• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

I agree this game is super fun - loving it. Really want to play it on PC though - has a date been announced? Also, why can't more console games offer an FOV adjustment - even 3rd person games need FOV adjustments - warframe is the first I've seen. It can't be that hard to add an option.

Camjo-Z

Wow, I've been sleeping on Soldier and Peashooter but they are a lot of fun to play. I don't think the Zombie team even needs a sniper class with how good Soldier's assault rifle is.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I think it takes a bit too long to unlock stuff and it's random too. I'm hoping for a few more games modes, private matches, and economy rebalancing soon.
Yeah I'm really hoping for a variation on Conquest to be added. Was never really a huge fan of Rush, funneling everyone to a singular objective gets way too chaotic.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
My favorite class by far is the engineer! The only complaint I have for the game is it can take so long to unlock new characters and weapon pieces.

Maybe because I only ever buy the 20 and 40k packs!

Camjo-Z

My favorite class is the scientist. I wish they had a Garden Ops with the Plants attacking.

I'm not sure how well it would work with the way the classes are now. Pretty much all of the Plants' abilities seem designed around their playstyle of sticking to one spot and defending it, whereas the Zombies are more mobile.

Judging by the only upcoming challenge for PvZ in the achievements page, will we be getting a playlist update tomorrow? The challenge is to complete a game in the Mixed Mode playlist, and it supposedly starts tomorrow.

see5harp

I agree, time does fly, the game is a blast!
I average about 3000 a game from garden ops. But that's usually on normal mode.
Do you get more from hard mode?

I just ran a test and I did receive more points for a Hard run than a Normal one, but to be honest the points in horde mode are definitely much lower than if you just played deathmatch over and over. It's actually quite fun on Hard but Popcap definitely needs to increase the payouts.

bidguy

Banned
Judging by the only upcoming challenge for PvZ in the achievements page, will we be getting a playlist update tomorrow? The challenge is to complete a game in the Mixed Mode playlist, and it supposedly starts tomorrow.

i hope so

im getting bored of gardens and graveyards

Mindlog

According to the post-game chart I have a similar average CPM across Team Vanquish and G&G. Thing is that there's so much down-time between Team Vanquish matches and I have to play several of them to equal what I get out of a single G&G match. Garden Ops varies wildly because of teammate dependency and the slot machine.

TV has the largest percentage of points from straight completion bonuses. (-down time)
GO has the largest percentage of potential points from random events. (-consumables)
G&G has the largest percentage of points attributed to your performance. (-fewer consumables)

From my experience anyway. In the end I just switch up as desired to keep having fun. Credits come when they come. That's also why I tend to use Chomper in TV as opposed to Pea and my Electrician just as much as the Soldier. Gotta mix it up. Eventually I'll even get around to leveling the All-Star.

Hobohodo

Hey guys, I know you can't do split screen in the multiplayer mode, but is it possible for one to be playing the Multiplayer whilst another plays the Boss Mode using Smartglass?

Beast780

Was able to play for about an hour, but it was really laggy. Finally got booted from two different games. Servers are still a mess. I wish EA would just use Microsofts servers... I'm only 2K short of a new 20K sticker pack as well!

Mononoke

Banned
Playing splitscreen mode with a friend, we can't figure out how to grow plants. We go up to the pots and press B, and there is no option to select anything. Is this broken in splitscreen?

Server experience must vary by your region because I have had nothing but fast/rock solid games. The match-making speeds I've had on this game have been faster than any other game I've played recently. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I have FiOS 30/25 connection.

This game is a bit too cheap with the coin payouts. I wish they would double the coins you get for everything. When I look at the sticker book I feel like there's no way I'm going to be able to come close to unlocking half of this stuff at the current rate.

Yuripaw

Banned
What the heck? I thought there was no mixing up team members, cuz the game is called Plants vs Zombies, but I was just playing a match of Gardens & Graveyards, and I was on the Zombies team, and there was a Zombie foot solider on the Plants team.

Friction

What the heck? I thought there was no mixing up team members, cuz the game is called Plants vs Zombies, but I was just playing a match of Gardens & Graveyards, and I was on the Zombies team, and there was a Zombie foot solider on the Plants team.

Wow. Are you sure? Must of been a bug then. Never had this happen to me.

Really hope the player count stays high. Hope it doesn't get decimated by TitanFall.

