• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

I keep getting this thread and the other thread mixed up so I probably have more posts on that one.

I see now. I didnt see your name on the list I was going on. Well you're here (and have more post) so I'll send it to you. If it doesnt work blame clockwork =p

And sent. Hope the code works and you enjoy it.

I see now. I didnt see your name on the list I was going on. Well you're here (and have more post) so I'll send it to you. If it doesnt work blame clockwork =p

tumblr_lku54vSkqQ1qg3uqyo1_400.gif

Dreweyes

Would love to play this beta, game sounds like a blast!

I hope the online play stays just as smooth as you guys say it is, once thousands of people are on it.

It would be cool if I coul get added to the list/get a code... I'd do so myself, but apparently the list is outdated and I don't want to mess with the order you guys have :(
Please tell me if I can get one; it would be great to play this beta!

CISCE AND DRENCOM HAVE YOU GOT CODES YET?

If Cisce is in then the code goes to Drencom, If Both are in already I'll pick the name with the next highest amount of post.

Just woke up after sleeping in late and no I'm not in the beta yet. This is probably the one day that I regret sleeping it, but oh well. Thanks anyway for giving away codes and I hope that Coolbgdog12 enjoys the beta! :)

How is everyone finding the beta?

Ran rp

Cross post:

PSY・S;42458059 said:
I'm not 100% sure but for everyone playing on the Vita, I think turning off notification sound and ps button alerts will stop the game from crashing when you get a notification.

Edit: nope, still crashing :/

Okay after playing a few rounds of the beta the sound is definitely improved but I still think it's not perfect imo. The music for Metropolis imo sucks whether regardless of it's louder because it sounds like your at some title screen.

The graphics looks amazing on the Vita though but I played mostly on the Vita since the vita speakers are so low and I have no headphones right now.

I'm surprised Sly and the other two maps aren't available.

Gah, I can't connect to anything! I haven't played the beta once.

It either sits at "OPPONENTS FOUND" forever or takes me back to the char select w/ a code 0x8cb95ae402 (ectect)

Is it down atm? Or is it my PS3?

Man I really to see an in depth analysis of the Vita version because it looks like a damn near 1:1 copy. It's amazing how flawless online works between the PS3/Vita version and the transition between each one is seamless. I had no issues going back and forth last night playign online with a friend I shared the beta with. She was on PS3 and I was on Vita/PS3 from time to time.

KalBalboa

Banned
Man I really to see an in depth analysis of the Vita version because it looks like a damn near 1:1 copy. It's amazing how flawless online works between the PS3/Vita version and the transition between each one is seamless. I had no issues going back and forth last night playign online with a friend I shared the beta with. She was on PS3 and I was on Vita/PS3 from time to time.

I've done the same. It really can't be stressed enough how strong the parity is- and the servers are solid enough that you can use the Vita as a second-screen controller for the PS3 version.

Man this game is so freaking fun I just had an awesome match I was using Parappa and was frustrated by the supers I was missing. We then went into overtime and everyone was hitting supers left and right and I hit a level 1 super and caught 2 people and then the match disconnected. I cracked a smile and was just cool because it was so fun.

I'm starting to really like Parappa now.

Synless

Fatty P is god tier, I can clean up pretty good with her. How do you change colors for characters? Also, anyone having problems when they select a character and when the game loads up they default as Kratos? It's happened several times and it is really annoying.

Fatty P is god tier, I can clean up pretty good with her. How do you change colors for characters? Also, anyone having problems when they select a character and when the game loads up they default as Kratos? It's happened several times and it is really annoying.

Shhhhhh, we have to let people keep thinking she isn't that great. Her level 3 needs to be looked at though, it barely gets 2 kills now.

As for changing colors, you can't choose in the beta. It only assigns an alternate color if multiples of the character are chosen. This is just in the beta though. Full game should allow you to select.

It always has done that since the last beta. It's annoying on the Vita since you have to press square to change characters.

