• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Bo_Hazem

Banned
well informed than me. I just enjoy audio. ;)
Also, I think the platinum is superior to the pulse 3d. I think it may be that theres a driver size difference? The platinum has a fuller sound and 3d positions are much easier to point out. And it’s noticeable too. We’ll see on PS5 I guess

Yes, Pulse 3D is 40mm according to IGN review vs Platinum's 50mm. I'll buy the next platinum, I think, unless it gets extremely favored over Pulse 3D.

Last edited:

splattered

SUPER fuckin' happy to see the BC performance videos on the main speculation thread, Days Gone at locked 60 is what i wanted. Sony should stop saying "At up to 60fps" because it sounds negative. Just say 60fps! Who cares if it drops a frame our two here or there. May have to pick up the PS5 sooner rather than later now!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
SUPER fuckin' happy to see the BC performance videos on the main speculation thread, Days Gone at locked 60 is what i wanted. Sony should stop saying "At up to 60fps" because it sounds negative. Just say 60fps! Who cares if it drops a frame our two here or there. May have to pick up the PS5 sooner rather than later now!

You fuckers holding on playing Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, and all the good games to play them on PS5. I fucking envy you!

giphy.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm pretty glad I waited! I still haven't even played Red Dead Redemption 2 yet and am hoping for a massive next-gen version.

For RDR2 it's boring as fuck most of the time, but I would suggest waiting for next gen patch as Rockstar are infamous for milking their IP's. I find it hard to reply any PS4 game that I've beaten, 99% won't touch any. Going forward and looking forward for the bright future of gaming!

Grinchy

Banned
For RDR2 it's boring as fuck most of the time, but I would suggest waiting for next gen patch as Rockstar are infamous for milking their IP's. I find it hard to reply any PS4 game that I've beaten, 99% won't touch any. Going forward and looking forward for the bright future of gaming!
I have read a lot of impressions saying it's boring, along with others who seem to like it a lot. I think with GTA not having a new entry since 2013, I'm just itching for that formula again. I'd probably end up liking it well enough.

But yeah I can't wait to finally play Ghost and Days Gone for the first time at 4K/60.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I have read a lot of impressions saying it's boring, along with others who seem to like it a lot. I think with GTA not having a new entry since 2013, I'm just itching for that formula again. I'd probably end up liking it well enough.

But yeah I can't wait to finally play Ghost and Days Gone for the first time at 4K/60.

The most boring part of RDR2 to me it's being insultingly easy, so that makes traversal very boring and most things wear off pretty quickly. It's around 8/10 to me because of boring parts, but it's a very good game and you must play it. Also graphics were a bit shit and blurry and HDR is the shittiest in gaming ever on PS4 Pro at least. So not sure what happened since I played it day one and what updates done. But wait for next gen upgrade for RDR2 to fully appreciate it as it looks sick on PC at Ultra.

Ghost of Tsushima is my second best game of all time behind GOW, and Days Gone is in the top 5-10 of all time as well. I say of all time because I give zero fucks to older games that I've enjoyed previously like replying MGS1 17 times and MGS2 21 times doesn't make them enter my 50 top games. New games, new ranking. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

ToadMan

Well there’s refunds and litigation.

Sony has already had some actions filed against it so I don’t blame them for being cautious.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Well there’s refunds and litigation.

Sony has already had some actions filed against it so I don’t blame them for being cautious.

Sony fans are extremely demanding, so they ask for refunds and make a riot for anything. Unlike the comfy ride in the xbox division that have their fans doing damage control even for an obvious think as how Halo Infinite looked for example.

You pay money, then demand your money's worth.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Well I’ll give the other view - I think RDR 2 is a masterpiece and easily a 10/10.

I love it because it can be slow moving and let’s the player relax - a lot of games won’t take that risk. To me it’s a better “roleplaying experience” than most RPGs because you can take your time to just be in the world in a realistic way.

You have to play it in that frame of mind I think - like a brooding western epic, not an action flick with a shoot out every 2 minutes.

For that reason I loved it more. I hate it when epic games feel small and there’s action pushed in your face like a Michael Bey movie.

What I will say though is I felt the main story was over long by the end and that got dull for me.

My memory of the game is a feeling more than specific story elements.

ToadMan

I never knew that TI can be used for AA. That's really interesting.

Feel sorry for those guys on Twitter trying to set people straight who just don’t want to know.

Still it’s this kind of information that DF is good for.

I don’t need to hear them apologising for why a game looks bad or explaining how it’ll be patched to look better, but I still value the straight technical information they can provide.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Well I’ll give the other view - I think RDR 2 is a masterpiece and easily a 10/10.

I love it because it can be slow moving and let’s the player relax - a lot of games won’t take that risk. To me it’s a better “roleplaying experience” than most RPGs because you can take your time to just be in the world in a realistic way.

You have to play it in that frame of mind I think - like a brooding western epic, not an action flick with a shoot out every 2 minutes.

For that reason I loved it more. I hate it when epic games feel small and there’s action pushed in your face like a Michael Bey movie.

What I will say though is I felt the main story was over long by the end and that got dull for me.

My memory of the game is a feeling more than specific story elements.

You don't fucking know me, lol. I opened nearly every fucking closet/cabinet on Days Gone, same with RDR2. Spent 250+hours on AC Odyssey, 450+ hours on The Witcher 3, 100+ on Death Stranding. I really like to enjoy every bit of the game. My major problem with RDR2 is being very easy, also coming from RDR1 that simply made me cry so hard at the end. It was that immersive and stayed as my best game of all time for like 1-2 years back then.