Everyone will switch to Titanfall for sure.

What I'm hoping is that this serves as a nice break from Titanfall. I can definitely seeing myself coming back to this time to time especially if they continue to update and add content.

What packs seem to be the best?

I just bought my first 40k pack and got the fire cactus. Should I only buy the 1k for the pots/graves and 40k for the characters?

Playing splitscreen mode with a friend, we can't figure out how to grow plants. We go up to the pots and press B, and there is no option to select anything. Is this broken in splitscreen?

You have to get sticker packs first. You should start out with some free ones but you have to go open them in the sticker store first.

Miles X

I'm not switching, I'm hoping most who picked this up don't completely abandon it, they have only had it 2 weeks after all (when Titanfall comes out).

I won't switch full time till I get to rank 50 / unlock most everything.

That being said I've recently started a feud with Boogie2988 (aka Francis) and his wife on Twitter over this game to see who can get the highest number of waves complete in split screen. Thus far it has went back and forth a few times till we finished wave 19. Waiting on Team 2988's response.

Camjo-Z

I love the goofy song that plays in the gardens while the big scarecrow is dancing around before any zombies have started taking over. It makes me try even harder to keep the zombies away!

Everyone will switch to Titanfall for sure.

I'm not even getting Titanfall.

Yuripaw

Banned
Wow. Are you sure? Must of been a bug then. Never had this happen to me.

Positive. When I was playing the match, ya know how it shows the enemys on the screen by showing a little icon...I saw the zombie foot solider marked out there. I thought maybe it was a teammate, and I never knew that teammates could be marked that way, but he ended up killing me at least 3 times.

Tusk

Was wondering, has anyone gotten weapon skins for zombies? :b I usually go for the 20 or 40k packs and never got a skin before. So is it in the 10k pack or something?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Was wondering, has anyone gotten weapon skins for zombies? :b I usually go for the 20 or 40k packs and never got a skin before. So is it in the 10k pack or something?

I got 2 skins For zombies today, which are my first skins for weps: Gold for Footsoldier Gun, Crome for Engineer Cement Blaster. They were both from the same 20k Pack.

Positive. When I was playing the match, ya know how it shows the enemys on the screen by showing a little icon...I saw the zombie foot solider marked out there. I thought maybe it was a teammate, and I never knew that teammates could be marked that way, but he ended up killing me at least 3 times.

Yeah, I've experienced this bug before, personally, and with others. Someone in the thread a few pages back seemed as if they had it happen on accident once, and then were able to replicate it intentionally later on. Seems like maybe it's a glitch? Maybe it's a preview of how the "Mixed" gameplay mode will work, with certain members of each team mixed as P or Z?

I've gotten a Gold and Red skin for the All-Star and a Striped skin for the Soldier. All were from the 20k pack.

jond76

Banned
I'm not switching, I'm hoping most who picked this up don't completely abandon it, they have only had it 2 weeks after all (when Titanfall comes out).

I'm getting Titanfall but I will definitely keep playing this. It took me forever to stop playing the welcome mat to see what else there was. That's how much fun I've been having with this.

Garden Ops can net big coins if you survive.

This game is so fun.

I honestly question how much longevity the game really has even without Titanfall.

I mean the game is barely a week old and almost every match already devolves into Pea Shooters & Cacti vs. Soldiers. It gets really annoying and boring really fast. I just can't see myself playing this game long term with the balance as jacked up as it is, even with the free DLC.

Maybe if PopCap makes some changes to certain things it will add life to the game but as of now I can't see too many people staying attached.

Sydle

I think Major Nelson's Twitch stream of this game just sold me on it.

Have the server issues been worked out? Is it pretty stable now?

Rizzi

I got it on the weekend, and haven't had an issue with the servers.
Australian though, so I dunno if that's the same for everyone.

Also just unlocked the toxic pea shooter. This class is amazing.

I've gotten at least 5 skins for the Foot Soldier and one for the Engineer.

I'm hoping they patch it and balance it out so you see more diversity in the teams.

Edit: Also, I've only been buying 20k packs. They seem to be the best unless you just want characters.

Edit 2: The All Star is a pain in the ass to play as.

BlindRage

I think it's impossible to get one of those super boss waves, have been trying to get it since last night and 20+ garden ops matches later and I still have not gotten the same boss on the slots, great.

-_-

Top Bottom