• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

ManaByte

If the bundle was $1,230 or so I was seriously considering it. But it's not coming until November 21st, and I could get a Pro+4TB SSD+disc drive for about the same price. So probably just pre-ordering a Pro on Thursday.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Haven't checked, but i would say it's a very safe bet. You'll probably get at least your money back with a limitation of just 12.300.
I won't get my hopes up but if I'm lucky I'll get the Pro bundle and use it.

I'd resell the Pro controller in the box and keep the regular controller. I'd probably buy a spare regular controller too.

And when the PS6 launches I'd resell it then.

Kerotan

If the bundle was $1,230 or so I was seriously considering it. But it's not coming until November 21st, and I could get a Pro+4TB SSD+disc drive for about the same price. So probably just pre-ordering a Pro on Thursday.
So pre orders go live for the 30th edition and regular Pro the same day but the 30th launches 2 weeks later? I'd probably just wait the extra 2 weeks. Honestly though I just hope it get a Pro at launch. Even the regular isn't guaranteed.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
A sign of things to come for the standard PS5 PRO. I dread to think what the scalper sludge is going to want for the PS5 PRO 30th anniversary bundle.

Po9Basx.jpeg

KoiBxnj.gif

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
So pre orders go live for the 30th edition and regular Pro the same day but the 30th launches 2 weeks later? I'd probably just wait the extra 2 weeks. Honestly though I just hope it get a Pro at launch. Even the regular isn't guaranteed.
Yeah I was thinking the same, honestly don't know what I'd do if I can choose between the two at that moment, which one I'd get. Part of me thinks if you get a chance to buy a 30th then you have to take it, even though all I really want is the console and standard controller. I'd also constantly be worried that if my house ever gets robbed it is something I can never replace, so I'd be constantly living with that anxiety. The compromise might just be getting the standard Pro and a 30th controller.

DeaDPo0L84

Just secured a regular Pro from a local retailer. Collect on delivery, guaranteed Nov 8th.

giphy.gif

Can now fully focus on this Limited Pro bundle the 26th.

Here a side by side of the two models btw:

HevXkjY.png

And how potential 30th plates would look on a regular model:

kvvLXpf.png
I know the classic is pure nostalgia but I actually like the black/white combo.

I won't get my hopes up but if I'm lucky I'll get the Pro bundle and use it.

I'd resell the Pro controller in the box and keep the regular controller. I'd probably buy a spare regular controller too.

And when the PS6 launches I'd resell it then.
If you get a LE pro bundle and I dont I will buy your DS Edge and charging dock from you.

Dr.D00p

Out of those 12,300 I'd love to know just how many will make it outside to Joe Public for sale.

..how many will disappear to 'insiders' at Sony and friends of friends to those who work, or know people who work for Sony.

I'd suggest it won't be much more than 10,000.

Sorry if anyone's commented. Do we know when pre orders go live? As in what time. Just trying to work out if I should be up till midnight on the day.
UPDATE: On September 26, 2024, pre-orders will be available directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com and at participating retailers in territories where direct.playstation.com isn’t available. On October 10, 2024, pre-orders will be available at all other participating retailers.

If it’s up for pre order the same time as the Pro than probably in 3 days and 9 hours. At least that’s the countdown on Era. 🤷‍♂️

//DEVIL//

what ? this is not available in Canada ? we are part of NA for fucks sake.

fuck you sony in the ass u fucking retards.

fuck man i am annoyed. this will force all canadians to pay scalpers if we ever want one. ffs.

and fuck this article too. I am in Ontario and we are not poor. and even if it ever was, Canada is not Ontario only -_-

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
I have no idea.

Seems like pre orders on canada for the 30th bundle start in october so i would hope amazon canada will have some

Yeah that's for the regular base PS5 digital limited edition. I don't want that, I want the Pro Bundle. Sadly I think it will cost over $1KUSD for it.

Unless Sony has some new system in place to prevent scalping, the odds of an actual person who wants this is slim to none.

The queue system that they did back in 2020 for the base PS5 pre-order may be what they do again.

Last edited:
So... Canadians, our best bets are Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon on the 26th?
I was lucky to get the PS4 20th anniversary a decade ago when they stocked it suddenly on the Sony Store website, not sure if they even sell consoles anymore.
I must have this... must. :messenger_sad_relieved:
I'm thinking there may be no chance for us without Playstation Direct as an option. The demand seems obscenly above supply too. :(

Last edited:

Fess

this will be a 3000$ on ebay within seconds.

sucks because I want one. but I don't have bots and I know I will not be able to get one.
Yeah this is what I want, and only this, and that gets me depressed because there is just no way I could get one. Took me half a year and using some website with a search script updating store supply every 30 second to find a regular PS5, only managed because one store sold it bundled with an extra controller and the scalper bots weren’t tuned in for that yet.

Why can’t they make more of these? They must see the talk and realize that this is what enthusiasts want. Make another 5 million, they’ll sell out too.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Out of those 12,300 I'd love to know just how many will make it outside to Joe Public for sale.

..how many will disappear to 'insiders' at Sony and friends of friends to those who work, or know people who work for Sony.

I'd suggest it won't be much more than 10,000.

You don't think they have an allocated number outside the 12k they made separately for those people? Probably without a number on those. Maybe.

nial

Nintendo better drop Switch 2 at TGS so I can forget this thing exists.
>nintendo
>tgs
lol
BTW, the scarcity sucks but it is what it is. Just get a special digital PS5 Slim ($500, according to billbil-kun), which looks like it will be easily available.

nial

This whole event is better and more ambitious than the 20th anniversary one ten years ago, including a much, MUCH better celebration game (Astro Bot vs. LittleBigPlanet 3)
But man, one big thing is missing here; THE FRICKIN' THEMES.
PcNWgbR.jpeg

Just like God of War Ragnarok, see the PS4 getting ANOTHER cool full-blown special theme, while the PS5 gets nothing or has to settle for a Welcome Hub theme.

Moses85

I’m getting PS Direct in Spain. Don’t talk me about being poor. You’d probably pass out if you know how much a German earns yearly and they are our rich guys.
Germans are the rich guys?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

This is the past my friend.

Highest Energy prices, taxes and ost stupid government in the in the world.
Dying industry. We germans are f**ked

Top Bottom