Last edited:

ToadMan

You don't fucking know me, lol. I opened nearly every fucking closet/cabinet on Days Gone, same with RDR2. Spent 250+hours on AC Odyssey, 450+ hours on The Witcher 3, 100+ on Death Stranding. I really like to enjoy every bit of the game. My major problem with RDR2 is being very easy, also coming from RDR1 that simply made me cry so hard at the end. It was that immersive and stayed as my best game of all time for like 1-2 years back then.

Hehe. You see I didn’t do all that stuff in RDR 2 but I did spend a lot of time playing poker in town and out in the wilderness camping, cooking and drinking coffee!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hehe. You see I didn’t do all that stuff in RDR 2 but I did spend a lot of time playing poker in town and out in the wilderness camping, cooking and drinking coffee!

Did lots of hunting and cooking and pimping my camp. But those fuckers are worthless and deserve shit. No matter how much you pour on them, they are ungrateful fuckers and it should at least reward you with some hidden missions or collectables. I think I've spent more than 100+ on RDR2, and tried to explore every house/hut in there and you come across some well-crafted surprises. Being Robocop and absorbing so much bullets without dying is just an immersion killer to me. RDR was so punishing and rewarding, with far better story as well.

xacto

You fuckers holding on playing Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, and all the good games to play them on PS5. I fucking envy you!

giphy.gif

I've been going through Ghost of Tsushima for a while now, but made it into Act II and got sucked into Legends; but this is a game which deserves a NG+ on PS5; I was also wondering if we will see some controller magic in GoT on PS5?

Also Days Gone, finished it, but I still have a ton of side quests, so back into it I will go 😄

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I was also wondering if we will see some controller magic in GoT on PS5?

I don't think we are getting real DualSense features (or 3d audio for that matter) from any PS4 BC. Only if a real PS5 patch ever came out for a game would we get it; and Sony seems content to just do BC and full remakes/remasters.

xacto

Still, you don't really play RDR 2 because it might give you some competition edge, it's a fully story-driven trip, and it's a beautiful one. Slow-paced and intentionally so.

Days Gone, that game deserves some love, it's amazing and people who missed it should really, really go play it. It flew a bit under the radar, but it's a gem. Nothing replaces being killed for the first time by the first horde you encounter 🤣

Speaking of AC games, I am going yet again through Origins, then finish the last bits of Odyssey; as I know myself (even though I said to myself I will not do it), I will also jump into Valhalla and Watch Dogs. I think I need some help for addiction here 🥺

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Still, you don't really play RDR 2 because it might give you some competition edge, it's a fully story-driven trip, and it's a beautiful one. Slow-paced and intentionally so.

Days Gone, that game deserves some love, it's amazing and people who missed it should really, really go play it. It flew a bit under the radar, but it's a gem. Nothing replaces being killed for the first time by the first horde you encounter 🤣

Speaking of AC games, I am going yet again through Origins, then finish the last bits of Odyssey; as I know myself (even though I said to myself I will not do it), I will also jump into Valhalla and Watch Dogs. I think I need some help for addiction here 🥺

Finished the whole game, and most if not all side missions. It's a good game, but wished it was harder. Rockstar games usually have great difficulty, not sure what happened there. Traversal is shit without that difficulting, and you'll gain 1 pound of muscle mashing that X to gallop.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Heh; I played the shit out of Infamous Second Son and then got back into PC gaming hardcore and my consoles took a backseat.

But I really dig playing on console, even trying to watch more cutscenes.. most still suck though lol

Days Gone is super cringe early on but then has some great cut scenes once you get into it. I still get so bored with everything related to his wife though.

Last edited:
Did lots of hunting and cooking and pimping my camp. But those fuckers are worthless and deserve shit. No matter how much you pour on them, they are ungrateful fuckers and it should at least reward you with some hidden missions or collectables. I think I've spent more than 100+ on RDR2, and tried to explore every house/hut in there and you come across some well-crafted surprises. Being Robocop and absorbing so much bullets without dying is just an immersion killer to me. RDR was so punishing and rewarding, with far better story as well.
I couldn't agree more. RDR is such a timeless masterpiece, vastly superior to RDR2. It was such an experience to play and one of my favorite games of all time. RDR2 was just.. I mean, it's well made, but it was just so disappointing to me compared to the first game.

I really didn't care for the protagonist, I don't even remember his name! Also, I think the story was much worse than the first game, and I had the constant feeling of "ok ok cool.. But when is it getting good?"

Also, hunting and other activities felt like a meaningless chore with no reward or payoff compared to the first game.

Codeblew

It starts out a bit slow but picks up after chapter 3 if I remember correctly. I loved the game. I wish there was a NG+ mode.

xacto

Well, something I will not waste time on, but it's sad, or the guy who wrote that (Ian Walker?) has probably some issues he needs to take care of ASAP, if that simple summary made by Vito Gesualdi is anything to go by.

I didn't like Kotaku much since Jason Schreier's days, and I still don't like them. Or Jason much, for that matter.

Lemondish

My favourite part about the Kotaku review is the part where they say people shouldn't be excited for it because America is sad right now.

Why is Ian Walker such a little bitch?

His rant is so random. Imagine having a conversation with this guy?

"Hey Ian, which city/town did you grow up in?"

Ian Walker: "As I’m replying to you, it looks very likely that Joe Biden will be our next president. But it’s clear that the worst people aren’t going away just because a new old white man is sitting behind the Resolute desk—well, at least not this old white man. Our government is fundamentally broken in a way that necessitates radical change rather than incremental electorialism."

Mr Hyde

Here's my top 5 reasons to not be excited about the PS5:

* Ehh...
* Uhmm...
* Hmmm... maybe...
* What if...?
* Sigh...

Nope, couldn't find any.

Top Bottom