• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

I've had 2 super boss waves so far ._. Also got a 10k jackpot! was awesome!

Unlocking new characters takes soooooo long though >.< I have the ice pea, super commando and hockey player.

Anion

Is there a way to see level progress? I have been stuck on 7 for a while. Do you do the tasks to raise levels???
You have to do the tasks to level up as far as I'm aware. I think each character has 10 individual levels, so I'm assuming that the highest potential player level is like 80! Also, if you level up a character to 10, I believe you unlock a special character that you can't get through the card packs.

BlindRage

What difficulty were you guys playing on? After beating it on crazy I have just been trying private normal to get to the boss wave fast. Hasn't worked yet

What difficulty were you guys playing on? After beating it on crazy I have just been trying private normal to get to the boss wave fast. Hasn't worked yet

I've gotten them in normal and hard while playing online. It's pretty common -- think I've gotten a super boss battle in like a third of the Garden Ops matches I've played.

Gonna go out on a limb and say Super Yeti is the worst. Hell, normal Yeti's are a pain in the grass even without raisin the difficulty, an army of them is just nuts. I wood not ever choose to face them again if I could. They peeled through our potato mines with ease and planted us in place with their freeze attacks, making us easy pickings because they wouldn't lettuce revive each other. Had to leaf and cool off before I could bark another curse from my tulips.

I do hold myself parsley responsible for the team wipe though. I was the healer and when I died and tried to use a revive I realized I hadn't botany.

Kyzon

Hope that's not designed for a future "coin doubler" to be added later.

I'm 100% positive that's designed so people will have incentive to buy coins/card packs in the near future.

I've been trying to find a party to play Garden Ops on Crrrraaazy mode. No luck at all between me ending up hosting an empty game, and EA disconnects. :/

Gonna go out on a limb and say Super Yeti is the worst. Hell, normal Yeti's are a pain in the grass even without raisin the difficulty, an army of them is just nuts. I wood not ever choose to face them again if I could. They peeled through our potato mines with ease and planted us in place with their freeze attacks, making us easy pickings because they wouldn't lettuce revive each other. Had to leaf and cool off before I could bark another curse from my tulips.

I do hold myself parsley responsible for the team wipe though. I was the healer and when I died and tried to use a revive I realized I hadn't botany.

Ha

It's too early in the morning for this kind of wittiness

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Can someone explain to me why MS allows EA to use their own shit ass servers? Why am I paying for Live?

Second, why isn't there a mute every last person on Earth option? Can I completely disable mics somewhere on a system level? I dont want to listen to other players, ever.

Finally, nerf the soldier. With his accuracy, mobility and overall firepower theres no reason to play as the All Star.

Second, why isn't there a mute every last person on Earth option? Can I completely disable mics somewhere on a system level? I dont want to listen to other players, ever.

Look through your privacy settings on the console or Xbox.com. There will be an option to disable communication with everyone that isn't your friend.

Finally, nerf the soldier. With his accuracy, mobility and overall firepower theres no reason to play as the All Star.

Some could say the same thing about the Engineer or Scientist. They're fine.

derFeef

I think the All Star is the weakest class. He could be good with some direct healing but that's not there for the zombies.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Maybe it isnt soldier that needs to be nerfed (though it seems that way because its about the only class I fight against), maybe its just that the All Star needs a buff.

I rarely play him because hes just so slow and his regular gun doesn't seem anymore powerful than anyone elses. He not great ranged and his dash attack and high health suggest he needs to be in close yet hes so slow that getting there can be tough and once you do that gun of his wont help as much as say the scientists.

All-Star is definitely the weakest Zombie class, but I feel he's at his best when attacking from mid to long ranges I use his Sprint Tackle, along with Shields, to get out of sticky situations rather than being on the offensive with it.

Kyzon

I'm so happy they have "Side Specific" packs now.
Ever since I found out you can switch teams, I've been playing only chomper.

It's hard as hell trying to get these challenges though.

I gotta destroy 10 heal stations and all star shields.

I haven't even seen an all star on any mode :(

All-Star is probably the weakest class in the game right now. The Soldier is better in just about every way but health. Does more damage, more accurate, much better mobility, etc.

I'm sure we'll see some class balancing soon.

Tusk

Thanks for answering my question the other day guys. :b Like an hour after asking, I got like 2 weapon skins for Astronaut. also, loving these new packs.

I got the super commando class this morning. I don't think it's very good though.

Mindlog

I'm so happy they have "Side Specific" packs now.
Ever since I found out you can switch teams, I've been playing only chomper.

It's hard as hell trying to get these challenges though.

