• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

Lambogenie

Definitely agree that this should be produced for around 1-2 year supply. It's a much better way to celebrate and gives all fans a good chance to secure one for themselves, as well as new fans to acquire a colour they may even prefer.

It doesn't defeat the Collectors or Limited aspect. It's still a limited product. The even more restricted number really only benefits the insane collectors. And I say this as someone that was keenly into this stuff.

Even Nintendo do decent supply for a period, even if they do fumble on initial launches.

xiskza

You are buying a Dualsense Edge but can't spend half of that for a drive? Come on bro.

Price isnt the sole issue, just not supporting a digital console. I want a built in disk. Buying a digital one is me sending Sony the wrong message. PS6 needs a built in disk

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I'm going to buy all that.

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer? I might need one

I had a very longtime girlfriend that was not a fan of my hobbies. What I started doing is I would buy something and not tell her. She would notice a few weeks later and by then I would just tell her I had it for a while. We didn't make it in the end but it had nothing to do with me spending money on hobbies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think my soft cap is going to be 3k for an unopened bundle unless the number is silly low

Single digits and I may get stupid

10K Sneaker Shopping GIF by Complex

Exoil

Price isnt the sole issue, just not supporting a digital console. I want a built in disk. Buying a digital one is me sending Sony the wrong message. PS6 needs a built in disk
You're the Yin to my Yang. I haven't bought a single game on disc since the PS3 days and loved not having to pay another 100 bucks for a drive I won't ever use!

Brucey

Yeah that you'll buy the disk drive for the all digital PS6...
Right, but the point is the "all digital" ps6 will have a disk drive attachment. And it's not some hideous attachment like an HD-DVD drive.

So in 2028 or whenever the PS6 releases, one can get a digital one, or also get a disk drive attachment. And who know maybe it'll continue to be backwards compatible with the PS5 drive attachment. Keep your drive, as you move generations? Prob too much to ask for but clearly Playstation will continue to include physical media options for those that enjoy actual physical discs.

It looks nice but it's a hard pass from me. I haven't even committed to buying a PS5 Pro yet, I'm certainly not going to chase these very nice but completely unnecessary special editions. At this point the only reason I'm even considering a PS5 Pro is because I had to send my launch PS5 in for repair out of warranty which cost me $250 after tax. I would rather upgrade than have to do that again in the next 4 years.

I think my soft cap is going to be 3k for an unopened bundle unless the number is silly low

Single digits and I may get stupid
So what are we thinking MSRP going to be? $1200?

I'd be pretty happy if I could get a LE Pro bundle for ~$2000. Then I'd buy regular pro as my daily driver and also 2x LE DS Edge. Dunno what I would do with my other 2 edge that I got tho.

angrod14

Are other people interested in this not expecting to open and use it? I want to game the shit out of this thing. Not a single care in the world if it affects collecting value or something like that.

Vick

Gold Member
Just secured a regular Pro from a local retailer. Collect on delivery, guaranteed Nov 8th.

giphy.gif

Can now fully focus on this Limited Pro bundle the 26th.

Here a side by side of the two models btw:

HevXkjY.png

And how potential 30th plates would look on a regular model:

kvvLXpf.png

Last edited:
Stupid and senseless.

I would rather do a DIY makeover. I inted to give $0 to Sony for ignoring what really matters - good lineup of great games without DEI crap.

Last edited:
So... Canadians, our best bets are Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon on the 26th?
I was lucky to get the PS4 20th anniversary a decade ago when they stocked it suddenly on the Sony Store website, not sure if they even sell consoles anymore.
I must have this... must. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Cakeboxer

So how much will it go for on Ebay?
New and unused PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition still go for ~1000 Euro and those were 50.000 units.
The 20th Anniversary Edition goes for ~1.500-2000 Euro and those were limited to 12.300 units.

I think long term anything between 2,5k and 5k is possible for an unused unit and right after the start i can see them sell for ~2k. Cool numbers can go much higher.
People are stupid enough.

Last edited:

Kerotan

New and unused PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition still go for ~1000 Euro and those were 50.000 units.
The 20th Anniversary Edition goes for ~1.500-2000 Euro and those were limited to 12.300 units.

I think long term anything between 2,5k and 5k is possible for an unused unit and right after the start i can see them sell for ~2k. Cool numbers can go much higher.
People are stupid enough.
And what about used? Will they at least keep the initial price?

Top Bottom