• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Oddly enough, the catchphrases are actually in the Vita build but not the PS3 one.

Parappa's level 3 can be great when properly timed. Wait for someone to start a level 2 or something before using it, and you pretty much force them to waste a lot of meter.

Yes, I've yet to see that happen in full effect, but judging by how Obsolete dodged super 2's today, it's going to be a great tactic....

What do u guys think of having an item with one round, that fires slow, that takes long to fire, that disappears if u drop it (either by getting it knocked out of ur hand or getting supered), but that knocks out a whole super level? What item would u make that?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't know how you guys do it, but I'd suggest at least leaving a message stating that you're from GAF when you send a friend invite.

I get invites randomly every few days or so, but I have no idea who the person is, and they never leave a message saying, "Hey, I played you in XX."

I tend to automatically decline friend requests from people who don't leave some kind of identifier (ie, "I'm XXX from GAF."). I'll do that myself when I'm sending out friend requests to fellow gaffers.

Anyway, I wish more people would use this beta thread, instead of discussing it in the other thread. All that work was put into this thread, and it's hardly being used at all. Kind of lame.

I don't know how you guys do it, but I'd suggest at least leaving a message stating that you're from GAF when you send a friend invite.

I get invites randomly every few days or so, but I have no idea who the person is, and they never leave a message saying, "Hey, I played you in XX."

I tend to automatically decline friend requests from people who don't leave some kind of identifier (ie, "I'm XXX from GAF."). I'll do that myself when I'm sending out friend requests to fellow gaffers.

Anyway, I wish more people would use this beta thread, instead of discussing it in the other thread. All that work was put into this thread, and it's hardly being used at all. Kind of lame.

Send me an invite, same as it is here, and I agree tell me who you are from GAF.

Mik_Pad

Banned

I sent you one recently but it seems that from Vita you cant send a message with the friend request.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
That's why you send them from the PS3, silly! And if you don't have a PS3? Why the hell not? It's awesome!

In all seriousness, there's got to be some kind of way to send invites. I usually don't send invites from my Vita because of that reason.

My PSN is Figboy, so if you know me from GAF, well, that's easy. Some of you guys have different LIVE and PSN IDs than your GAF IDs, and that's what leads to the confusion for me.

Mik_Pad

Banned
That's why you send them from the PS3, silly! And if you don't have a PS3? Why the hell not? It's awesome!

In all seriousness, there's got to be some kind of way to send invites. I usually don't send invites from my Vita because of that reason.

My PSN is Figboy, so if you know me from GAF, well, that's easy. Some of you guys have different LIVE and PSN IDs than your GAF IDs, and that's what leads to the confusion for me.
Yeah I have a PS3!! But I was on my vita when I was sending invites but I will send you one from my PS3! :p

How much longer for Panel?

Also, is Metro glitched, or am I just not paying attention? I feel like I randomly get hit by the environment (probably the hydra), but I dont recall seeing the attack coming. Maybe they should make an incoming attack more obvious?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm jumping on my Vita version if anyone wants to make a party.

I'm still waiting for the LBP Vita credits to end. I beat it at 6 this evening. LOL. But then I put it into sleep mode while I walked home from the bus stop, and just remembered it, so I just turned it back on to let the credits play out (I think there's a badge or something you get for finishing the credits).

I think it's gone through 5 or 6 different songs. About 15-20 minutes long or something. So many names and jobs!!

Kouichi

After about a few hours of smooth playing, the game froze when instead of getting killed by a super, I floated around the stage for a few seconds before the freeze. Now I've just been listening to the Patapon theme loop endlessly, haha.

This game is so much fun. My PSN name is Kooichi-kun and I've been using Radec exclusively.

Ran rp

Ugggghhh. I think supers on the Vita are also activated by the touchpad. My Kratos just randomly used a level 2 and level 1 super with no one near him.

PSY・S;42418166 said:
Ugggghhh. I think supers on the Vita are also activated by the touchpad. My Kratos just randomly used a level 2 and level 1 super with no one near him.

They are. Left side is taunt and right is supers, I believe. Kinda confusing and hard to pull off taunts imo. ):

Tsunamo

That was....interesting. Was playing a match a minute ago and Radec used his level 3 with 11 seconds left, and it got it so that he could use it, but at the same time the timer paused, and his gun was still on-stage. (with his body being invisible) Seems like he could still shoot with it and move his level 3, but not use it. ._.

It didn't seem to disconnect any of us, but we couldn't finish the match due to the timer pausing.

PSY・S;42419656 said:
Yup.

Good games JStein! Sorry I made you miss some of your supers.

