• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

so judge only have to make sure the matchs happening and receive informations and photo from the victory team, right?

Yup, that's pretty much it.

No, I just meant if the mods will let the tourney be on the main gaming side instead of community. It'll probably be okay though.

I'd be down for judging if you need an extra one.

Is there an online bracket site you are going to use?

Okay; thanks for the clarification. You can definitely be a judge if you want to be.

I'll probably just use Challonge.com for the bracket, as theirs are pretty flexible and easy to use.

SykoTech

Don't know whether to go digital or not. It would be great for a "pop-in and play" game like this, but I can see myself losing patience with the download size. Especially if it's 1.6 GB on the PS3 as well.

Decisions, decisions.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Challonge is the way to go. I've organized a bunch of stuff with it, and I can't think of a better tool.

Also, did all the other people looking for partners vanish? I SEE HOW IT IS

SmithnCo

Challonge looks good. I'll definitely help judge to make the tourney into double elimination if you want. Are you going to give the judges certain matches to monitor or is it just whoever is available at the time?

Challonge looks good. I'll definitely help judge to make the tourney into double elimination if you want. Are you going to give the judges certain matches to monitor or is it just whoever is available at the time?

We can divvy them up once we know who's competing. We're basically just making sure matches don't get postponed for weeks on end and ensuring that there's no foul play, so it doesn't really matter who does what. Maybe each of us can take one half of the bracket?

Gadirok

I'm really happy for the Emmet DLC. I'll probably main him as much as I can when he comes out to let starhawk not die in pain. It was a good game, and deserves the rep. For the MP atleast. I do admit Emmet was kinda boring, but no doubt he will represent starhawk in the right ways.

Going to try a few guys but right now the only character I'm comfortable with is sly since running and hitting is more of my thing that full on frontal confrontation.

Glad to be picking this up day 1 ;)

JoshHood

Is the game up for pre-order on the EU/UK Store, or just the US one? Can't see it on my Vita...wanted to see how much it was digital.

SmithnCo

We can divvy them up once we know who's competing. We're basically just making sure matches don't get postponed for weeks on end and ensuring that there's no foul play, so it doesn't really matter who does what. Maybe each of us can take one half of the bracket?

Sure, that sounds good. On Vita you can just take a screenshot of the match score screen right? But on PS3 you need a camera or something? I guess that should be noted in the thread when you make it. :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can partner with you if you want. I plan on getting the game digitally on launch day and I am off all next week for Thanksgiving Break

Ask people on seeking for partner list (send them PM) to get partner or something like that.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!*

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on the 19th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is single-elimination, so once you're out; you're out. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to the judge before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your oponnent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. Winner gets a cool thing!

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man is Obsolete and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom and Napalm_frank
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24 and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Toronto Bros. - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (Tagg7) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber and RazOmari
Itchypads - Mik_Pad and Kouichi
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus and B.O.O.M
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi and The Grim Heaper
Psyborg- PSY・S and cyborg009
????? - DigitalOp and Vysetron

Looking for Partner
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
DigitalOp
Dreweyes
SteeloDMZ
Snapshot King
Tricky I Shadow
Oyashiro-Sama
Quick
uncleniccius
krpiper
Thedarkstark

Pending Partner
Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama
Quick and Snapshot King
uncleniccius and Lord Phol

Zephyrus

Banned
Btw I'm Portuguese.

We have to schedule the matches so I'm available if we fight American players.

Psn: GoncaloPacheco (first and last name)

Sure, that sounds good. On Vita you can just take a screenshot of the match score screen right? But on PS3 you need a camera or something? I guess that should be noted in the thread when you make it. :)

I'll be sure to make note of that. Since this game's scoreboards don't disappear until you do it manually, there's no way people will be able to fudge the records.

SmithnCo

I'll be sure to make note of that. Since this game's scoreboards don't disappear until you do it manually, there's no way people will be able to fudge the records.

Cool, if they don't get a pic hopefully people will play honestly and agree on the winner. I doubt we'll see any foul play from GAF.

Hopefully people would play honest games if people don't have camera.

Eh, with almost every cell phone having an at least decent camera nowadays, I think that there's a good chance that one of the two partners will be able to take pictures.

Cool, if they don't get a pic hopefully people will play honestly and agree on the winner. I doubt we'll see any foul play from GAF.

You're probably right, but after the Kid Icarus Uprising debacle, I'm not taking any chances.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Eh, with almost every cell phone having an at least decent camera nowadays, I think that there's a good chance that one of the two partners will be able to take pictures.

You're probably right, but after the Kid Icarus Uprising debacle, I'm not taking any chances.

