP lattice
03vFqIJ.jpg

New facility mushroom shields that blocks all projectiles from entering or exiting. Does not stop players, vehicles, etc. Planned to launch as always-on, possibly generator controller later. These will go live with the Esamir battle flow improvements, then Amerish will get them in its update, and then Indar will get another update with them. Temporarily just using the biolab blue/hex shield visuals, planned to be NS yellow. Note that they are not dome shields, shots can be arced under them by infantry and ground vehicles, these are intended to stop libs and rocketpod ESFs from farming specific areas.

wtyX8x4.jpg

yoEvVI6.jpg

The south side of Eisa is now a designated infantry only zone via shields and walls. They're going to be using these new tools to make an effort to create more infantry zones.
OjZVk1k.jpg

Currently they have these on a lot of facilities

Walled off infantry only facilities
UMZcOCy.jpg

7GkSxbv.jpg

SioDQv8.jpg

ZDQ3pEr.jpg

More cover from the addition of more trees and rocks
tjig3zg.jpg

Gen that controls spawn shields, terminals, turrets coming to PTS soon

Walls! Glorious walls!

Not sure about the shield bubble though. Seems kind of like a janky way to curb vehicle spam. I'd rather see bases with a larger interior component.

mr_nothin

Banned
I cannot wait for that.
Seems like they're gearing up for more hacking ability type stuff, IMO.
Also, Esamir has christmas trees now :D

Walls! Glorious walls!

Not sure about the shield bubble though. Seems kind of like a janky way to curb vehicle spam. I'd rather see bases with a larger interior component.

Didnt they have things like this in PS1 though? Then you had to drain the bases' energy to power down the shields so vehicles could get in. I think it's just a different take on that and it's just a band-aid for now until they actually operate on the wound.

Hah, real classy Sony, send me an email with the notification that there's free premium until June 1st and get some exclusive decals for coming back, click the thing that shows me info and the page won't load...so now I have to reinstall the game just to see these skins.. XD

Mikey Jr.

Wow, that looks great! I am mainly an ESF pilot, but I always felt there needed to be more emphasis on the infantry v infantry gameplay. Biolabs are that, but we definitely need more. Looks like they are creating mini biolabs.

Especially good that this is on Esamir. Being infantry on Esamir is brutal.

I cannot wait for that.
Seems like they're gearing up for more hacking ability type stuff, IMO.
Also, Esamir has christmas trees now :D

Didnt they have things like this in PS1 though? Then you had to drain the bases' energy to power down the shields so vehicles could get in. I think it's just a different take on that and it's just a band-aid for now until they actually operate on the wound.

There was usually like one major base per continent that had a full bubble shield. Some had shields at the courtyard gates and some were just open.

Gotta say, double xp + lancers + tank columns = rolling in certs. Cant count how many assists I've gotten killing Prowlers, Lightnings and Sundies at Quartz ridge today

Roche

Gotta say, double xp + lancers + tank columns = rolling in certs. Cant count how many assists I've gotten killing Prowlers, Lightnings and Sundies at Quartz ridge today

Yeah we set up outside of the NC warpgate on Esamir earlier today and had a massive battle with the Goons' air and armor.

Many certs were had from the lancer squads we set up.

Top Bottom