• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

Alebrije

Sony : Hi, we are planing to launch a 30 Anniversary PS5 PRO on gray color SO we are wonder what would be the cost of the plates and case?

Supplier : hummm ,of You want to keep the same cost as regular ones , we need a 12300 sets batch.

Sony : got it, will send You purchase order tomorrow.

And this is how de 12300 figure was born.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Sony : Hi, we are planing to launch a 30 Anniversary PS5 PRO on gray color SO we are wonder what would be the cost of the plates and case?

Supplier : hummm ,of You want to keep the same cost as regular ones , we need a 12300 sets batch.

lol they explain the 12300 number themselves.

Synastry

What? the 12300 is base on the release of the original PS1 12/03/1994 in Japan

giphy.gif

Sooner

Any modern smartphone or tablet with something like a Razer Kishi or Gamesir controller will do the same thing without having to carry around a dedicated device
Except a controller... I'm not using touch controls on my phone to play Black Myth Wukong.

And I've uses my phone (with an attachment for my DS controller) until I got the Portal. I used Vita before that and have also used SteamDeck.

The Portal just works better, feels better, the screen looks better and doesn't come with annoyances like tying up my phone.

Also, you get all the features of the DualSense controller. I was skeptical too, but I can't go back now.

Ugh, I might end up taking off work on the 26th to try to make sure I can get these.

I honestly want everything which is unfortunate as I assume the bundle is $999 and then another $199 for the Portal.

People is getting excited for Pro because of that 30th anniversary model, not for the Pro itself. Anyway that limited edition model it´s gonna be a scalper extravaganza. Yeah, i won´t lie, even if i have the money AND TIME i would jump into that one, but doesnt´mean i will jump in on the regular pro instead., for exampleThis limited edition adds tons of added value more than the regular PS5 Pro; Even if that one doesnt include disc drive, which is NUTS for a console celebrating PS history.

Last edited:
LOL only 12,300 made huh, better become one with the scalpers

Or you can uh buy some gray plastic plates for your existing PS5 for a few bucks on Aliexpress or just 3D print your own

scydrex

Maybe will get a dualsense. The edge looks nice but not paying $200. If it were $150 then yeah. Will not dream of getting a Pro 30th anniversary. Even if i could i will not. Sony prefer to include the edge and not the disk drive? The ps1 had a disc drive and they not even bother to put one in the Pro.

Last edited:

RCU005

Maybe will get a dualsense. The edge looks nice but not paying $200. If it were $150 then yeah. Will not dream of getting a Pro 30th anniversary. Even if i could Sony prefer to include the edge and not the disk drive? The ps1 had a disc drive and they not even bother to put one in the Pro.
They are sending an extremely clear message that the future is digital only, and 100% the PS6 will only be digital. Even if they still sell a disc drive separately for it.

People spoke this gen that they want a disc drive (since sales of PS5 are like 80-20% disc to digital), but Sony doesn't care! They will force everyone.

Valonquar

I find this pretty hilarious since so many people went out of the way to GET RID of the base PS1 shell to get translucent smoke black or blue shells.

Top Bottom