Shhhhhh, we have to let people keep thinking she isn't that great. Her level 3 needs to be looked at though, it barely gets 2 kills now.

As for changing colors, you can't choose in the beta. It only assigns an alternate color if multiples of the character are chosen. This is just in the beta though. Full game should allow you to select.
YES that level 3 needs to be looked at seriously. I used it yesterday and got ZERO kills with it. I was like what was all the fanfare about?? Fatty P is deadly in the right hands. I don't really like her game but in this game she can hold her own.

Synless

It always has done that since the last beta. It's annoying on the Vita since you have to press square to change characters.

YES that level 3 needs to be looked at seriously. I used it yesterday and got ZERO kills with it. I was like what was all the fanfare about?? Fatty P is deadly in the right hands. I don't really like her game but in this game she can hold her own.
For clarification I know it defaults on Kratps to begin with, what I am saying is I hit square, select a character, confirm it and that character is now shown I hit "x" to start searching for match. When the game loads up, I'm Kratos anyways! It seems to happen when I have to wait super long for a match to be good and has happened several times. Also, picking up items needs to be worked on, I have been directly over items an had the pick up animation complete only to not pick it up for an attempt or two.

For clarification I know it defaults on Kratps to begin with, what I am saying is I hit square, select a character, confirm it and that character is now shown I hit "x" to start searching for match. When the game loads up, I'm Kratos anyways! It seems to happen when I have to wait super long for a match to be good and has happened several times. Also, picking up items needs to be worked on, I have been directly over items an had the pick up animation complete only to not pick it up for an attempt or two.

Oh ok I never seen that happen.

Also the item pickups could use a bit of sprucing up. I'd like it if you can pick up while moving.

Yes, I've had that happen a few times, very annoying glitch.

But I managed to learn how to use Kratos because of it so no hard feelings :p

Playstation Plus Beta starts TOMORROW October 16th. Beta opens up for everyone on October 23rd through PlayStation Store.

Vita owners can join beta tomorrow for free. The Beta will support Cross-Play, so PS3 and PS Vita owners will be able to fight with and against each other.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/15/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-beta-access-begins-tuesday-for-ps3-ps-vita/
So what will be in this limited Beta?

You’ll be able to play as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, PaRappa, and Fat Princess.
You’ll be able to play in both the Metropolis and Hades stages.
You’ll be able to try out four-player online tournaments and 2 v 2 online tournaments. For the 2 v 2 games we’ll be supporting friend invites, so you and a friend can fight another team online.

Foshy

That article says the 17th for EU, today is the 16th.

Posted on 15 October by Gavin Russell – European Producer, SCEE

Today, we’re happy to announce that the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta will kick off for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 3 on 17th October and then expand to everyone from 24th October through PlayStation Store!
What’s more, as a special treat, PS Vita users will be able dive right into the multiplayer beta starting tomorrow – no Plus subscription required. The beta will support Cross-Play, so PS3 and PS Vita owners will be able to fight with and against each other.

that makes two of us

It's ok, we can be sad together.

:(

Posted on 15 October by Gavin Russell – European Producer, SCEE

Today, we’re happy to announce that the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta will kick off for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 3 on 17th October and then expand to everyone from 24th October through PlayStation Store!
What’s more, as a special treat, PS Vita users will be able dive right into the multiplayer beta starting tomorrow – no Plus subscription required. The beta will support Cross-Play, so PS3 and PS Vita owners will be able to fight with and against each other.

It's ok, we can be sad together.

:(

This is in the link you posted

Yeah, 17th on PS3. He specifically mentions the Vita version coming "tomorrow", which would be today, as the article was posted on the 15th.

The article is probably wrong and it's coming on Wednesday along with the PS3 version, though.

Gotcha yea I think they lose track of what region they are posting about at times

Beta is up, search it on PSN Store if it's not on front page.

Beta is 1 GB compared to 585 MB of last public beta. This must be really something!

Wow I'm simply amazed really. The difference in graphics and fluidity between the last beta and this one is astounding. It really feels like the final game.

Top Bottom