• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Drago

2273275-psasbr_group10.jpeg

I think they're great, I believe there are some like for free though.

Are they only doing costumes for these 10?

Having one costume for all chars would be a fantastic pre order incentive, but it's probably not easy to do :<

x3 OVERTIME!!! Score of 18, first place!

SO FUN! But they need to add some dramatic music lol.

Seeing that meter fill up so fast and frantically trying to hit that super feels great

So, awesome story. We have a thing in our town called "Harborfest", its just a small festival around the city. We got Kenny Loggins playing, good food, big fireworks display, whatever.

However, the Sony truck rolled in again this year. They've come before during the PS1 and PS2 era, and i went, just to see what kind of free swag they might have.

Imagine, to my sheer excitement, they had 4 demo stations set up for PSASBR. Its the E3 build, so we have through Nathan and Big Daddy. I got some time to play around with things, and i'm 100% sold on this game now. I don't really have much in-depth to say, though i can answer any questions since the demo will be open tomorrow as well. I did find Big Daddy to be a little too slow compared to the other characters to really get in and build as well as the others. Nathan's Level 3 got me 5 kills on my first shot, i'd say its the best of the 8 characters. I only managed 4 with Kratos and Sweet Tooth, though i'm sure you can do better. But the difference is, with the other characters you have to chase them down, where Nathan can just shoot and pick the zombies off with ease.

I figured if you guys wanted to know anything about the other 2 characters, i could do some long-term gameplay tomorrow and bring back some more info.

Bringing this to the new page, and like desmond said try to get Drake and Big Daddy's movesets scribbled down.

It glitches every time, lol. Besides, his 1 is so good that it's mostly what people always use.

I just saw Sly's 3 go off without a hitch.

^
Sweet's Super 1 knocks you back, and KO's you after like 1.5 seconds. I cant ever see most Super 1's coming, but Sweet Tooth's feels much more subtle, like a normal move

J-Tier

x3 OVERTIME!!! Score of 18, first place!

SO FUN! But they need to add some dramatic music lol.

Seeing that meter fill up so fast and frantically trying to hit that super feels great

I agree with this, man, if the music gets a faster pace and sound more urgent, overtime would be exciting.

SykoTech

Aggressive Sly can be such a pain in the ass. Still haven't seen anybody pull off his level 3 though.

My brother did, apparently in a match against Intelliheath. He got 4 kills.

I had Parappa's lvl 3 glitch on me once though in Metropolis. Everyone froze (including the countdown clock) except the Parappa player. And then he just starting taunting, lol.

J-Tier

I had Parappa's lvl 3 glitch on me once though in Metropolis. Everyone froze (including the countdown clock) except the Parappa player. And then he just starting taunting, lol.

There's a chance that Parappa player was me xD

Zabuza

Banned
I hope the final version has more variety with music. Hearing that same Patapon song gets grating. It isn't even a very good Patapon song. I'd love the option to just throw in a selection of a few different songs from the games to put on respective stages.

Me, it looks like a normal combo so I figure eh I'll just block.

Same here.

I like the color change idea or even a brighter color or something so i KNOW which lvl i have by just looking at my character. Right now i have scan the entire bottom ui just to find my character, then right color, then super number, and how far to the next. Frustrating.

cyborg009

Banned
I hope the final version has more variety with music. Hearing that same Patapon song gets grating. It isn't even a very good Patapon song. I'd love the option to just throw in a selection of a few different songs from the games to put on respective stages.

I have faith they will good variation of soundtrack

also if you see me online

Cyborg009/ Jimmy-DeBABA/ USA

The bar needs to have different colors instead of shades of blue, and those same colors should also act as an aura. Nothing too distracting, though, you still need to be able to tell characters apart from eachother.

Zabuza

Banned
I've had some weird ass glitches. One game I had 7 kills and 3 deaths and stuff was messing up and at the end of the match it said Fat Princess had 7 kills and 3 deaths when she was idle the whole time.

Hey, I did that! Was it frozen at like 18 seconds or something on the Hades level?

I had my boombox out when I hit the super 3, I dont know if that contributes to the glitch or not

SmithnCo

OMG I just saw the weirdest glitch ever. Parappa did his level 3 (while I was doing FP's level 2), then it switched to a "first person" view from Parappa for the rest of the match. Like the camera was on his model facing to the right. Freaky.

J-Tier

OMG I just saw the weirdest glitch ever. Parappa did his level 3 (while I was doing FP's level 2), then it switched to a "first person" view from Parappa for the rest of the match. Like the camera was on his model facing to the right. Freaky.

o_o should've screenshoted that =p

cyborg009

Banned
Sooooo...

Do you feel that skill is a factor in this game, or does luck and randomness play a big part as well?

Yes and no

Like with sly you can mindfuck your opponent and combos are deadly when you learn how to chain them while attack 2+ people

Randomness comes purely from the stages themselves

(With sly invisible I completely avoid sweet tooth level 3)

Edit: also does mics work during the beta?

SmithnCo

Sooooo...

Do you feel that skill is a factor in this game, or does luck and randomness play a big part as well?

In 1v1, skill will be everything. In free for all, it is still the defining factor. You build AP much quicker if you can get combos out. But you can still be unlucky if you happen to be targeted by other players or juggled between them.

I was asking because I see a lot of "dude I kicked total ass in 3 matches but after that I couldn't get a single kill :(" Well, not literally, but the differences can be pretty big from what I've seen. Also, is Sly _totally_ invisible? For how long can he stay like that?

Top Bottom