• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| Closed Beta

Woorloog

Banned
Well, well. This is going to be an interesting game but for solo players it won't be fun.
Definetly need a group for this, too bad i don't like voice chatting... Oh, well, i can listen to people of course.

Tell me light assault can use a proper assault rifle and not just that carbine... Also, i need a scope for my weapons ASAP, can't do much with iron sights.

Atruvius

Well, well. This is going to be an interesting game but for solo players it won't be fun.
Definetly need a group for this, too bad i don't like voice chatting... Oh, well, i can listen to people of course.

Tell me light assault can use a proper assault rifle and not just that carbine... Also, i need a scope for my weapons ASAP, can't do much with iron sights.

You can buy attachments with certifications.

Sethos

Banned
Crosspost from High-Res thread.

Game looks great but I hope they work on the textures before release ( Any official word on that?), perhaps also on the skybox but otherwise it looks great.

ibd6mgdsypqCci.png

ibfMavIfTMHCeB.png

ibjISYLlPvGxfD.png

iDvRK7y8RpAuD.png

Woorloog

Banned
Does this game have FXAA on by default? It could explain the blurriness. Also why the game doesn't seem to have that many jaggies.

Woorloog

Banned
How do i rearm vehicles? Trying out Vanu quickly, their hovertank is damn great. Got many kills with it but ran out of ammo.

Jburton

Banned
How do i rearm vehicles? Trying out Vanu quickly, their hovertank is damn great. Got many kills with it but ran out of ammo.
The vehicle spawn areas have little ammo symbols on them , go there.

Any TR players on EU01 who want to join up with other Gaffers post your player name and I will add you, going online now.

I was wondering, what type of specs do you need to run this game max? Im still downloading. I have an i5, 570 card, 16gig of ram and Win7. Is that enough?

mr_nothin

Banned
I was wondering, what type of specs do you need to run this game max? Im still downloading. I have an i5, 570 card, 16gig of ram and Win7. Is that enough?

You should be ok. It'll dip to 30s in big battles but you should be good.

I'd like one if they're still going :)
Sent :)

If there's extras :)

I'd be a happy panda.
No more extras :(
:p

EDIT:
AAANNDDD IM OUT, no more keys for me :/
cametall, check your inbox

MrBig

You guys need to turn on fog shadows, it looks fantastic. You can follow the fog shadow cast off by a bio dome way off into the distance to where its cast shadow actually is

Crosspost from High-Res thread.

Game looks great but I hope they work on the textures before release ( Any official word on that?), perhaps also on the skybox but otherwise it looks great.

Yeah skybox needs a lot of work. The shadow casting clouds are nice but it's visually unimpressive when looking at the sky. They're adding weather effects in the future so we'll see then.

They had ultra settings in the tech test but they removed them when the beta started, and it seems that the beta client only goes to medium and low textures (when changing the config values only 1 and 2 have an effect). They've said that they authored the textures at a huge size and will be offering them in the client via console commands - as well as various other gpu killing effects - but that's not part of the beta.

Beta key:

Woorloog

Banned
You guys need to turn on fog shadows, it looks fantastic. You can follow the fog shadow cast off by a bio dome way off into the distance to where its cast shadow actually is

How much FPS it eats?
I reckon i can't keep it on, having issues (when more people around) with low-med settings as it is.

georgc

How do I find people to do stuff with? I've been riding solo and finding my way to the blinking "!". I'm also not finding any big battles. I guess that will come when I get into a group of people. Also, beside a medic how do I regain health?

mr_nothin

Banned
How do I find people to do stuff with? I've been riding solo and finding my way to the blinking "!". I'm also not finding any big battles. I guess that will come when I get into a group of people. Also, beside a medic how do I regain health?

If you're not a medic, then you have to run around and look for a medic. Or you can just got to a loadout terminal and resupply (this will be taken out shortly though).

If you are a medic, you can use the "F" key to heal yourself and it's also used for Aura healing other players that are around you at the same time.

Hey all, just wondering if anyone had a beta code they could give me? It would be much appreciated.

I'd really like to jump in on this beta. I've never played the original, since I was too young at it's release to even know what it was lol. But this time I'd like to join the fun. :)

Thanks!

I am on right now but going to be afk for about 30 minutes. I sent you a Outfit invite ShiningSunshine so I dont know if it will be there since your offline. Ill be on for all of tonight. Zedge just join up and send me a friend invite and I will add you to the Outfit. FusionZero is my username.

Good stuff in PS2 again. Man, it's great every time.

Definitely a very social game unlike some other MMO. People apologizing for tking me, I apologize to people for running them over. Lots of apologizing in this game.

Edit: Higby mentioned a video that was awesome. Anyone know which one he was talking about?

cametall

Maybe it's because I'm a PS2 newb (loved the original) but I feel like I never know what is going on in the grand scheme of things.

Like taking a base. I thought we were taking one, turns out the TR were. Standing outside the base I had no idea this was occurring. I thought we were totally in control.

Game needs to give the player more feedback on what is happening in their vicinity. Or at least make it more obvious because I can't see any obvious indicator something important is happening around me (such as TR taking the base).

Also can't tell where my squad mates are unless they're on my mini map. Is there a way to get them to show up on the world map? I've joined a few squads that I could never seem to find any members.

Maybe everything I'm pointing out does exist in the game, but if it does the issue is these indicators aren't immediately obvious to new players ... or at least me.

Maybe it's because I'm a PS2 newb (loved the original) but I feel like I never know what is going on in the grand scheme of things.

Like taking a base. I thought we were taking one, turns out the TR were. Standing outside the base I had no idea this was occurring. I thought we were totally in control.

Game needs to give the player more feedback on what is happening in their vicinity. Or at least make it more obvious because I can't see any obvious indicator something important is happening around me (such as TR taking the base).

Also can't tell where my squad mates are unless they're on my mini map. Is there a way to get them to show up on the world map? I've joined a few squads that I could never seem to find any members.

Maybe everything I'm pointing out does exist in the game, but if it does the issue is these indicators aren't immediately obvious to new players ... or at least me.

They discussed everything you just mentioned in the AGN TwitchTV Talk with Higby (I'd watch it on YouTube once it's up).

They plan to add a lot to the map/HUD to give use that feedback.

Any south east asians playing this game? What server are you guys on?

sucks that there's only US and European servers at the moment.

Any south east asians playing this game? What server are you guys on?

sucks that there's only US and European servers at the moment.

Probably because Korea and China have strict online policies. It's really hard to start up in that region without going through a lot of tape.

I know a lot of Japanese players played on PS1 west server.

Top Bottom