• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Not gonna bother. It'll be Sony online store exclusive, the site will crash, .001% of people trying to load the site will get through for no reason other than pure luck, while the rest of everyone else refreshes and attempts 10,000 times for the next hour, until they finally get through and it says "Sorry, product is sold out."

That, plus of course there will be a markup, so I expect the pro to be $800 retail. And the peripherals will all be marked up. Talking about waiting over an hour refreshing for .001 chance to get the console and pay well over $1,000 for it to get the full package. Good luck to everyone, but I'm sitting this one out.

I'll try for the dual sense though individually.

Edit: oh wait, it's a bundle, so that means all the stuff is force included. It'll probably be $1,200.

Yeah this. So:

Hope the DS can be bought on it's own.

I'm fine with my OGPS5 with DD. The only real reason would be the higher FR.

But a new TV has have to come first anyways. Just the DS would be awesome IMO.

Radical_3d

Germans are the rich guys?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

This is the past my friend.

Highest Energy prices, taxes and ost stupid government in the in the world.
Dying industry. We germans are f**ked
Galaxy brain to close all nuclears because a soviet plant was soviet, then depend on a tyrant’s gas, then burn coal to oblivion to maintain energy levels. And 20 years late to the party to hybrid cars in your main industry. But yeah, still pretty rich.

Last edited:

John Wick

Idiots and their money are easily separated.
This will be expensive as hell. Typical Sony screwing their fanbase with making such a small number. Should be ten times that amount.

Shakka43

Gotta say everything looks gorgeous in this classic PS style, too bad the Pro is gonna be bitch to get especially for those who can't afford it at launch. And knowing Sony they won't be releasing the plates for at least a year after, if they even will that is.

soulbait

I am glad I do not feel nostalgia for this, as I never had the original PlayStation. I was a N64 kid during that time. However, I find it ridiculous how few of these they are actually making. I understand they want them to be special by making them limited, but the numbers seem to low for something like this. It is really just going to be made for scalpers and those lucky enough to get it, versus something that truly serves the fans. IMO, it is an odd choice to limit it so much.

Nydius

Don't really get the need to keep these extremely limited, these would absolutely sell in large amounts.
Sounds like the only winners here will be the scalpers.

Agree. This artificial scarcity stuff pisses me off. Only thing I want is a base DualSense but because of the timing and their horrid online ordering system, I almost certainly won’t get one.

I also don’t understand why they didn’t make side panels for existing OG and newer slim model owners. Limit the consoles if they must but make the side panels an option then add the controllers and accessories to the regular lineup.

The hook of the disastrous price of Playstation 5 pro.
Was thinking the same thing. Look at all these suckers who were blasting the price , but now "i'm buying two" ...lololololol............

Ridiculous. I love the look too, but that price is still too much (not that I would of bought it anyway, I own a ps5. I never had any problems with the performance or graphics, but I play at 1080p)

Are they doing a 30th anniversary disc drive? Otherwise a white drive attached to that will look stupid.
Get out your paint. lol

The whole thing is idiotic. It's not like they have classic style ps1 games or sequels of ps1 games to go with it the classic look.

I'll be intersested when I see a new Suikoden, Vagrant Story, Vandel Hearts, Parasite Eve, Wild Arms, Wipeout, Mega Man Legends, Legacy of Kain, Blood Omen, Classic TR, Road Rash, etc... or just to be able to play those games emulated. They don't, so they can suck my left nut. I still don't know what Sony is thinking.

Their only great game lately has been Astrobot. A game that recognizes the past of Playstation but its kinda of sad as we will never get those characters again. It will all be woke dei slop ie concord and slop going forward. Bleh. Even if they resurrected a franchise they would kill it with that crap, just like EA and dragon age, or MS with fable.

Last edited:

decisions

Does anyone know what time this thing goes live? I'm in the UK.

This is gonna be harder than getting Oasis tickets but gotta try :messenger_tears_of_joy:
No one knows exactly when unless I'm missing something, which is why this thing is going to be basically impossible to get. It's going to go live at some arbitrary time on the 26th, and by the time you realize it, they will already be gone.

digdug2

As much as I want one of these, I already know that it's not going to be worth the effort to get one firsthand or worth the money to get it from some fuckface scalper. I'm hoping that there will be some grey plates available that I can stick on the normal PS5 PRO.

digdug2

I don't think it'd be too much trouble to at least try, since it'll only require a few seconds of effort before they all sell out. May as well log on at the designated time and see if you can snag one.
You're right. I'll have to try to orchestrate myself a little break from class once there's a designated time.

Nydius

Still the best startup sound to this day.
Respectfully disagree.

Not even the best PlayStation start up sound, which would be this one.

Still give the best console startup to the GameCube.

Dreamcast a close third behind the PS2.

Then the OG PS1 and its eardrum splitting opener.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Was thinking the same thing. Look at all these suckers who were blasting the price , but now "i'm buying two" ...lololololol............

Ridiculous. I love the look too, but that price is still too much (not that I would of bought it anyway, I own a ps5. I never had any problems with the performance or graphics, but I play at 1080p)
Well that's why you don't want or need one! Playing on an 85" 4K VRR 120hz TV changes you lol

Chronicle

Would love to get a Pro but sadly not in my budget these days. That Pro bundle is great though. I love the idea of the cable too. Retro

Look at all these suckers who were blasting the price , but now "i'm buying two" ...lololololol............
Dont worry, they wont buy even one. Mainly because its going to be sold out in minutes and any scalper has way better bots and systems in place to score than a random person thinking pressing a refresh button will send them to "enter your CC details". The exact same thing happened with PS4 Retro colors version.

Kerotan

As someone who will try to get a 30th or regular Pro plus an additional 30th controller it's very irritating not to have prices or details of retailers just 2 days before. Do I need to go in and put a cash deposit or all online. Would be nice to know.

Fuck all those poor bastards who can't handle the price tell the hardcore what we want to know. I give it to the end of the day or I switch to Xbox.

Brucey

As someone who will try to get a 30th or regular Pro plus an additional 30th controller it's very irritating not to have prices or details of retailers just 2 days before. Do I need to go in and put a cash deposit or all online. Would be nice to know.

Fuck all those poor bastards who can't handle the price tell the hardcore what we want to know. I give it to the end of the day or I switch to Xbox.
You can prob secure a preorder for one of the 2tb limited edition series x for $599...

Top Bottom