• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nothing to do with PS5. I was looking through the Mark Cerny patents and discovered he was also involved with the PS3. I'm not sure if this was widely known, just thought some might find it interesting.

Yes in the Road to PS4, watch it. He said he was very happy to make it exotic and hard to develop for and only high end devs can do, but that made them extract top devs like ND and others!

DrDamn

You will be playing the ps4 version of hitman 3 if you want to play in Vr, weird but sadly no workaround yet.

Are they including it in with the PS5 version? It's really not clear. You can go to the PSN Store search for Hitman 3 and select the PS5 version specifically and it says "PSVR Enabled". Not also included the PS4 version and that does PSVR. Or will the PS5 version somehow include the PS4 version within it and default to that for PSVR?

My point is not that this is wrong, this is right, it's more that there is no clarity on how this is done.

reksveks

Are they including it in with the PS5 version? It's really not clear. You can go to the PSN Store search for Hitman 3 and select the PS5 version specifically and it says "PSVR Enabled". Not also included the PS4 version and that does PSVR. Or will the PS5 version somehow include the PS4 version within it and default to that for PSVR?

My point is not that this is wrong, this is right, it's more that there is no clarity on how this is done.
Sadly predicting that you will have to download both sku's :(

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but anyone have any recommendation on what charging cable to get for the DualSense? I need a 3m cable, lol. So I can play and charge.
Preferably from amazon(Germany). :messenger_grimmacing_

I am surprised at the extremely loud sounds from the UHD blu ray drive in the PS5 when loading games, playing games. Why does the disc spin when games are being played? Isn't the disc just for installation and initial authentication? Also Yong Yea is the one who pointed it out and said in comparison with Series X which is ultra quiet when discs are loaded in it's drive. This is disappointing if true, especially since in the teardown they said they've some vibration dampers or something to eliminate sounds and vibration.

Zadom

I planned on using my Bose Q35 ii headphones connected to the controller, but in the IGN review of the Pulse headset they said when it is wired to controller you lose surround sound. Anyone have any thoughts on a nice headset wired to controller vs Pulse?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I am surprised at the extremely loud sounds from the UHD blu ray drive in the PS5 when loading games, playing games. Why does the disc spin when games are being played? Isn't the disc just for installation and initial authentication?

They are both DRM and installing games. I can't be sure about Xbox Series X, but if I remember right Xbox used to be more 'always online' console than any other, so this can be some sort of advance even if you put the disc maybe the console require less DRM from the disc and look more into online things.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I planned on using my Bose Q35 ii headphones connected to the controller, but in the IGN review of the Pulse headset they said when it is wired to controller you lose surround sound. Anyone have any thoughts on a nice headset wired to controller vs Pulse?

They weren't testing on PS5, I guess? Or maybe DS only supports 2.0 channel for the tempest but not simulated 7.1 channel on games that don't support the tempest.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Got in touch with customer support today regarding my PS5 pre-order. She said that the console is definitely gonna arrive early December, or at the latest in mid December. I'm in the second batch of pre-orders. Feels good to know that it finally is coming. Just gotta have patience.

No worries mate! I'll be sure to make you suffer while waiting when I get mine by 20th with screenshots and so. :messenger_smiling_horns:

xacto

PS5 Spiderman Remastered Gameplay!

Damn, that looks good! But that fluidity at 60 FPS, man... I might give up those ray-traced goodies for the smoothness and responsiveness of it.

Is it just my impression or does it look we have increased traffic and pedestrians in performance mode? Definitely I will pick up this title and MM to play on PS5 since I never played the original Spider-Man on PS4.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Damn, that looks good! But that fluidity at 60 FPS, man... I might give up those ray-traced goodies for the smoothness and responsiveness of it.

Is it just my impression or does it look we have increased traffic and pedestrians in performance mode? Definitely I will pick up this title and MM to play on PS5 since I never played the original Spider-Man on PS4.

It's increased in all modes, it's mostly on par with MM. I'll do some screenshots, the source is pretty clean.

Is anyone else considering selling their PSVR because of how Sony chose to handle it on the PS5? No more VR games for at least 2 years is very discouraging and i never was able to get that adapter submission form to work... kept giving me red errors. Luckily 99% of the VR games i bought (10-15?) have been physical so i can sell them with the hardware. We mostly only really use it for Beat Saber anymore so i guess we could do without it until PSVR2 or an Xbox VR solution comes out... i dunno

If anything I might dedicate a "PSVR" TV where it's literally just there behind my other stuff running on a PS4 Pro for VR.

I have the flight stick and wheel for GT Sport and Squadrons, etc... can't pass up having that in VR.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Screenshots being cooked! Taken from Tom Warren's video of Spider-Man Remastered on PS5:

(Note: These are video stills, not photo mode)

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-21h59m11s646.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h00m02s433.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h12m58s655.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h16m26s266.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h18m00s401.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h19m55s678.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h21m20s577.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h27m42s188.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-10-22h29m01s374.png

splattered

Hmm that's not a bad idea. For now we are moving the PS4 Pro and PSVR upstairs to the living room (Which is were it should be anyway because it has more space to VR) and errr the PS4 Slim i don't know where that goes for now. PS5 will be back down in our bedroom though :D

xacto

He is in the Xbox OT having a good chat about it....

So... you're getting a PS5 to review, it blows in your face and instead of going into the PS5 OT and let people know what happened, you go to the other side and let everyone know about it. That makes a lotta sense, doesn't it? Like when they got those dead boxes from Microsoft, those reviewers got in this thread and told us all about it, right?

So... you're getting a PS5 to review, it blows in your face and instead of going into the PS5 OT and let people know what happened, you go to the other side and let everyone know about it. That makes a lotta sense, doesn't it? Like when they got those dead boxes from Microsoft, those reviewers got in this thread and told us all about it, right?

Can we tag him so he can talk about it here?

Gediminas

Banned
not that odd. americans loves m$ for some sick reason...

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
If you ordered from Target, what’s your shipping date? Mine is on the 18th wow

Top Bottom