• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

Fess

*playstation 5 pro is revealed*
"It's an overpriced piece of junk."

*playstation 5 pro is revealed in a gray colour*
"I take 3 please."
Nostalgia is a powerful thing, like extremely powerful. Sadly you can never understand it if you’re not a nostalgic person. To give an example, I was smiling so my face hurt seconds after starting Astro Bot just because I saw the save file icons being PS1 memory cards. The whole game is such an emotional journey. And I was already an adult when PS1 arrived, imagine those who were kids, teenagers.
For me, bring Commodore into the picture and I’m literally back in my childhood and everything is just pure happiness, I’ve spent a ton of money on Commodore gear without even thinking for a second about the cost. How much money is happiness worth?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Did they say only 12000 or so are gonna be sold? Bro this shit is gonna be $2000. I want it, but I already know I shouldn't buy it.

Probably will have to settle for the controller.

sainraja

Are they doing a 30th anniversary disc drive? Otherwise a white drive attached to that will look stupid.
Only 12K units will be sold of the pro so good luck getting one.

If they had a disc drive they would have shown it.

zkbZvA5.jpeg

There is a plate for the disc drive that matches the color.

Humdinger

12500 units means it'll be very hard to get, and expensive. I like how it looks, but I'll probably just end up with a normal PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

YCoCg

This is the most depressing image of electronics I’ve seen in a long time. It gives me the same feels as an obituary.
This is actively making me like the white PS5, and that’s no easy feat, I tell you.
You just had to be there, this Grey is iconic, that PS5 Pro looks amazing to me, such a huge improvement over the original colours, that's the power of nostalgia!

dcx4610

Looks beautiful but I’ll be the odd person out here and say I wouldn’t want it. There’s something I don’t like about having a modern console look like an old console. That kind of defeats the point of a new console.

I’m not a fan of the white PS5 but that’s the color they chose and that’s officially what it’s supposed to look like if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom