• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro 30th Anniversary Edition - Classic Color

squallheart

lrBuSE2.jpeg

And I had just convinced myself not to buy pro.

Mr.Phoenix

You might know the answer to this. I got the disc drive, ready for the PS5 Pro pre-orders. Now about these colored cover plates from Sony...
Can you replace the cover plate on the attachable disc drive? Or does using a separate disc drive on your PS5 Pro mean you are stuck with white?

I wouldn't mind too much, just wondering...
Yes, they even add a disc drive cover in the anniversary color in all the bundles.

bets on how much this will cost?

I am going with $1500 for the Pro. Just a tad over double the price of the standard "cheap" pro.

Audiophile

Revised lineup like this would've been nice:

$349 - PS5 Slim 1TB
$399 - PS5 Slim 30th Anniversary 2TB Special Edition (Available for 1 Year)
$499 - PS5 Slim 30th Anniversary 2TB Numbered Limited Edition + Stand & Special Extras (12,300 Units)

$549 - PS5 Pro 1TB
$599 - PS5 Pro 30th Anniversary 2TB Special Edition (Available for 1 Year)
$699 - PS5 Pro 30th Anniversary 2TB Numbered Limited Edition + Stand & Special Extras (12,300 Units)

$99 - Universal Disc Drive for PS5 Slim & PS5 Pro

This is gonna be a scalper's dream at 12,300 units.

Last edited:

ManaByte

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
    • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
    • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:
  • Original PlayStation controller-style cable connector housing
  • Four PlayStation Shapes cable ties
  • PlayStation sticker
  • Limited Edition PlayStation Poster (1 of 30 possible designs)
  • PlayStation Paperclip

Holy shit. That's going to be EXPENSIVE.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

emivita

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
    • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
    • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:
  • Original PlayStation controller-style cable connector housing
  • Four PlayStation Shapes cable ties
  • PlayStation sticker
  • Limited Edition PlayStation Poster (1 of 30 possible designs)
  • PlayStation Paperclip

Excited Eddie Murphy GIF by Candy Cane Lane

And most importantly, I'll keep it. Fuck you scalpers!

Lunarorbit

I don’t know why Sony got rid of the multicolour logo, looks better than the bland white version.

They should bring back a modern take on the PS1 start up theme at some point too.
That's one of the things that I've wished they'd do for over a decade. I'd love to have the old Sony logo start screen and sound before it transitions into the regular ui.

I already have 2 controllers and have no need for a edge. I might take apart my ps5 controller this winter and paint it matte grey and buy a colored ps home button. Doesn't seem too hard

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If one of those bundles had included the disc drive, I might have been able to overcome the mental hurdle I have with this system and actually bite the bullet. Instead, I'm just left with "I don't want to bother fucking with this".

Good luck to everyone trying to get one of those 12,000 systems though!

Okay I want the controller and portal. The pro bundle would be cool but I would fine with just the plates. I already have a portal so would have to find a way to sell that one.

sachos

The mad lads actually did it wtf. Looks amazing. Still what an asshole thing to do, could have done this for the base PS5 Pro look and people would have not been that mad at the price lol.

Audiophile

That's one of the things that I've wished they'd do for over a decade. I'd love to have the old Sony logo start screen and sound before it transitions into the regular ui.

I already have 2 controllers and have no need for a edge. I might take apart my ps5 controller this winter and paint it matte grey and buy a colored ps home button. Doesn't seem too hard
They should have a full suite of startup options on PS5 ranging from PS1 SCE, PS1, PS1+PS1 SCE, PS2, PS3, PS3 Slim, PS4, PS5 & PSP.

With clean but faithfully remastered visuals and the ability to mix and match the sound and visuals from any of the options, as well abridged versions or no startup at all (SSD...).

Same with menu background music and UI SFX.

Cyborg

Would be fun if $1,230 is the price. Wonder how many people are gonna buy it.
I mean the bundle will be around 1200 Euros if not more.
  • € 800 for the Pro
  • € 180 for the Edge
  • € 80 for the dualsense
  • € 60 for the disc cover
  • € 120 (if you want a disc discdrive)
if you are from USA I can sum that up for you ;)

saintjules

Gold Member
Not sure if I missed it, but according to the blog, only the base PS5 digital will be available to pre-order in stores on Oct. 10th?

The language is indicating that the Pro version of this will only be exclusive to PS Direct. Just a bit confused since there will be participating retailers in regions where PS Direct isn't available that will take pre-orders for the Pro.

Top Bottom