• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
YrHMcGj.jpeg

This helps me a bit! Thx
The PS1 also existed in a period where digital wasn’t a thing, not in an era where some publishers see 90% digital sales.

I’m all for physical media existing but people got to realize they are in the minority now.

Sony do not see 90 percent digital splits, they are like 30-50 Percent if they are lucky. I wish people would stop pulling this data out to defend Sony. Their end users are not buying 90% of their games digitally, they are much closer to Nintendo in physical sales than Xbox or PC.

Colin Moriarty got to you with his bullshit.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
This helps me a bit! Thx

Sony do not see 90 percent digital splits, they are like 30-50 Percent if they are lucky. I wish people would stop pulling this data out to defend Sony. Their end users are not buying 90% of their games digitally, they are much closer to Nintendo in physical sales than Xbox or PC.

michael-jackson-kinkytwt.gif

They never said Sony, they said some publishers.

I’d say we are at least 50% all digital now. PS6 is going to have disk drives made for the few thousand users that still want them but it’s a dying art now physical game collection that’s decreasing every single year.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
michael-jackson-kinkytwt.gif

They never said Sony, they said some publishers.

I’d say we are at least 50% all digital now. PS6 is going to have disk drives made for the few thousand users that still want them but it’s a dying art now physical game collection that’s decreasing every single year.

You are right, let's see how this bold play works for Sony. I havea feeling a lot of their customers are not going to follow them on this journey. Time will tell.

Nintendo will laugh all the way to the bank.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I absolutely have. I dont think it's worth the money at all. That's why i wont get one at the price but I will happily spend 1k on this.

My issue is price perception. I know it sounds nuts, but something that has 12300 units made and probably costs a grand is much more enticing to me. You can think I'm insane, I know I am. :D

I am also a massive fan of the PS1, so this is nostalgia for me.
Anything numbered interests me

I will end up with one of these and likely displaying it

Yeah I may be part of the scalper problem if I can't get one through PS Direct but I pay scalper prices for sporting events often

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

near

Gold Member
So pre-orders go live the same day as regular PS5 Pro pre-orders are made available. Can't wait to struggle to get a pre-order in with the inevitable site crash. I'll be lucky to get anything even ordered.

DaGwaphics

Bots have checked out before you’ve even added one to the cart.

They finally release a cool colour way and they limited, I fucking hate decisions like this.

Same as LV Nike drop. Shits me to tears. Such an easier way to fix it too with loyal customers and big spenders offered invites. 12,000 world wide is a joke.

Maybe after the initial release of these numbered versions they will release plates that match. Wouldn't look as good though, since the shiny black would still be in there.

DryvBy

This helps me a bit! Thx

People ignore some key points to the digital vs physical data.

1) Some games are only available digital.
2) Some people that even love physical don't buy GaaS always online games on physical unless they want to sell.
3) Companies like EA that report really high digital sales also have most of their funds coming from cellphones, which clearly doesn't have a physical option.

When you remove just the top, it's usually a dead split. And great, that's options for everyone. Digital library? Sure, go for it. But quit acting like physical should stop over you picking a library choice.

Neofire

Question, if anyone can clear up the confusion I have. The limited number (12k units)is that only for the PS5 pro console or does that apply to all of the devices sold separately and in the bundle?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Question, if anyone can clear up the confusion I have. The limited number (12k units)is that only for the PS5 pro console or does that apply to all of the devices sold separately and in the bundle?
My guess is the 12k units are only the Pro bundles since that is what was numbered

Not to say the other stuff wont be limited but not to that degree or likely it all would have been numbered imo

//DEVIL//

You may not be the only one as I really want one no matter where I get it from
That’s what I did when I really wanted the ps4 anniversary version .

I did the same for the 500 million edition.

But now after all this years … the 42 years in me is saying fuck it, not worth it.

If it was a 100$ or 200 above the msrp price I can understand, but I know I will end up paying close to 2k for this. And I just can’t justify that kind of money for a home console that will stay sealed anymore.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That’s what I did when I really wanted the ps4 anniversary version .

I did the same for the 500 million edition.

But now after all this years … the 42 years in me is saying fuck it, not worth it.

