• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

In 1v1, skill will be everything. In free for all, it is still the defining factor. You build AP much quicker if you can get combos out. But you can still be unlucky if you happen to be targeted by other players or juggled between them.

I'd also imagine 2 vs 2 will be ultra competitive and skilled as well.

I was asking because I see a lot of "dude I kicked total ass in 3 matches but after that I couldn't get a single kill :(" Well, not literally, but the differences can be pretty big from what I've seen. Also, is Sly _totally_ invisible? For how long can he stay like that?

If u look close, u can see Sly. It's hard to discuss such a vast difference in score because u are paired with randoms. If there was a rematch option, our strategies would be more predictable allowing for some more thoughtful gameplay

I think the game has good skill, especially when it will come to 1v1

I'd also imagine 2 vs 2 will be ultra competitive and skilled as well.

2v2 is definitely going to be really good and I foresee some nice tactics for competitive play. Like, being Radec or Parappa and hiding behind ur partner and sniping/boomboxing... Lol, maybe those will be annoying.

I am really enjoying the 1v1 time Im getting, lots and lots of strategic plays/outthinking of opponent moves

For a sequel, they should really play up the tag team angle. The Roster can focus on 2 characters per IP + all characters we already have in this game, and it'd be cool to see "Tag Supers"

In 1v1, skill will be everything. In free for all, it is still the defining factor. You build AP much quicker if you can get combos out. But you can still be unlucky if you happen to be targeted by other players or juggled between them.

I am foaming at the mouth for an offline demo of this game so I can try 1 v 1 against my friends

SmithnCo

The "quit" button seems glitchy. Every time I go in a match and there is a character just standing there while someone farms AP from them I want to quit, but it doesn't work.

Can you tell during a frantic match who's winning, and team up on them to an extent to pull them back into the mix? Or does the lack of a constant scoreboard prevent that?

cyborg009

Banned
the image from comments

PdS0W.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fuck you intellihealth, you and your invisble sly too!

Did you used Kratos? If you are one with level 3, then I have a legit reason to hide myself. :p

If you are talking about my last match, then I haven't use invisible. Just aggressive killing everyone until I had 19 score then stop for time being.

Zabuza

Banned
I think that's fake. I hope it is because while there are some characters there I'd love to have, it's missing several that NEED to be in the game.

Alright wife is going to be gone for the next few days, so clock if you are listening I would love to get in this beta and have some friends over for some good times. Ppppppppwease?

Drencrom

Damn, this game is a lot of fun. The controls are better than I expected :) I'd say ST, Sly and Kratos are my favorites atm.

That Locoroco stage looks great, fake or not.

Did you used Kratos? If you are one with level 3, then I have a legit reason to hide myself. :p

If you are talking about my last match, then I haven't use invisible. Just aggressive killing everyone until I had 19 score then stop for time being.

no i think i was parappa that match. I saw you hiding and was angry kratos chased me down. But i used the air < + triangle and air < + square to run away. I felt like i was in that combo video from evo.

Angelcurio

I believe this was my best match, 18 points.

I want to know why at the end of a match, the character portraits look like they are sad, all of them? it would make sense to have the winner with some kind of winner portrait, but they all look like they had actually lost the match, all of them.

By the way: What's the time that the beta shuts down this weekend? Contemplating paying the little that it'd cost for 1 month of Hong Kong PSN just to play the beta.

Top Bottom