• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Foshy

If anyone has a spare PS3/Vita code, please PM it to me

1. Foshy
3. Thuway
4. SSReborn
6. Baekshi
8. ScraftyDevil
9. Kouichi
10. Synless
11. Face it Tiger
12. JStein0222
13. Myk_Pad
14. LuuKyK
15. Shadow2222
16. Kyon
17. tribal24
18. JazzmanZ
19. Darknessbear
20. RADRAD
21. KillGore
22. KiNeSiS
23. PSY・S
24. Takao
25. BMIT_
26. xKilltheMx
27. Mush
28. B.O.O.M
29. RaGMasTeR90
30. SykoTech
31. Drago
32. ~Devil Trigger~
33. Drencrom
34. Order

xptoxyz

The list jumping between threads keeps losing people I think, I know I've been taken out almost every time. Should be before Mush. I think there are other people missing. (d(r)eweyes for example)

SSReborn

The best place for the list would've been the other thread because most people who get codes report to that thread and not this one.

KalBalboa

Banned
2012-09-19%252020.54.16.jpg

My buddy and I played earlier in a cross-platform party- him on the Ps3, me on the Vita. We actually fared really well. I want to say we went 5-2.

The lag was negligible, too. I actually was able to play on my Vita while watching the TV screen as if the Vita were a dual shock.

2012-09-19%252020.54.16.jpg

My buddy and I played earlier in a cross-platform party- him on the Ps3, me on the Vita. We actually fared really well. I want to say we went 5-2.

The lag was negligible, too. I actually was able to play on my Vita while watching the TV screen as if the Vita were a dual shock.

How in the shit did you do it? How do you set up for same PS3 play?

Also, for the record -
I did get in the BETA and said I was going to share it with somebody of my choosing, but in the end my girlfriend called dibs - so yaknow.

Sorry Guys! She called em while I was at the career fair.

How in the shit did you do it? How do you set up for same PS3 play?

Also, for the record -
I did get in the BETA and said I was going to share it with somebody of my choosing, but in the end my girlfriend called dibs - so yaknow.

Sorry Guys! She called em while I was at the career fair.

Just invite him to the party.

WatTsu

There are lots of other people who deserve a shot at the beta before me but I've got this preordered on Amazon and I would love to check out cross play.

So if anyone is magnanimous enough to share a code/put me on a list, I'd happily pay it forward later.

Caffer

Neo Member
does anyone think sweet tooth is overpowered?? i played it for a while now and i can spam 1st level combo every 10/15 seconds..

does anyone think sweet tooth is overpowered?? i played it for a while now and i can spam 1st level combo every 10 seconds..

Give it time you will see that nearly every character in the right hands is OP. Every character in the beta at some point has been called OP. Game thrives on the idea of making everyone OP to balance rather than nerfing everything.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I LOVE THAT about this game.

Caffer

Neo Member
Give it time you will see that nearly every character in the right hands is OP. Every character in the beta at some point has been called OP. Game thrives on the idea of making everyone OP to balance rather than nerfing everything.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I LOVE THAT about this game.

maybe you're right, i used sly a lot in the previous beta and i think he was overpowered too :/

i wonder if Superbot willl patch the beta and add sly, he was my favourite character and he was supposed to be in this beta..

lol there is a HUGE drop off from the list on the other topic:

1. Foshy
2. Thuway
4. Kouichi
5. Synless
6. Face it Tiger
7. JStein0222
9. Shadow2222
10 Kyon
11.tribal24
12.Darknessbear
13.RADRAD
15. Drencrom
16. Order
Jawmuncher
17.Shadowlink
18.batmandarkknight
19.Kagari
21.YoungOne
22.buddha0991
23.WatTsu
24.SAB CA
25.ZeroAKA
26.JohnnySasaki86
27.Cisce

Obsolete u jerk, I was trying to let u play 1 v1 lol

If 4 of u Gaffers get in a match 2 of u should spectate and let the other two duke it out

OMGGGG! MY SISTER SUCKS, ARGHHH!

But well played, I f'ed up my super and we were laughing our asses off at Obsolete dodging Parappa like a PRO! Parappa had super 2, my sister tried to run him over 3-4 times, and Fat P does her twirl dodge like NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! We lost it.

I will try to co-op with a Gaffer like Psy S and hopefully we run into each other again

PSY・S;42411245 said:
Damn, still no luck.

Sorry man I tried to invite you but no go, so I joined up with scrafty.

OMGGGG! MY SISTER SUCKS, ARGHHH!

But well played, I f'ed up my super and we were laughing our asses off at Obsolete dodging Parappa like a PRO! Parappa had super 2, my sister tried to run him over 3-4 times, and Fat P does her twirl dodge like NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! We lost it

I will try to co-op with a Gaffer like Psy S and hopefully we run into each other again

LOL! That was freakin ace dodging right there. Great times. I'm actually done for the night. Gotta go to bed.

So what's the impressions from those new to the game and those coming from the old beta?

It's much better in almost every way, although I hate how they nerfed Parappa's Level 1. It's so hard to get multiple kills with now T^T

Oh, and great game, TimeEffect. I loved when I held them in place with my kicks and you grenaded them both to death ;)

So what's the impressions from those new to the game and those coming from the old beta?

Playing with Gaffers like u makes this game shine. I'm seeing a lot of smarter plays and well timed dodges. That dodging u did was absolutely gold.

Everything is better from the private beta, only thing missing is the catchphrases when you select a character. Supers feels better too, especially super 1's which felt a little easier to pull off in private beta (Parappa, and Sweet Tooth). Fat P's super 2 feels shorter, and Parappa's super 2 oddly can net him 4 kills if u time it right... which seems to make his super 3 more obsolete. Not sure if I like that, but if people can dodge like u can, then it becomes viable.

Oh man, that Radec team's salt was delicious.

Haha, I got the first one in a nice combo at the beginning.

no one wants to add me to play games online :(

PSN ID?

Noi

Playing with Gaffers like u makes this game shine. I'm seeing a lot of smarter plays and well timed dodges. That dodging u did was absolutely gold.

Everything is better from the private beta, only thing missing is the catchphrases when you select a character. Supers feels better too, especially super 1's which felt a little easier to pull off in private beta (Parappa, and Sweet Tooth). Fat P's super 2 feels shorter, and Parappa's super 2 oddly can net him 4 kills if u time it right... which seems to make his super 3 more obsolete.

Oddly enough, the catchphrases are actually in the Vita build but not the PS3 one.

Parappa's level 3 can be great when properly timed. Wait for someone to start a level 2 or something before using it, and you pretty much force them to waste a lot of meter.

Ran rp

I can't really compare the two betas because I went from playing on the PS3 (pre-2.0 update) to playing on the Vita. The only things that stand out to me are the freezing before death, the adjusted supers, and the damage counter on the super meter. All of them are good changes but the deaths should be color coded.

Top Bottom