If it was a 100$ or 200 above the msrp price I can understand, but I know I will end up paying close to 2k for this. And I just can’t justify that kind of money for a home console that will stay sealed anymore.
The older I get the worse I get about saying fuck it just gimme

I am now 57 and when I really want something I don't want to wait, I will let the youngins wage war on the scalpers :)

MDSLKTR

If I manage to get a pre-order in, I would have to debate if I sell my Xbox in addition to my PS5. I could get 900$ cad for both on FB marketplace but I have a considerable library of BC titles on Xbox and gpu for 2 more years :/

saintjules

Gold Member
If I manage to get a pre-order in, I would have to debate if I sell my Xbox in addition to my PS5. I could get 900$ cad for both on FB marketplace but I have a considerable library of BC titles on Xbox and gpu for 2 more years :/

I wouldn't sell it personally. Settle for the PS5 Pro regular.

I really would like the Anniversary bundle, but only 12.3k of these units, I can't possibly imagine being successful in getting one. Feels like Lottery chances.

//DEVIL//

The older I get the worse I get about saying fuck it just gimme

I am now 57 and when I really want something I don't want to wait, I will let the youngins wage war on the scalpers :)
Yeah I understand that . I am with you on it. But I am not a collector anymore. Sold my whole collection when I moved to Canada 6 years ago.

Now I want this. Would love to have it. Money isn’t that problem. But if I end up having to pay 2500$ cad or whatever for a console that will go cheaper in price … I can’t justify it lol

Hope you get one soon and if you managed to get a second one. I am down with a profit for you on top :)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah I understand that . I am with you on it. But I am not a collector anymore. Sold my whole collection when I moved to Canada 6 years ago.

Now I want this. Would love to have it. Money isn’t that problem. But if I end up having to pay 2500$ cad or whatever for a console that will go cheaper in price … I can’t justify it lol

Hope you get one soon and if you managed to get a second one. I am down with a profit for you on top :)
Without naming names but someone who was in the gaming industry quite awhile but no longer is already said he was willing to pay up to $5000 US for an unopened Pro bundle.

I wouldn’t go that high I don’t think unless it was a super low numbered edition

Brucey

Without naming names but someone who was in the gaming industry quite awhile but no longer is already said he was willing to pay up to $5000 US for an unopened Pro bundle.

I wouldn’t go that high I don’t think unless it was a super low numbered edition
You want to buy mine for $4500 if I win the scalper lottery?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Revised lineup like this would've been nice:

$349 - PS5 Slim 1TB
$399 - PS5 Slim 30th Anniversary 2TB Standard Edition (Available for 1 Year)
$499 - PS5 Slim 30th Anniversary 2TB Numbered Limited Edition + Stand & Special Extras (12,300 Units)

$549 - PS5 Pro 1TB
$599 - PS5 Pro 30th Anniversary 2TB Standard Edition (Available for 1 Year)
$699 - PS5 Pro 30th Anniversary 2TB Numbered Limited Edition + Stand & Special Extras (12,300 Units)

$99 - Universal Disc Drive for PS5 Slim & PS5 Pro

This is gonna be a scalper's dream at 12,300 units.

You are the SMARTEST person alive!!!!! I would have loved to see them lower the price of the Pro, but have the disc drive be $100 instead like you're saying. To bad that's not our timeline. There's a reason the Switch 2 will cost $400.

Neofire

Revised lineup like this would've been nice:

$349 - PS5 Slim 1TB
$399 - PS5 Slim 30th Anniversary 2TB Standard Edition (Available for 1 Year)
$499 - PS5 Slim 30th Anniversary 2TB Numbered Limited Edition + Stand & Special Extras (12,300 Units)

$549 - PS5 Pro 1TB
$599 - PS5 Pro 30th Anniversary 2TB Standard Edition (Available for 1 Year)
$699 - PS5 Pro 30th Anniversary 2TB Numbered Limited Edition + Stand & Special Extras (12,300 Units)

$99 - Universal Disc Drive for PS5 Slim & PS5 Pro

This is gonna be a scalper's dream at 12,300 units.
Yup scalpers are loving this because they bot scripts they use will gobble that amount up in minutes.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I absolutely have. I dont think it's worth the money at all. That's why i wont get one at the price but I will happily spend 1k on this.

My issue is price perception. I know it sounds nuts, but something that has 12300 units made and probably costs a grand is much more enticing to me. You can think I'm insane, I know I am. :D

I am also a massive fan of the PS1, so this is nostalgia for me.

I'm glad you realize you're insane LOL!

Anyone want to take a guess at how much the DS and portal editions will be? 👀

DS will be $99 and the Portal will be $250.

Last edited:
Top Bottom