• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

angrod14

Why do people assume they don't have a chance? What edge could a scalper possibly have against anyone else? They have to access the same site, and the product unlocks for them at the same time as everyone else. I AM getting one of these. F--- everyone.

Stu_Hart

It manages to look even uglier outside of it being an overrated, overpriced console. Please don't shit on your ps1 legacy like this, sony...

Figured out their strategy here .... This limited console will drive people to the site and most likely they wont get it because its so limited but they might pick up a limited edition controller and/or regular ps5 pro console instead. The limited console is just bait and a way to increase interest in the ps5 pro on preorder day .... whoever created this plan should get a raise lol.

Without the limited console they knew interest would be low on pre-order day. Just look at how quickly the convo changed from the price of the pro to how nice the limited edition stuff looks smh.

MikeM

Gold Member
Why is a country as rich as Canada not on the list of countries with PS Direct? Is it hard to reach each one of you as in a Crocodile Dundee movie?
No idea. We have to rely on Best Buy, Game Stop etc for console gaming stuff. Im in a major Canadian city so thankfully have access to whatever I want within a five minute drive.

Traxtech

This is crazy, 99% of people cried when the price of the pro came out. Now there is a WAY more expensive bundle and people want it with no mention of price and only mentioning scalpers.

Gotta love it, my entire FB feed is this hahaha

Brucey

No idea. We have to rely on Best Buy, Game Stop etc for console gaming stuff. Im in a major Canadian city so thankfully have access to whatever I want within a five minute drive.
Not to early to start the pre order line in front of your local Best Buy

Reactions: CLW

Brucey

This is crazy, 99% of people cried when the price of the pro came out. Now there is a WAY more expensive bundle and people want it with no mention of price and only mentioning scalpers.

Gotta love it, my entire FB feed is this hahaha
The recently unemployed Xbox astroturfers had a busy few days ;)

lachesis

Gold Member
Honestly looks pretty dope. I still don't like design language of PS5 in general, but the coloring brings back the nostalgia so much.

Too bad that I will never be able to get one myself. I had no luck with none of limited edition Playstation releases - probably because I'm too cheap. :(

CLW

Wheres the PS1 themed VR headset?
Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

Cakeboxer

Why do people assume they don't have a chance? What edge could a scalper possibly have against anyone else? They have to access the same site, and the product unlocks for them at the same time as everyone else. I AM getting one of these. F--- everyone.
Many scalpers work with bots and and those who don't usually have way more time than most people and can F5 spam all day or react to Discord groups etc. alerts instanly.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Bots have checked out before you’ve even added one to the cart.

They finally release a cool colour way and they limited, I fucking hate decisions like this.

Same as LV Nike drop. Shits me to tears. Such an easier way to fix it too with loyal customers and big spenders offered invites. 12,000 world wide is a joke.

That looks nice af. Not a fan of the Ps5 design but in grey it's cool. Pro bundle would be nice to get but in such limited number don't think it will happen for me

cormack12

Gold Member

It's not just scalpers. It's the scarcity. And then you really think some celebrities or influencers aren't getting a version of this?

12,300 units across 100 odd million monthly PS users. We all want one, we all ain't gonna get one. To put it into context if you gave them away free at the French Open, some people would still walk out empty handed.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What? Haven’t you been talking shit about the Pro since day one? XD
I absolutely have. I dont think it's worth the money at all. That's why i wont get one at the price but I will happily spend 1k on this.

My issue is price perception. I know it sounds nuts, but something that has 12300 units made and probably costs a grand is much more enticing to me. You can think I'm insane, I know I am. :D

I am also a massive fan of the PS1, so this is nostalgia for me.

Last edited:
Maybe will get a dualsense. The edge looks nice but not paying $200. If it were $150 then yeah. Will not dream of getting a Pro 30th anniversary. Even if i could i will not. Sony prefer to include the edge and not the disk drive? The ps1 had a disc drive and they not even bother to put one in the Pro.
The PS1 also existed in a period where digital wasn’t a thing, not in an era where some publishers see 90% digital sales.

I’m all for physical media existing but people got to realize they are in the minority now.

Top Bottom