• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Going to pre-order this game on PSN as importing US versions sucks now that PlanetAxel is dead.

This is the most positive Neogaf thread of all time. No negativity at all!

It's because the trolls/haters realize that this is a no troll/hate zone. As soon as they bring up anything negative they're washed away with a wave of happiness/praise for this game. It's a beautiful thing, man. Now, I'm very sad I can't get the game day 1, can't afford both PSABR and P4 Golden, but I will be getting it A-S-A-P.

Spinluck

I had a dream that the Colts beat the Pats. Every time I remember having a dream of us beating a team, we got our ass kicked.

6-4 here we come!

anddo0

Wonder how big the Vita PSN version is going to be. I want to give my nephew the PS3 version and keep the Vita version for my self. But MC space is tight. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered from Newegg ($48) and don't want to lose that price.

I wish they included at least one or two more evasive move(s). Like that planted ground dodge in smash bros. Or maybe even replace the current taunt button with wave-dashing. You could maybe wave-dash into moves or out of the range of certain attacks, or wave-dash while doing a planted ground dodge to have you dodge while facing the same direction...etc.

TheMink

I wish they included at least one or two more evasive move(s). Like that planted ground dodge in smash bros. Or maybe even replace the current taunt button with wave-dashing. You could maybe wave-dash into moves or out of the range of certain attacks, or wave-dash while doing a planted ground dodge to have you dodge while facing the same direction...etc.

You can do a planted ground dodge.

And Heihachi can wave dash

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!*

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on the 19th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is single-elimination, so once you're out; you're out. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to the judge before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your oponnent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. Winner gets a cool thing!

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man is Obsolete and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom and Napalm_frank
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24 and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Toronto Bros. - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (Tagg7) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber and RazOmari
Itchypads - Mik_Pad and Kouichi
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus and B.O.O.M
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi and The Grim Heaper

Looking for Partner
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
DigitalOp
Sponge
Dreweyes
SteeloDMZ
Snapshot King
Tricky I Shadow
Oyashiro-Sama
Quick
Vysetron
uncleniccius

Pending Partner
Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama
Quick and Snapshot King
uncleniccius and Lord Phol

Think i'll go with a Little Sister.
Me too. After I saw her in opening trailer.

Would it be okay to team up with a non-gaffer for 2v2? Me and him partnered up for most of the beta, and he lives closeby so I probably wouldn't have to worry about connection problems/problems getting someone from another country to join my party.

That's fine since other gaffers have their family involved too. Ask Host tho.

Hehe... It was quite a bit of a bloodbath. Right before release too, ouch.

Can't wait for midnight on the 20th, I have the whole day to just marathon this game.

Lol yeah. It was bad day for UMVC3 thread.. We lost a lot of awesome posters those days.

I'm just going to post the rules of the tourney for new forumites:

Rules:

Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be first to five kill limit, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on the 19th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is single-elimination, so once you're out; you're out. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to the judge before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your oponnent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. Winner gets a cool thing!

*working title

Ran rp

This thread has moved so fast. Anyone want to partner up with me?

My attempt......go ahead mock....if you dare!!!

ibrRlXw1TAJog3.png

Let's do this!

Hahha, this is awesome.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Rules:

2 vs 2 Teams
Time-is-Obsolete - Man is Obsolete and TimeEffect
ScraftyDesmond - Desmond and ScraftyDevil
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom and Napalm_frank
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24 and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Toronto Bros. - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (Tagg7) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber and RazOmari
Itchypads - Mik_Pad and Kouichi
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus and B.O.O.M
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi and The Grim Heaper

Looking for Partner
Lord Phol (LordPhol)
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
DigitalOp
Sponge
Dreweyes
SteeloDMZ
Snapshot King
Tricky I Shadow
Oyashiro-Sama
Quick
Vysetron
uncleniccius
PSY (dot) S

Pending Partner
Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama
Quick and Snapshot King
uncleniccius and Lord Phol

Updated.

Scrafty, you might need to make new thread based on 2 vs 2 fun tournament to get more people. I wish it was double elimination >.<

SmithnCo

Updated.

Scrafty, you might need to make new thread based on 2 vs 2 fun tournament to get more people. I wish it was double elimination >.<

We've got quite a few people for the tourney!

A new thread might make it more organized, might wanna figure out the rules though. It might have to be put in the community section?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah sounds good!:) Can you change it in the thingy SS please?

name of your team?

We've got quite a few people for the tourney!

A new thread might make it more organized, might wanna figure out the rules though. It might have to be put in the community section?

Problem with Community Selection is that people wouldn't be aware of tournament because it's brand new game and haven't released yet.

Updated.

If someone is willing to volunteer as a judge for the consolation bracket, then I'm all for it. I'll make the thread once we're a bit closer to release.

EDIT:

SmithnCo said:

What do you mean by this? Can you help me reword/rework them if you don't think they're going to work.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If someone is willing to volunteer as a judge for the consolation bracket, then I'm all for it. I'll make the thread once we're a bit closer to release.

so judge only have to make sure the matchs happening and receive informations and photo from the victory team, right?

name of your team?

Problem with Community Selection is that people wouldn't be aware of tournament because it's brand new game and haven't released yet.

I'm not sure on a name yet, my partner can decide.:D
We'll probably need to do games on weekends, unless teams have a player from the same territory with them, and are playing an EU side.

SmithnCo

EDIT:

What do you mean by this? Can you help me reword/rework them if you don't think they're going to work.

No, I just meant if the mods will let the tourney be on the main gaming side instead of community. It'll probably be okay though.

I'd be down for judging if you need an extra one.

Is there an online bracket site you are going to use?

Thank you sir!
Also did anybody catch what the deal was with the different "belts" I know they said it in the stream, can't find it though

Belts are your online rank. I'm not sure if you get them in ''real time'' or at the end of each matchmaking season. You also unlock titles for your ''player card'' depending how high ranking belt you get and how many seasons you have hold it.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
As much as I was turned off by the Super-based scoring system, the seemingly smooth-as-hell online and the ability to play a fun 4-player mascot Brawler that isn't 5+ years old already makes me think I will end up picking this one up.
Seth Killian deserves the sales as well...

Top Bottom