• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Ploid 3.0

Ok now I'm taunting a lot. Parappa's taunt is awesome. Breakdance as I lay down a boombox when others are across the map.

In regards to making our own website, I think it's a great idea. I usually just use Fanmade Wiki Pages though, but if we can dedicate a good amount of time it'd be wonderful. We already have awesome movesheets

Edit: And yes, block! I've started doing it a lot, and it really intensifies things, especially 1v1. Most dont because there's no health, but you are really losing an opportunity to gain AP yourself and giving enemies a lead.

You can really throw players off with a good block and get your own offensive in there rather nicely, but make sure you're careful, you can still be grappled

Block+roll is also a good way to confuse enemies

I recently noticed that too. It gives you a nice break to counter.

lol I use my block button like I'm playing Smash Bros. I can't even begin to tell how many times I've gotten kills because someone went for a move with a high recovery only for me to block and roll and hit the super.

SykoTech

2 seconds left on the clock.

"I gotta BELIEVE!"

I win the match. Love it.

Beta than Brawl for sure. Got dropped from 2 matches, but everything has indeed been as smooth as butter otherwise. No freezes either.

Loudninja

I am telling you man sweet tooth may not have the greatest supers but he is very fun to play with.

The his level 2 super give yourself some space before you use it.

2 seconds left on the clock.

"I gotta BELIEVE!"

I win the match. Love it.

Beta than Brawl for sure. Got dropped from 2 matches, but everything has indeed been as smooth as butter otherwise. No freezes either.

How much of a SSB player are u?

I think it blocks level 1 supers.

Nope, but I'm interested to see that incorporated (thought it'll never happen unless they offer it as an option, which I really think would take the game a long way)

I've notice no uses throw either

also nice touch with fat princess boob physics

Oh, I certainly use throws, and have come across some players that do too.

You need to really use it with high AP players as that's the point.

It's a great way to throw them back from gaining another super level. Got grappled twice, which made getting to super 2 take a bit longer.

I like to use it on enemies to steal their AP, the more they have, the more u gain, but I dislike how AP flies everywhere.

Sly's moves make AP gravitate towards him I think. IMO, using throws should gravitate AP towards you, because a lot of the time it flies around and gets stolen.

My brother's playing now, and he pulled off Sly's Lvl 3 without any glitches. Got 4 kills. I guess he got lucky.

Major fan. Melee is probably my 2nd favorite game of all time.

Really now. Very happy to hear a lot of SSB fans enjoying this game better than even some SSB titles. A lot are still upset/taunting the game for being a rip off, I wish they could give it a try.

You know you might get lucky and they might hire you like what they did with the other gaffer.

How hard is it to:

-Offer an offline demo
-Promote an open beta
-Create an advertisement with the major brand characters (WITHOUT Kevin Butler)
-Reach out with 3rd party characters and cross promote All Stars with their games (demo of PS:A on every PS3 Bioshock Infinite disc)
-Install said demo onto every newly manufactured PS3 Slim
-Bundle said game into every PS3 Slim for Christmas
-Offer a digital version
-Secure major third party names
-Promote the game in their PSN store/What's New section (which they will at least do)

So many ways they can push this game for some good, good, sales.

man... Rolling behind someone and doing Sweet Tooth's Lv1 is so good.
I said that just 20 minutes ago. It's a great feeling when you do it.

I love how straight forward the Hades stage is,in contrast to how chaotic the Ratchet stage becomes.
I hope a lot of the remaining stages are as chaotic as the others. The Hades stage seems a little... bland compared to the others, as much as I like GoW Hades.

cyborg009

Banned
I love how straight forward the Hades stage is,in contrast to how chaotic the Ratchet stage becomes.

I never won a game on that stage lol

Tell me about the other gaffer lol.

Trevor he made really cool wallpapers when the Vita was released, he was contact by PlayStation on tips to improve UI and now he has a job a Evolution.

-Bundle said game into every PS3 Slim for Christmas

Best option

Anybody down to make a website dedicated to this game just like smashboards?

If anyone would be interested in hosting for this, I personally know someone who runs a pretty damn good hosting company who'd be willing to host the site for either free (with ads) or for pretty cheap paid.

I said that just 20 minutes ago. It's a great feeling when you do it.

Especially when they think they got you cornered....

227839420.gif

^My exact facial expression!

So, I know it hasn't been discussed, but does anybody else want a Collector's Edition? Take fan service to that next level, and offer some cool, historic features that really celebrate PlayStation?

-Steel box case
-A handful of plushies/action figures (something collectible to put in a display)
-Exclusive Alt costumes
-Exclusive Alt Taunts even
-Exclusive avatars for PSN IDs
-Exclusive dynamic themes
-Some sort of art book with a history of the IPs represented from the game
-A cool poster
-Some sort of strategy handbook

For about $100 or so, I'd be down for it.

Loudninja

So, I know it hasn't been discussed, but does anybody else want a Collector's Edition? Take fan service to that next level, and offer some cool, historic features that really celebrate PlayStation?

-Steel box case
-A handful of plushies/action figures (something collectible to put in a display)
-Alt costumes
-Alt Taunts even
-A cool poster

They confirmed no Collectors edition.

-Steel box case
-Alt costumes
-Alt Taunts even
-A cool poster

Would definetly want that, game screams for a CE.

J-Tier

Sometimes I just stare at the character select screen. I can't get over some of these characters being together, its just awesome.

Top Bottom