• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare |OT| Prepare for Gardenful of War

Any splitscreen impressions? I'm thinking of getting this to play with my wife, but it's going to require buying another controller, so I want to make sure it's okay. Is the performance good and can you still tell what's going on in split screen? Can you still access multiple game modes and stuff in splitscreen?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's only for Garden Ops. Played it with my girlfriend (who never plays games), and she loved it. Performance is decent, and it's a pretty fun time.

Playing garden ops with my little nephew using the smartglass to support us from the sky, really nice little extra feature and shows how smartglass can be useful.

Servers are taking a dump though, so laggy I was stuck on a loading screen for the final wave on normal.

pacman85

Any splitscreen impressions? I'm thinking of getting this to play with my wife, but it's going to require buying another controller, so I want to make sure it's okay. Is the performance good and can you still tell what's going on in split screen? Can you still access multiple game modes and stuff in splitscreen?

Thanks!
The only downside I have found with splitscreen (no performance issues at all) is that the second player can't earn achievements or level up a character or really get any type of progression. They do have the option to pick from all the characters I have unlocked though so they aren't stuck with a crappy character to start with.

What is with these servers today, it's half 5 in the evening and I am getting lag and stuck on loading screens for up to a minute, terrible.

I also respawned with no skills at all, not even icons

SuperPac

What is with these servers today, it's half 5 in the evening and I am getting lag and stuck on loading screens for up to a minute, terrible.

I also respawned with no skills at all, not even icons

That's happened to me as well - I've spawned with no skills back to Rank 1 and had it forget challenge progress separately too. :\

I finally solved my Garden Ops problem - couldn't get into games because of a strict NAT on my Apple router.

Kyzon

Worst thing that happened to me was the entire other team spawned "invisible"

I couldn't see anyone, only where the shots were coming from. And then I got DC'd

bidguy

Banned
man i must have spent 40k to get skip challenge on the 1000 pack and i only got 2

atleast i have enough plants and zombies to spawn

CCIE

Banned
Any word yet on PS4 version? I don't want to taint my Macbook Pro laptop with Windows 8. Not port begging... it is definitely coming. Just wanted to know when

Mindlog

I buy 1k mainly for revives, team retries and heal pots.

Back to back x10 skips from Plant Packs. It's power leveling.

A coin doubler would be really bad for the game. Joining near the and of a match maximizes your CPM. I've had over 3000 doing it accidentally. With a coin doubler no doubt some players would take advantage of that and just keep join/dropping matches to get the most use out of it. I'm hoping they stick to the Mass Effect parallels and sell the packs. That's the most unobtrusive and balanced micro-transaction model I've ever seen implemented in a game I enjoy.

I just got a skip 7 in it. Took my Chomper to level 10 with that.
Toxic chomper is weird to say the least.
I don't understand how much I'm (not?) damaging enemies.
How do you use those cards?

I got the Future Cactus in a 40k, thing rocks, the charge shot is good for taking down gravestones in Garden Ops

Pollux

After level 3 and unlocking all the different moves does it really make any difference to your character to keep leveling them?

Mdk7

My fanart is progressing... :B
It's just that as soon as i have free time, i feel like playing the game instead of drawing, LOL!

Bh_oHqfCUAApsV7.png

derFeef

Ah yes sorry, you get cosmetic stuff for leveling up.

Anyway, I just encountered an Engineer with an "Airgun" oh boy that thing is powerful...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's just that as soon as i have free time, i feel like playing the game instead of drawing, LOL!

Bh_oHqfCUAApsV7.png
*know that feeling, ha* These are really coming along! The green background really helps them pop more too, and the character designs seem very fitting for the style.

Of course, now you know you'll have to add class variants too, haha. FUTURE CACTUS! And accessories!

Any word on when this is coming to PC?? I like it on my xbone, but I'd prefer to play shooters on my PC.

Official Website says Spring 2014. That's the only news so far. I doubt they'll speak much about it for now.

Anion

Bh_oHqfCUAApsV7.png
Wow. Dude, I saw that was retweeted by PvZ twitter account! Nice work man. Nice to know a gaffer was behind it

Kyzon

I think I'm burning myself out of this game. I've taken my Chomper to level 11 and my Sunflower is level 9 (bout to get Metal Sunflower :3)
I don't enjoy the other classes enough to invest in them though, and I've completely given up on Zombies (I switch to plant class every match)

Bsigg12

I think I'm burning myself out of this game. I've taken my Chomper to level 11 and my Sunflower is level 9 (bout to get Metal Sunflower :3)
I don't enjoy the other classes enough to invest in them though, and I've completely given up on Zombies (I switch to plant class every match)

Hopefully they start pushing some of the new gametypes in the next couple weeks. They're free so that'll be nice.

Kyzon

Hopefully they start pushing some of the new gametypes in the next couple weeks. They're free so that'll be nice.

It's debatable on if Titanfall will allow me to go to another game then XD

I think I may be burning out since I haven't played with any friends or gaffers though.
I'm just going solo

Bsigg12

It's debatable on if Titanfall will allow me to go to another game then XD

I think I may be burning out since I haven't played with any friends or gaffers though.
I'm just going solo

This will become my wind down game once Titanfall comes out so I have something to relieve the insanity of Titans falling. Playing with a group of friends really does help make the game even better.

What does "Finish a game in the Mixed game type" mean?
Two rounds on one map? A whole set of all gamemodes?

Complete both game modes in a session (G&G and Team Vanquish) I believe. I just hoped on and played for an hour and ended up getting it pretty early.

Mdk7

*know that feeling, ha* These are really coming along! The green background really helps them pop more too, and the character designs seem very fitting for the style.

Of course, now you know you'll have to add class variants too, haha. FUTURE CACTUS! And accessories!

NO FUCKING WAY! :'D
Jokes aside, i'm having tons of fun doing this, but i seriously have very little time (and lots of other ideas in mind, like putting that Titanfall fanart on Qwertee!).
I do want to finish this anyway, and maybe make 4 little pieces dedicated to each class.
I have an idea on where to take the final composition, we'll see.

Thanks for the support guys, i do appreciate!
And Agent AA1... Yes, Popcap retweeted me, those guys are super easy and fun and i love them even more (they actually asked me to add freckles to the sunflower, LOL!).

After reading about how relaxing and fun this game was here, I went ahead and picked it up. I had virtually no interest/exposure to it beforehand, but I am addicted now!

I really enjoy how the different "classes" play differently but are instantly approachable by anyone. I play lots of Battlefield as well, but this is just such a great game to unwind with. It is also surprisignly deep, and a team with strategy really does make a difference.

It kills me that this didn't get more focus / advertising as it really does seem like it could be a killer app for both the Xbox One and EA, and both of them could honestly use some good moves after recent stumbles.

Banned
I'm enjoying this alot but really struggling to find a good way to play as the Sunflower in Team Vanquish. I either feel like I should sit back and just play a good support role which doesn't really tally well in the final stats or attach myself to a Pea Shooter (#nerfthepea) or a Cactus player. It's rare I find myself in a game with a group of players who play as a team though.

Contrary to everyone in the last few pages I love playing as the All Star. More people should pick this game up it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Top Bottom