What happens at Kid Icarus Uprising?
I know most of us PSABR Gafs are honest people so I'm not worried.

I never read that thread, what happened? And why Kid Icarus of all games?

I never did tourneys in that game, what's the story with that?

Basically, there was a Kid Icarus: Uprising tournament held by Nintendo World Report in April-May earlier this year, and it used the photo proof rule to ensure everyone played fair. Long story short, some dirtbag and his high school-aged friends tried to impersonate the people who beat them so that they could move on. It was a really long and complicated affair that ended with these dirtbags attempting to use a fraud email site to pose as the judge and disqualify everyone who had entered. It was a very nasty state of affairs that I'd rather not see imitated.

A few more details can be found in the comments here and in this podcast.

DigitalOp

Banned
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
Sponge
Dreweyes
SteeloDMZ
Snapshot King
Tricky I Shadow
Oyashiro-Sama
Quick
Vysetron
uncleniccius
krpiper

Ill team up with any one of you. I guess that'll be the first to respond to this. I promise to prove myself on the battlefield!!

Also... when is this tournament starting?? Are we gonna have time to play the game for a while and learn some characters??

Vysetron

Neo Member
Ill team up with any one of you. I guess that'll be the first to respond to this. I promise to prove myself on the battlefield!!

Also... when is this tournament starting?? Are we gonna have time to play the game for a while and learn some characters??

Let's do this!

Edit: and yeah, I'd like to know the times as well. If it's right on Thanksgiving I won't be able, but I figure we'll get a couple days to figure the game out or something.

B.O.O.M

Btw I'm Portuguese.

We have to schedule the matches so I'm available if we fight American players.

Psn: GoncaloPacheco (first and last name)

oh yea time zones can be a bit of a pain. But I'm sure we can work it out. I'm in Oregon USA. So NW, PST time.

I just checked so here it's 9.30 am and it's 5.30pm in Portugal right? Not too bad. Especially if we have matches over weekends it would be totally doable.

oh and ps: my friends list is full but I will definitely remove someone and add you :) my psn is: rathne

Duffyside

Banned
What's the word on how many DLC characters there will be? After the freebies are done, I'm betting that's when we'll get Crash and Spyro. That's just how Activision rolls. I wouldn't be surprised if Cloud and Sephiroth came later too, but only if Sony can show interest/sales of other characters.

Also, I'm a little peeved at Sony for not offering the $6 Plus Day 1 discount on this one. Still begrudgingly waiting for some sort of deal, wondering if/when I'll bite.

Let's do this!

Edit: and yeah, I'd like to know the times as well. If it's right on Thanksgiving I won't be able, but I figure we'll get a couple days to figure the game out or something.

We'll probably hold the matches on American Thanksgiving weekend and the entire week after that, so as to give people a little bit of time to practice.

Lord Phol

I caved in and canceled my retail copy for the digital version, will now have this on the 21st with the costumes, aww yeah! 8D It was really cheap as well which suprised me.

Still up for grabs for anyone who needs a tourney partner, will probably will be playing Dante or Nariko.
PSN: LordPhol (won't be available the 23rd-24th though)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Let's do this!

Alright, what's your team name? I can see several good names from both of your username.

As much as I was turned off by the Super-based scoring system, the seemingly smooth-as-hell online and the ability to play a fun 4-player mascot Brawler that isn't 5+ years old already makes me think I will end up picking this one up.
Seth Killian deserves the sales as well...

Did you play the beta? I think everyone held disdain for the Super system when it was first announced, but it's just one of those things that makes sense when you play the game for a bit and become aware of the various strategies that it entails. It's a breath of fresh air and something different that works I think. Wouldn't have the game any other way now.

DigitalOp

Banned
Let's do this!

YES. We are the team to take this thing!

Digitron! VyseOp! uhhhh name? lol

I can't wait to practice! We should practice online Vysetron beforehand, build up some skills to punish these fools haha lol

darkwing

this is amazing, the game isn't out yet and we have a tournament , but won't you guys want to play each character's story first??

SmithnCo

this is amazing, the game isn't out yet and we have a tournament , but won't you guys want to play each character's story first??

Probably, there'll still be some time to practice if it's going to be on the first weekend; I still have to figure out who I'll use.

Vysetron

Neo Member
YES. We are the team to take this thing!

Digitron! VyseOp! uhhhh name? lol

I can't wait to practice! We should practice online Vysetron beforehand, build up some skills to punish these fools haha lol

I am totally down for some practice! Wifi will be a bit spotty on the Thanksgiving holiday, but we should get games in.

Also, YES, BEST WORST MASCOT EVER. Team Digitron is a go!

Top Bottom