• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Guys do you get the pre-order costumes the moment you put money down or the day of release?? I found a place near me that might have it this weekend and i might bite but i want those costumes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Basically, there was a Kid Icarus: Uprising tournament held by Nintendo World Report in April-May earlier this year, and it used the photo proof rule to ensure everyone played fair. Long story short, some dirtbag and his high school-aged friends tried to impersonate the people who beat them so that they could move on. It was a really long and complicated affair that ended with these dirtbags attempting to use a fraud email site to pose as the judge and disqualify everyone who had entered. It was a very nasty state of affairs that I'd rather not see imitated.

A few more details can be found in the comments here and in this podcast.

tumblr_lhmdjvvp1Y1qe7ndv.gif

Exactly what I had in my mind, DigiTron, or DigitaTron

Is the game up for pre-order on the EU/UK Store, or just the US one? Can't see it on my Vita...wanted to see how much it was digital.

It's in the EU PS3 store at least. Both versions+preorder costumes for 49€

Guys do you get the pre-order costumes the moment you put money down or the day of release?? I found a place near me that might have it this weekend and i might bite but i want those costumes.
Day of release afaik.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!*

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on the 19th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is single-elimination, so once you're out; you're out. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to the judge before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your oponnent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. Winner gets a cool thing!

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete (Man-is-Obsolete) and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil (emeraldphoenix7)
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom (Drencrom) and Napalm_frank (NapalmFrank)
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24(maxbahamut24) and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Toronto Bros. - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (Tagg7) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber and RazOmari (Knot-Locks)
Itchypads - Mik_Pad and Kouichi
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus and B.O.O.M (rathne)
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi (Noisama) and The Grim Heaper (TheGrimHeaper)
Psyborg- PSY・S (SuP3RiViAIN) and cyborg009
DigiTron - DigitalOp and Vysetron (Chuftbot)
???? - Snapshot King (SnapshotKing) and uncleniccius (uncleniccius)
???? - Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama (FFVIIguy)
The Baked Knights - BakedPony (BakedPony1) and batmandarkknight (Macky_Tung)
Parappin' Believers - Tsunamo (JayTooCool) and FMTownsMarteh (NoR4U_)

Looking for Partner
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
Dreweyes
SteeloDMZ
Quick
krpiper
Thedarkstark

We have 18 teams ready, and 3 teams in pending. Can't wait for this tournament to start.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Oh, I should probably mention my PSN is Chuftbot, not Vysetron. PSN is the only service where I wasn't able to use my normal handle. Kind of an important note, haha

Ponn

Banned
I was looking at the PSN store on PS3 this morning because it was flaking out last night and wouldn't let me download QC for PS plus. I saw All Star Battle for 59.99 as first on new release list. I looked all over on the description and doesn't say anything at all about it being a preorder.

i dunno if i wanna find a partner or not. :( i might let them down due to my sucky fighting game skills.

that and the net speed here in the philippines sucks. but if i have 3-4 bars in COD, then I think I should be fine.

Any players from asian countries? :p

Ran rp

PSN is SuP3RiViAIN. It's supposed to be read as "SUPERMAN" but I usually get "Supervillain" or "Super Ivan" instead, haha. It's old and Sony needs to let me change it.

bakedpony

i dunno if i wanna find a partner or not. :( i might let them down due to my sucky fighting game skills.

that and the net speed here in the philippines sucks. but if i have 3-4 bars in COD, then I think I should be fine.

Any players from asian countries? :p

I'm pinoy as well but I'm not sure if I'll be home during the tourney. It will probably be in the wee hours to morning in local time.

This isn't serious, at least it shouldn't be. It's all in good fun really.

im just a highly competitive guy. :p

if i know im playing with friends/associates, i get into this super saiyan serious mode. :| even with games i suck in. hahaha! but hey, you're right. i should just have fun with this game. :p

Okay cool. I'll join with batmandarknight if I'm able to. PSN ID is bakedpony1

sweet. hopefully it doesnt start during my classes.

my user name is Macky_Tung. But I like being called as batman in forums. :p

HAH!!! I am decent but I know there are much better players here. TheMink and Jstien are probably early favorites.....the harder they fall they say :)

Decent? You can flawlessly dodge PaRappa and Fatty P's Level 2s, and every Level 3 in the game (provided they can even get that far). Give yourself some more credit, man.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
To true absolutely hated the game as a kid. Hell playing as both the Compy and Human are just trials of horrible gaming. However even with all that it still has a place with me.
Though I completely agree about GAF when they get bent out of shape over a small detail.
Sort of like how some posters were all "hurt" when they announced PSAS

Yuppers! God, I forgot all about the Compy's. I think I blocked them out. The Raptor and T-Rex were fun though, and I really liked the final boss battle.

And yeah, the butthurt reactions to PBR has been the most annoying/frustrating ordeal of this entire thing. You'd have thought that Sony bought Nintendo, then turned all of their franchises into first person shooters set in World War II. The meltdowns were absurd.

At the end of the day, though, the game is damn fun, and is some great fan service to PlayStation. I'm really looking forward to the Kat and Emmett DLC. I'm especially interested in Emmett's move set. It should be really interesting, and very different from the other projectile users in the game.

Top Bottom