• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

Soodanim

I quite like the controller, so I'll probably try to get one. Not the Edge though, because I didn't hear them mention quality upgrades for it.

scalper certified

K3e8umk.jpeg

BooseGumps

Neo Member
I wouldn't mind the normal controller with its almost guaranteed stick drift but like you say they're all gonna get scalped up. Doesn't Sony sell them from their own website with limited numbers to avoid the scalping situation or at least mitigate it? I know they've sold things in the past but wasn't sure if that made a difference. What do they care as long as they all get sold.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Looks cool. But the Pro is $700 and costs too much. This will be $1200-1500 for the whole package. Not really worth it for a color swap. The console itself is still ugly for the most part. It is funny seeing some people on the internet complaining about the Pro price a few days ago lining up to buy this though.

DJ12

It baffles me that they include a Dual Sense, and Dual Sense Edge in the pro bundle, not the disk drive though, even though they've included the cover.

It's going to be £900 at least.

I like it, but I can get a tin of hammarite in a matching shade of grey for about a fiver.

Maybe if I didn't already have an Edge controller ....

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. They could have made 5x those numbers and the thing would have sold out. I'm going to attempt to get a console but I bet there's no way it's going to happen.

Even the controllers are going to vanish in no time and go for double or triple their cost. This is definitely a scalpers dream as someone said.

Brucey

It baffles me that they include a Dual Sense, and Dual Sense Edge in the pro bundle, not the disk drive though, even though they've included the cover.

It's going to be £900 at least.

I like it, but I can get a tin of hammarite in a matching shade of grey for about a fiver.

Maybe if I didn't already have an Edge controller ....
Looks like the ad targeting is pretty focused these days ...

OgSmcBZ.jpeg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I do really like that, I'll never have one though
Not because of money, but because I never get a chance to get to the check out.
Be nice if they did the faceplates in mass production, but even if they did it would be limited and fall to the Scalpers.

Last edited:

Archie501

Neo Member
I read in the YouTube comments section that this will only be available in the US and Japan. Is this true?

From the blog-

"In regions where direct.playstation.com* is available, players with a PlayStation Network account can pre-order the following PlayStation 30th Anniversary Collection products exclusively from PlayStation starting September 26."

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Bundle
  • PlayStation Portal Remote Player – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (standalone)
  • DualSense Edge Wireless Controller – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (standalone)

"*Regions where direct.playstation.com is available: U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Austria."

I'm assuming there will be small allocation of stock to each of these places, but who knows. They should really open this up to some kind of pre-sale registration and then pick people at random to offer them a chance to purchase these. Otherwise it's just going to be bought up by bots and sold at a crazy premium.

Last edited:

n0razi

Am I missing it or have they said how much any of this is going to cost?

The limited Pro will be $1k easily

The Portal is fucking awesome. I use it every day.

It even works away from home. If I don't have WiFi, I use my cellphone as a Hotspot and it works great.

I honestly can't imagine going back after having both Switch and now PS5 + Portal.

At $199, it's a no-brainer - even if you only use it around the house.

Any modern smartphone or tablet with something like a Razer Kishi or Gamesir controller will do the same thing without having to carry around a dedicated device

Last edited:
Top Bottom