• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
So no console covers for OG PS5 owners?
acVbCQm.jpeg

DryvBy

Why would they announce preorders next week but not the price?
I have a 20th anniversary edition and the price difference was around $500 vs $400 for the same model. The 20th had a camera, special colored stand and that was it for extras. So I'm going to guess this will be near $800 with all the extra, maybe $850.

Lambogenie

Knew this was coming a mile off. Is it tempting to get a Pro now? Sure.. but I'm not rich.

Last time for the 20th, the PS4s were hard as nuts to get. Then you had lucky fuckers getting it for £19.94 in the UK in a pop up store. This time, for a Pro being mad expensive and there being over 12k, I don't think it'll be as hard to get. But who freaking knows. Nostalgia bait is strong!

nnytk

So no console covers for OG PS5 owners?
Original PS5 colour scheme is glossy black with white, I'm not sure how the PSX grey would look with the black - It would look kind of off probably, like a half-assed attempt at recreating the PSX colour scheme. Having said that, I think that Sony already sells grey (silver) plates that look pretty dope.

Last edited:

graywolf323

I have a 20th anniversary edition and the price difference was around $500 vs $400 for the same model. The 20th had a camera, special colored stand and that was it for extras. So I'm going to guess this will be near $800 with all the extra, maybe $850.
you’re forgetting that it includes the DualSense Edge which is $200 by itself

Nydius

I really want that stand alone DualSense. I’ve been wanting a classic color motif since the damn thing came out and I saw people manually modding theirs to look “classic”.

But knowing Sony they’ll want a ridiculous amount more than any other “limited edition” controller and it’ll be sold out and scalped in minutes. 😐

Sooner

Somehow they would have to sell the piece of shit that is the Playstation portal.
The Portal is fucking awesome. I use it every day.

It even works away from home. If I don't have WiFi, I use my cellphone as a Hotspot and it works great.

I honestly can't imagine going back after having both Switch and now PS5 + Portal.

At $199, it's a no-brainer - even if you only use it around the house.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Yeah but it looks like this comes with the Pro controller which is like €200.
Because you're not the target audience
I am and I want to know how much I'm paying.
So the talk isn't that Sony is releasing a $999 console.
Yeah I get that but they have to tell us pretty soon.

Top Bottom