That's a horrible setup. My Kratos burned through nearly 3 bars in two seconds because my finger was on the edge of the pad.

Ha no worries dude, we had fun.

In free for all, I almost always save up for Radec's level 3. It's sick. I almost always get 6 kills. Love it.

Okay. Sorry if I'm being a slowpoke with this one, but if I registered and was accepted for the beta when Sony asked for applicants a while back, am I able to play this on my PS3 right now? Pretty sure my friend has it and he isn't registered with Playstation Plus.

Noi

Okay. Sorry if I'm being a slowpoke with this one, but if I registered and was accepted for the beta when Sony asked for applicants a while back, am I able to play this on my PS3 right now? Pretty sure my friend has it and he isn't registered with Playstation Plus.

It's a different beta from the old one, check your email for an invite or the like. It seems like most of the people who played Beta #1 got invites for Beta #2.

What was that one guys name that spammed the lightning roll on Sly all day long. Is he still around and what is he up to nowdays that the character isn't awailable lol.

SmithnCo

What was that one guys name that spammed the lightning roll on Sly all day long. Is he still around and what is he up to nowdays that the character isn't awailable lol.

redsocksrock or something like that, lol.

edit: Maybe redskinsrock... It's been too long since I experienced uber spamming.

Caffer

Neo Member
That was....interesting. Was playing a match a minute ago and Radec used his level 3 with 11 seconds left, and it got it so that he could use it, but at the same time the timer paused, and his gun was still on-stage. (with his body being invisible) Seems like he could still shoot with it and move his level 3, but not use it. ._.

It didn't seem to disconnect any of us, but we couldn't finish the match due to the timer pausing.
happened in a few matches to me too

Mr. Fix

Yeah I'm disconnecting every other match it seems.

The online's so smooth, with a few rare jumps here and there. I can't for the life of me avoid Parappa's level 2. If I roll past him running at me, won't the waves he leaves behind kill me?

xptoxyz

Finally got invited, just played my first game, none of us knew very well what we were doing I think. Was quite a bit of fun still, managed to get 5 kills using 2 Radec level 2s.

Mik_Pad

Banned
lol there is a HUGE drop off from the list on the other topic:

1. Foshy
2. Thuway
4. Kouichi
5. Synless
6. Face it Tiger
7. JStein0222
9. Shadow2222
10 Kyon
11.tribal24
12.Darknessbear
13.RADRAD
15. Drencrom
16. Order
Jawmuncher
17.Shadowlink
18.batmandarkknight
19.Kagari
21.YoungOne
22.buddha0991
23.WatTsu
24.SAB CA
25.ZeroAKA
26.JohnnySasaki86
27.Cisce
Hey Foshy are you in the Beta yet??

shink

Had a match with overtime and my golly was that fun. I think I was coming last but managed to use Fatty P's lvl 1 super 3 times to kill 2 each time to win it in the end.

The beta has sold me, well played SuperBot.

Yeah I'm disconnecting every other match it seems.

The online's so smooth, with a few rare jumps here and there. I can't for the life of me avoid Parappa's level 2. If I roll past him running at me, won't the waves he leaves behind kill me?

Yeah, you can't roll to dodge that I don't think.

B.O.O.M

Is it weird that I think Kratos plays much more smoother than before?

And it's MUCH easier to keep track of your character now..hope they tweak it a bit more but the improvements are great

Mr. Fix

PSY・S;42430280 said:
I've done it a few times with Kratos.

Seems to have worked for me too. Thing is, if he turns around, or slows down as he's approaching you, you're pretty much screwed.

Man, online is pretty unreliable for me tonight. Just played the worst match ever, teleporting and lag all around. Seemed like every player was in a different game.

EDIT: Third match in a row like that. =/

Darknight

lol there is a HUGE drop off from the list on the other topic:

1. Foshy
2. Thuway
4. Kouichi
5. Synless
6. Face it Tiger
7. JStein0222
9. Shadow2222
10 Kyon
11.tribal24
12.Darknessbear
13.RADRAD
15. Drencrom
16. Order
Jawmuncher
17.Shadowlink
18.batmandarkknight
19.Kagari
21.YoungOne
22.buddha0991
23.WatTsu
24.SAB CA
25.ZeroAKA
26.JohnnySasaki86
27.Cisce
28.Darknight

Added myself. Really wanna try this game on my Vita and the new version.

Is it weird that I think Kratos plays much more smoother than before?

And it's MUCH easier to keep track of your character now..hope they tweak it a bit more but the improvements are great

Huh you're right it is easier to keep track...What's causing that? Or are we just used to it?

Top Bottom