I gotta destroy 10 heal stations and all star shields.

I haven't even seen an all star on any mode :(
Found a Super Rare pack that had 10x objective skips.

After toying with All Star. I would like to see what two charges would do for the class.

Kyzon

Found a Super Rare pack that had 10x objective skips.

After toying with All Star. I would like to see what two charges would do for the class.

You lucky bum!

All Star is actually pretty fun to me. The main gun is balls imo, but I love tackling folks

MajorPain

Thinking about picking this one up tonight. Bored waiting for Titanfall. Does this game have a healthy population of players? Do you think it will last?

pacman85

Loving the game so far. There are a few balancing issues that I am sure will get worked out eventually. I, like others, hope that there are still people playing this game once Titanfall comes out. I am getting that but don't know if I will be able to pry myself away from this awesome game. I haven't really experienced crazy bad lag or disconnects like it seems like a lot of others have had. I only got disconnected from a game once. In the southern central USA.

MajorPain

Loving the game so far. There are a few balancing issues that I am sure will get worked out eventually. I, like others, hope that there are still people playing this game once Titanfall comes out. I am getting that but don't know if I will be able to pry myself away from this awesome game. I haven't really experienced crazy bad lag or disconnects like it seems like a lot of others have had. I only got disconnected from a game once. In the southern central USA.

Thanks! I think I will pick it up tonight. Just wish someone on my favorites list already had it.

MrBlonde

Thanks for answering my question the other day guys. :b Like an hour after asking, I got like 2 weapon skins for Astronaut. also, loving these new packs.

I got the super commando class this morning. I don't think it's very good though.

Theres new packs? I am dieing to get all the weapon upgrades and unlock some characters but it takes a while to save for the 20k packs, I think ive bought 4 so far.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
New Content for the game today seems to be:

Mixed Mode Playlist: Team Vanquish X Gardens and Graveyards mode.
Specific Packs for Each Team:
  • Incredi-Plant Pack
  • Vengeful Zomboss Pack
These are basically all P or Z versions of the Supremium pack. Cost 20k, give 9 cards, same kind of item likelihood.

Kyzon

I got a skip challenge x10 in the new plant pack, very happy with that!

I just got a skip 7 in it. Took my Chomper to level 10 with that.
Toxic chomper is weird to say the least.
I don't understand how much I'm (not?) damaging enemies.

Damnit I can't stop playing this game. I've already earned 400,000 coins total :D I mostly buy 1k or 20k packs. Probably going to go for the Zombie 20k packs now! Really want that Soldier variant with the cannon, or the marine biologist!

Ecto311

Gt ecto311 usually playing during the week Tuesday to Thursday whenever and all modes. Game is tons better than I thought it would be. Probably going to abandon it for titanfall though

I always try to mix up the class I play especially if everyone is peashooter and foot soldier.

All-Star, at least for the rugby zombie class needs a small damage boost on his main weapon, the travel time hitting moving targets is hard enough but when foot soldier can out DPS him at any range with much faster shots it's a bit upsetting, especially when supreme commander has a rifle version of the all-stars weapon style (bottomless clip, overheats)

His charge and imp are good but once you use them you are sod out of luck.

His weapon feels better once you get a power upgrade on it, otherwise foot soldier out does him from every angle.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Anyone else notice after update on xbox one doesn't auto invite party members into a game. Before when starting a game with my brother he would get an invite to join my game, now doesn't give him any invite :(

Since you can browse games this is gonna suck ass.

Anyone else notice after update on xbox one doesn't auto invite party members into a game. Before when starting a game with my brother he would get an invite to join my game, now doesn't give him any invite :(

Since you can browse games this is gonna suck ass.

"Xbox snap party"
<select option that 'Invite Party to Game'>
<Done.>

The new characters, are they just different skins? I unlocked the Biologist and astronaut. They play exactly the same as the others, only difference is shooting dolphins etc instead of the regular

Also, I think Plants>>>Zombies

something needs to be done about that

Amneisac

Any splitscreen impressions? I'm thinking of getting this to play with my wife, but it's going to require buying another controller, so I want to make sure it's okay. Is the performance good and can you still tell what's going on in split screen? Can you still access multiple game modes and stuff in splitscreen?

Thanks!

Feltrol

Banned
Any splitscreen impressions? I'm thinking of getting this to play with my wife, but it's going to require buying another controller, so I want to make sure it's okay. Is the performance good and can you still tell what's going on in split screen? Can you still access multiple game modes and stuff in splitscreen?

Thanks!

As far as I know, Splitscreen is only for Garden Ops.

Top Bottom