• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

DigitalOp

Banned
I found another somewhat gripe!

Last night, I found my self getting a little out of hand with some advanced players....

When Im caught up in a combo, I can pretty much figuratively put the controller down. Between incoming attacks and my characters staggering animation, Im pretty much helpless. Im trying to break free using rolls and blocks but nothing works. I have to wait till they work the max AP threshold off me!!! It freaking sucks because I feel like a worthless whore being pimped!

Does anybody here have any tried and true evasion techniques or tactics besides the good ol "well don't get caught in a combo fool"???

Oh yes.

By the way, if the game is able to have shirtless Dante, then it can surely have shoeless Kat.

WgNAB.jpg

Gadirok

For some reason every time the PS3 version turns on I go through the intro up until sackboy throws out the bananna peel since it kinda drops at that point.
But on the vita I always skip it.

It just sounds better coming from the ps3.

SmithnCo

That Cole combo is sweet but looks hard to pull off, haha. I can barely do it once.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm at work until 5PM PST, and won't be home until after 6, but I need to team up with Jawmuncher, so we can wreck shop on the Parappin' Believers!

Nakiro

2v2 is where this game shines in my opinion.
Had some great matches today, with and against GAF people in the ranked mode and it was fun. I just wish more people have a mic.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Clearly the people in our bracket don't understand how powerful self-belief is.

Self-belief made Parappa a kung-fu master in about two minutes. Self-belief made him so charismatic he was able to buy a car by selling garbage. Self-belief is the goddamn be all and end all. And we got it. Because we gotta.

TribalSponge, you're on notice.

(sorry, I had to make a promo).

Nakiro

Clearly the people in our bracket don't understand how powerful self-belief is.

Self-belief made Parappa a kung-fu master in about two minutes. Self-belief made him so charismatic he was able to buy a car by selling garbage. Self-belief is the goddamn be all and end all. And we got it. Because we gotta.

TribalSponge, you're on notice.

(sorry, I had to make a promo).

I gotta believe!

So turns out that the reason I didn't get this on Friday is because Amazon sent it in a giant box, with a smaller box insider with the game inside that, so the postman couldn't get it through the door and I had to go down the delivery office to pick it up.

Also, was it just me who started with the Vita version before trying the PS3? Now how do I cross-save?

Drencrom

Having a blast with the game but some things need to be fixed and added.

-Sir Dan needs to be buffed (shitty lvl 1 and slow AP gain)
-Kratos and Raiden are OP (great supers, easy to combo and good AP gain)
-Sackboy's lvl 3 is OP (opponents can't do shit as he just collects them all, easily get 6 kills in FFA)
-You can't see your FFA/2v2 belt in the menu
-Kratos chain grab homes to much, easy to spam
-Dantes pistols needs to be buffed

Hey someone 2v2 w/ me or 1v1!

I suck though...

Having a blast with the game but some things need to be fixed and added.

-Sir Dan needs to be buffed (shitty lvl 1 and slow AP gain)
-Kratos and Raiden are OP (great supers, easy to combo and good AP gain)
-Sackboy's lvl 3 is OP (opponents can't do shit as he just collects them all, easily get 6 kills in FFA)
-You can't see your FFA/2v2 belt in the menu
-Kratos chain grab homes to much, easy to spam
-Dantes pistols needs to be buffed

A minor thing:
- Remove character level from 2nd/3rd/4th player on same console (replace w/ guest symbol or something)
or
- Let 2nd/3rd/4th player level up
or/and
- Allow 2 users to sign in on same console (probably wouldnt work w/ how PS3 is setup)

impact

Banned
Jak needs a fucking buff so bad. He just can't compete in AP gain at all (against most of the cast) and has terrible supers to boot. There's no reason Kratos/Raiden can just mash all day and have amazing supers while Jak and Sir Daniel are gimp as fuck and have to work hard to just to be average.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I'm not totally sure, but I suspect the former, I tweeted:

--@stewartgilray Hello! I was wondering if you had any luck getting Abe into PSASBR? I'd love to see another familiar face (+hype for the new)

--"still following up"

Seems disappointed to me.. - could have just not replied if he wasn't allowed to comment or said so. Maybe it's being considered before they get back to him...but sure are taking their sweet time.

I can understand the moves being hard to come up with and that they'd need to pair him for DLC...but at least give the guys some notice

Abe's moves

Fart projectile
Chant Clasp hands together meditate into a telekinetic slam.
Chain Gun Turret Drop
Very crappy but hilarious hand to hand fighting
Throw Soda his species is made into as a bomb like projectile
Send Munch side kick as one of his supers to eat opponent.
Drop Portable Meat Grinder as another super
Taunt "Hello" Waves Hand
Taunt 2 Burp

Would be awesome to have Abe in as a total troll character. His focus should be on distance fighting mostly.
The devs could do some cool things with that character.

KevinCow

Banned
Abe could be like Olimar. One of his moves rescues a Mudokon who follows you around, then you can command him to do things (with GameSpeak, of course). Maybe you can have up to three at once.

And for one of his supers, he needs to possess an opponent, then make him blow up by pressing the super button again.

PowderedToast

So turns out that the reason I didn't get this on Friday is because Amazon sent it in a giant box, with a smaller box insider with the game inside that, so the postman couldn't get it through the door and I had to go down the delivery office to pick it up.

Also, was it just me who started with the Vita version before trying the PS3? Now how do I cross-save?

this happened to me too, hilarious but also fucked up

starting on vita is fine. cross save simply happens when you're signed in to PSN. it'll sync silently in the b/g

Top Bottom